Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
It's raining in buckets here. There's no way in hell they're gonna start on time, if at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

struck out david ortiz with the tying run on base :cool:

i'm not an a's fan exactly but i'm rooting for them today. this game should already be over

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

It's raining in buckets here. There's no way in hell they're gonna start on time, if at all.

I really hope it stops raining soon. If for any reason just so that I'm not stuck with Joe Buck & Co.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

The Pussy Boss posted:

struck out david ortiz with the tying run on base :cool:

That was a really good pitch at the hands

I love you Coco, justice is served

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why is the Tigers game blacked out for me? I thought the league wasn't blacking out Fox Saturday games anymore.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Brewers win!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

holy poo poo v-mart what a bomb :eyepop:

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
The Fox broadcasters suck and I'm annoyed that they take the camera off the pitchers.

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

did harold reynolds just call joe buck jim

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

TenaciousJ posted:

The Fox broadcasters suck and I'm annoyed that they take the camera off the pitchers.

You mean you don't tune in to baseball games for interviews and crowd shots?

Tedd_Not_Ed fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 22, 2014

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I love whoever it is that is throwing poo poo at Scherzer while he's getting interviewed.

Deteriorata fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 22, 2014

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's insulting how Fox broadcasts games with the clear message that baseball is boring and it needs in-game interviews, flashy graphics, and loud sound effects.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Wait, why the hell are they talking about Tanaka and the Yankees in a game between Atlanta and Washington?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Wait, why the hell are they talking about Tanaka and the Yankees in a game between Atlanta and Washington?

Is it a national broadcast?

If so, that's your answer.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

God drat, Victor Martinez is unbelievable this year.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
drat the Barves are a bunch of children

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
What the gently caress is going on between Teheran and Gattis? As a Nats fan, I appreciate the runs but I didn't expect to be up 2 on Teheran.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Gorman Thomas posted:

drat the Barves are a bunch of children

They just switched off the ATL-DC game for the Pirates-Cubs, what happened?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I'm beginning to believe that Kate Upton really is a succubus. Verlander is throwing a decent game tonight, and Kate's nowhere to be seen.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

They just switched off the ATL-DC game for the Pirates-Cubs, what happened?

Teheran waved off every pitch Gattis called, Gattis stopped giving signals and stared down Teheran, then Teheran balked. The pitching coach had to come out and talk to them like little kids, and Teheran still gave Gattis attitude about the signals.

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

quoting this because L O L

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
I can't remember the last time I saw Werth make an important hit. But, :woop: Rendon! :woop:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Mercer, Mercer Me! :woop:

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

. . .

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Stop the Bus in Toledo, let Al Al off

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

loving JA Happ and loving Blue jays. gently caress!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Sup Blaine Hardy, a pitcher from Toledo who can't possibly be worse than everyone in our hunk of poo poo bullpen

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Deteriorata posted:

I'm beginning to believe that Kate Upton really is a succubus. Verlander is throwing a decent game tonight, and Kate's nowhere to be seen.

In all seriousness, Justin is either a tremendous rear end in a top hat and a great pitcher, or a pretty cool guy and a lousy pitcher. Kate influences him off the field to not be such an rear end in a top hat, thereby making him a lousy pitcher, I guess.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

Sup Blaine Hardy, a pitcher from Toledo who can't possibly be worse than everyone in our hunk of poo poo bullpen

He's done pretty well in his first few appearances. Here's hoping.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

BLAINE HARDY BEST RELIEVER EVER

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Castellanos with the glove work there, drat.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Deteriorata posted:

He's done pretty well in his first few appearances. Here's hoping.

I was at Monday's game when he made his debut and I thought it was the best Tigers pitching I had seen in a while.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
:ohdear: Cutch might be hurt.

E: Well that's a relief.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Don Kelly at 3rd for Castellanos, uh, why.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

You heard it here first folks, 2 IP is an acceptable sample size for Cliff Floyd.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

The New Papa Grande.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Rizzooooo :woop:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

SouthLAnd posted:

The New Papa Grande.

Too true. :smith:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Joe Nathan is obviously a Twins plant, murdering us like he always used to, but in a new and familiar way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ha ha it's Joe Nathan, everybody!

• Locked thread