Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

The strangest outcome, the Phillies have a chance to sweep the Braves today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Bases loaded walks are the best.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Evan Gattis is so dreamy

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.
I know this ground has been trodden to death but how can Braves fans stand the drat chop game after game? I keep clenching my teeth in anticipation, just waiting for it to start.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Wow Hernandez looks awful out there. Everything he throws is either misses by a foot or is dead center.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Krigen posted:

I know this ground has been trodden to death but how can Braves fans stand the drat chop game after game? I keep clenching my teeth in anticipation, just waiting for it to start.

Well, I for one prefer to reserve all my impotent rage for concentrated efforts to hate Fredi Gonzalez to death

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Hey the Phillies aren't winning, order is restored

Also Hernandez is really bad because that's who he is and I don't get why he's starting for the Phillies at all

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.

mentholmoose posted:

Hey the Phillies aren't winning, order is restored

Speaking too soon! :v: Holding them to a run.

Edit: And they've tied the game.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

This is so dumb

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

Four hit's and the Phillies are now ahead. I'm supposed to be watching Australia chase Dutchman around but this game man...

Fake edit: FIVE hits now when they were trailing 2 runs before the innings started. Baseball is awesome.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Mayberry!

I don't understand...

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

Holy poo poo TWO MORE RBI's. Take Harang out back and put him down, he's done.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

It's Aaron Harang guys

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
I love Freeman and Gattis, but get hosed Braves.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

The Phillies offense versus Aaron Harang is basically a stoppable object versus a movable force

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

god drat it hardy is dropping the ball (lol) this year

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Bases loaded walks really own

Sergiu64
May 21, 2014

Going to see the Mariners at Padres game today, hope Cash shows some Class for us tonight :)

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

Sergiu64 posted:

Going to see the Mariners at Padres game today, hope Cash shows some Class for us tonight :)

Take pictures! I'm years away from getting to Safeco myself so I'll live vicariously through those who can. :v:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Carp dinger. :)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

No one ever learns.

Don't run on Yadi. :colbert:

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Make sweet love to me, Alex Gordon.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Castro again! :woop:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

alex cobb's windup is funny. he stops in the middle of it with his leg pointed way out, i wonder how he doesn't fall on his rear end

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Nate Schierholtz 3-run dinger! :woop:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

whoa Jay. :stare:

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

holy drat, Jon Jay threw a guy out with his arm?

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
Jon Jay does NOT want to platoon anymore and he will do literally everything to make that case apparently.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Roberto Hernandez with more innings pitched than runs given up! I'll take it.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Jake Arrieta is having quite the day today. 10 K's so far and he just hit a double to the wall.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

On the O's Rays game tied bottom 4th:

O's Chris Davis not flashing the leather
Kevin Gausman looks young as poo poo because he is
(Gausman looking pretty good sitting mid-90's)
Rays Alex Cobb has a goofy windup
(that appears to be working)
Nobody went to the Trop today
(does not need more cowbell)

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Mister E posted:

Jon Jay does NOT want to platoon anymore and he will do literally everything to make that case apparently.

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Dude has just been insane this month, if this is what competition does to him we should have threatened him long before this season.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

the popes toes posted:

On the O's Rays game tied bottom 4th:

O's Chris Davis not flashing the leather
Kevin Gausman looks young as poo poo because he is
(Gausman looking pretty good sitting mid-90's)
Rays Alex Cobb has a goofy windup
(that appears to be working)
Nobody went to the Trop today
(does not need more cowbell)

Yeah this is the first time I've seen Gausman pitch, he looks real good. I like his splitter too.

Meanwhile in the other MLB.TV window, Abreu took Hudson deep.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

God damnit Horton, stop apologizing for field mics picking up SPANISH curse words.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Jeremy Guthrie, he of the career 5.3 K/9, has 8 in 5 innings. Another fun day in Detroit

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
What's up with the Tigers stadium announcer? It's like he's trying to do a schlocky movie evil mastermind voice or something.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Alan Trammell posted:

Jeremy Guthrie, he of the career 5.3 K/9, has 8 in 5 innings. Another fun day in Detroit

To be fair. He stuff is as good as I have seen it this year.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

O's Steve Pierce was not dazzled by Cobb's windup fuckery, brings Markakis home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

God damnit Horton, stop apologizing for field mics picking up SPANISH curse words.

I thought I'd be free of him since I'm listening to the game on the radio, but nope, he's doing ads for crisis pregnancy centers.

• Locked thread