Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
To be fair to Austin, Pho King is rather good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

You might say it's Pho King good.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

saintonan posted:

You might say it's Pho King good.

Yeah, that's the joke everyone would use lol

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Good on JJ, next he needs to convince HEB to bring back their Texans Tackle Crackle!

chinese hair cave posted:

Why do the Mexicans down here in San Antonio love barbacoa and big red

Like they go wild for it. poo poo isn't even that good

Are you the the gator that got knifed? Because that kind of nonsense get knife-gatored

chinese hair cave
Aug 23, 2017

by Cyrano4747

sexpig by night posted:

Big Red rules you animal
Big red is wrong and tastes extremely artifical

Like drinking carbonated chemicals

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

chinese hair cave posted:

Big red is wrong and tastes extremely artifical

Like drinking carbonated chemicals

I have bad news for you about all other carbonated beverages

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

I have bad news for you about all other carbonated beverages

"everything is a chemical! everything is a chemical!" i continue to scream as i drink arsenic

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm gonna go after all you big red haters with my gator knife :bahgawd:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Did Big Red ever make frozen popsicles? I remember riding my bike to the local gas station as a kid and buying a giant red frozen popsicle, it was was huge too, like a big red bullet.

I think the wrapping was red too, with....blue text too? This was like 25 years ago, so forgive my spotty memory.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The gator attempted to insult big red and barbacoa.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Spaced God posted:

I googled this place and was like "what the gently caress why does it say i've been here two years ago" before realizing that I was there once, on a first friday, and all that happened was I was there for like a half hour and the whole time a bunch of old men roasted my lanky 20 year old rear end.

I don't remember how the burgs were but I will check them out.

How is Casa Rodriguez? Everyone I talk to hasn't been there but swears by that La Familia place on 29th and Texas at the gas station

Casa Rod is pretty mediocre IMO, but I did live on the border for a while so my opinion of the Mexican in town is pretty low in general. Also they just bombed their health and safety inspection lol. I've only been to La Familia for breakfast tacos but they're good.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Texas Politics: The Lege is closed for 2 years. All we have is food talk.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

To be fair to Austin, Pho King is rather good

This place is like a block from my office and I’ve never gone, I guess I should sometime

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Did Big Red ever make frozen popsicles? I remember riding my bike to the local gas station as a kid and buying a giant red frozen popsicle, it was was huge too, like a big red bullet.

I think the wrapping was red too, with....blue text too? This was like 25 years ago, so forgive my spotty memory.

I think you're remembering a bomb pop.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

tecnocrat posted:

Texas Politics: The Lege is closed for 2 years. All we have is food talk.

Houston municipal elections are coming up which will probably be pretty interesting - my money is Houston Trump - Tony Buzbee - becoming the Mayor.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is ol Sly term limited?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

This place is like a block from my office and I’ve never gone, I guess I should sometime

Are you at Dell, Chrysler(or ford, one of the car companies), or Samsung?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Are you at Dell, Chrysler(or ford, one of the car companies), or Samsung?

General Motors, yeah

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

zoux posted:

Is ol Sly term limited?

He's got another term - they changed it from three 2 year terms to two 4 year terms in 2015 - but he is tremendously unpopular because he started an extremely annoying fight with the firefighters and voters are pretty racist (the white liberal part of Houston - City Council District C - voted for the Republican in 2015).

He has drawn 3 main opponents - Bill King (the guy Turner beat in 2015 in an extremely close race), Tony Buzbee (uber rich trial lawyer and Trump guy wanting to live out a local Trump fantasy where he imposes Tariffs on Dallas), Dwight Boykins (current District D Council member).

The big issue is that Boykins is a black Dem, which threatens to fracture Turner's base which may squeeze him out of the runoff.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

saintonan posted:

I think you're remembering a bomb pop.

I apologize for the foodchat, but just wanted to say that it was not a bomb pop (these are also quite wonderful). It was a large cherry ice popsicle, cylindrical with a round tip. Imagine a Bullet Bill (from Super Mario Bros.) painted red and on a stick.

It was giant and awesome. But again it's been 25 years so my apologies if I'm scrambling things.

e: oh hey, a text av, kewl

vvvvv Sadly, not the bar. It was a smooth cylinder shaped bar with a round tip. I also believe it was sold as a single packaged item in gas stations, I don't recall it being able to be purchased boxed in grocery stores vvvvv

BetterToRuleInHell fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jun 17, 2019

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
?

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
I'm sure this will be different by the time anyone reads this post because it's a brand new tweet, but I love how all the dumbass texas libs replying to this are like, "Oh Boy! When more people vote we win! This owns! THANKS IDIOTS!!" like the GOP doesn't know exactly where their rich white conservative enclaves are.

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1140578158493593600

e: picturing a bunch of maga chuds accidentally driving to south houston to canvass

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 17, 2019

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/jamesrhenson/status/1140494133582336000

Hey Beto you moron, you loving idiot

https://mobile.twitter.com/dallasnews/status/1140656385899814912

What a shot

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jun 17, 2019

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Dude is staring right at him. That's crazy.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

That's arguably a Pulitzer-worthy shot that I could see being in history books 50 years from now about the past few years.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That dude was 22

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Chieves posted:

That's arguably a Pulitzer-worthy shot that I could see being in history books 50 years from now about the past few years.

Same, holy poo poo.

e: there's just so loving much going on in that pic that it's kind of emblematic of american politics right now

the pseudo military gear, the terrified expression, the shitload of firepower

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 17, 2019

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'll say it: barbacoa sucks because nobody cooks it long enough. just make roast beef tacos instead

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

God loving dammit. I don't know if he'd be able to pull it off since I expect a lot of the approval gap between Cornyn and Cruz is simply Cruz being much more of a camera hound, but Beto definitely would have had a much better chance at that than he does at the nomination.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Shifty Pony posted:

God loving dammit. I don't know if he'd be able to pull it off since I expect a lot of the approval gap between Cornyn and Cruz is simply Cruz being much more of a camera hound, but Beto definitely would have had a much better chance at that than he does at the nomination.

Cruz’s numbers were in the toilet at the same point before his election. Nothing boosts a Republican’s poll numbers like having a Democrat running against them. Beto has no chance at the nomination, but a legitimate shot at VP, which would be good for Texas Dems.

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
A Senate race that would push a couple more suburbs seats over for the Texas House would be nice

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

LanceHunter posted:

Cruz’s numbers were in the toilet at the same point before his election.

not really

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

quote:

Clyde’s Facebook page is otherwise filled with vague warnings of an upcoming attack, conspiracy theories about the U.S. government, memes from far-right internet subcultures like 4chan, and misogynist memes.

In a video posted June 9, he warned that “the storm is coming,” a phrase frequently used by anti-government internet conspiracy theorists, and said he didn’t know how much time he had left. The video ends with Clyde saying he’s “ready,” and holding up a long gun.

References to incels, or the “involuntary celibate” internet community that is prominent on extreme misogynist message boards, are frequently posted in memes on Clyde’s page.

Clyde posted a picture of a swastika on a green flag, calling it a “solution” on April 29. He also often posted anti-U.S. government conspiracy theories, including posts about secret pedophile rings and CIA experiments.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/suspected-gunman-shot-after-opening-fire-outside-dallas-court-building-n1018251

change that to being emblematic of far right american politics I guess. I just didn't want to say it before being sure.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

quote:

In one picture posted Saturday, 10 magazines are laid out on the floor. In the caption, Clyde said he is no longer going to dress up for the local yearly anime conference in Dallas because he “decided to finish getting all of my mags.”

Lol

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
I thought about buying a bunch of mags for my tacticool operator cosplay but then I got dragged to Anime Matsuri last weekend (free ticket lol) and spent all my money on alcohol instead :rip:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/StricklandPhoto/status/1140694246938337282

Wow I figured the same, good job dude. Photojournalists have insane guts.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

That shows Cruz at 40% approval in June of 2015, two points lower than where Cornyn is now.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i usually can't stand this show but they have chris hooks on today and i've never seen him outside twitter

https://www.facebook.com/texastribune/videos/2191958520921148/?notif_id=1560963684998411&notif_t=live_video

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Marxalot posted:

I thought about buying a bunch of mags for my tacticool operator cosplay but then I got dragged to Anime Matsuri last weekend (free ticket lol) and spent all my money on alcohol instead :rip:

Margs not mags imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sardonik posted:

Margs not mags

stealing this to go make a killing off t-shirts in west austin