Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Cheryl

Cheryl's exit from the conversation is punctuated by a rumbling groan from her stomach. She takes the turnover in one hand and dunks a corner into the gravy before taking a big bite. The flaky crust, with those savory juices oozing out the hole, and that gravy exactly as gravy should be; it isn't quite like Sal would have made back home, but nobody from Shady Glen could complain about it. She then turns to the burger, just pink enough in the middle to make city folk blanch, the hint of blood still lingering on the tongue. Nothing like that crap in Billings.

Taking her napkin for the juices slowly working their way down her chin, she turns to Kelly with a smile. "You tell the chef they've just made a loyal customer." For the next twenty minutes, she is too engrossed in her first meal in 2 days to contribute anything of substance to the conversation going on around her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Kurt Williamson/Simon Marino

"I WISH we got flexible hours, but I ain't complaining too much." Simon sipped at his coffee. It was better than he expected. Simon only glanced at the menu for a moment; he already knew what he wanted. He motioned for the waitress, "I'll take a burger, no mayo, and some hashbrowns with cheese."

Simon was aware that he was eating pretty badly lately, but he could always work it off, right?

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Jack Plissken

Jack takes his coffee and sips at it. Tastes alright. Not a bad brew, but it'd be better with whiskey. Best be seeing if they have a liquor store around here that carries Spicebox. He looks to the Brit.

"Another vet, huh? Where'd you serve? Or were you just a garrison boy back home? As for what we do, I've doin' freelance security since I got out of the army. Ain't much, but it pay. This job though? If it's loving steady, then that's better than most of the poo poo I've worked."

Jack looks at Marion. "Not liking shooting is fine. I'm in no bloody hurry to need to shoot at a person again. I'd rather stick with shooting at paper and steel during competitions. Still, I'd rather be prepared in case some poo poo does happen."

Jack notices Cheryl eating. Chick ate like a soldier, just packing it in. Wonder where the hell she learned to do that?

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
Aaron

"If they want us to start tonight," suggests Aaron, "it could be some sort of test. See how we hold up in uncomfortable conditions, you know? I mean, you bet there is some sort of probationary period, especially with hired security." He pauses, then smiles as he looks at the waitress. "And on that note: sorry to bother you, but, if I could get a coffee, no cream. And what's the soup today?"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Marion

"Me, too, but really no need for guns at all when you think about it. If things are getting that bad, we will most likely be locked down waiting for help." Marion shrugs and sips her tea, "I don't know if they would be as cruel to not to give us a light load, I've been driving for quite a few hours." She rubbed her eyes and drank from her tea slowly.

"I am hoping more for some orientation and to move everything into the place and taking a long long shower." Giving her neck a little crack and stretching a bit in her seat. Opening her purse she chows down on some trail mix (proudly exclaiming it was organic) before returning to nursing her tea.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
Maars Town Diner

"Will do folks." Kelly then goes back to the kitchen to send in the next order of food and drinks.

Now that the group had met each other, real first impressions could be had.

I'm rolling various skills that will help the characters get a first impression of their coworkers. I'm going through everyone's sheets, so there is no need to post anything this time. Also just so everyone knows, I don't roll fast talk, diplomacy, detect lies or any other social interaction skill between players. These skills are strictly PC vs. NPC or vise-versa.

For these impressions, I'm going to use spoiler tags. Everyone is on the honor system not to look at anyone else's. If by accident, you do, then make sure you keep that information out of character. Failure to keep out of character information out of character will bring harsh penalties.

Jacob Barnes
Steve, Kurt, and Dre and seem like they'll do the job fine. Marion seems a little off, but maybe its because of her stance on guns, Jack is a soldier and you can expect him to act like one when trouble starts, Cheryl you can't get a read on, and Aaron seems to be the most suited for the job (or maybe too much).

Steve Fishman
Everyone seems suited for this job in some way except maybe for Marion. The others seem to be from security, military, and law enforcement backgrounds.

Kurt Williamson
Most of the people seem like professionals except Dre. Dre wasn't very forth coming about what he did before this. He wanted to get out of the city? That's suspicious as hell. Possible criminal history. Not a good idea to ask Dre too many questions, no telling how Dre might react in such a situation.

Marion Tipplepot
Steve, Kurt, Cheryl, and Jack seem like O.K. people. They are all on the level. Jacob, Dre, and Aaron aren't all what they claim to be. All of her coworkers seem very capable. If something happens, they'll be ready to deal with it.

Jack Plissken
These folks seem O.K. You get the feeling you're gonna clash with Marion. In better news, you can tell Jacob Barnes is a vet in a way that vets known when they another man who has been in a conflict.

Cheryl Grayson
The other people seem O.K., but they are all outsiders. Best not to speak too much about her history in front of them. The best way to avoid suspicion is to go with the flow.

Andre “Dre” Prince
Cheryl was or is a cop. The others don't seem like they're cops or crooks. Dre has trouble figuring people out, but he knows Steve and Kurt will be good to rely on when the poo poo hits the fan.

Aaron Jameson
Steve and Jack seem on the level. The others aren't what they seem. Don't turn your back on Marion. Aaron has trouble getting a read on the others except for Kurt and Cheryl. Kurt seems like he could handle himself when things go bad. Cheryl, on the other hand, she's hiding her true abilities. If things go bad, she'll be the one you want by your side. Also Dre is either an ex-con or a criminal of some sort.

For these impressions, I used empathy and various skills (such as psychology, savoir-faire, etc). These impressions may or may not be correct.

Edit I got AV's guy's name mixed up. I fixed it now.

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 1, 2014

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jacob

The Englishman smirks at the impressive amount of food Cheryl starts shoveling away. From her actions it's like she hasn't eaten in a week. Maybe that's indeed the case, but he doesn't linger on it. He does make a mental note to try out the food here when his stomach next demands it. It all looks quite tasty.

He looks down at his drink as Jack questions his time in the army, swirling the tea that's left in the cup as he replies. "No, I was in the thick of it, you might say. Afghanistan. Iraq. I served with the Royal Anglians. What about you?" His eyes rise to glance at the man. Tough talking and tough looking. It's no surprise to find someone like him applying for this job. Most of the others are no real surprise either, except a named few, but he figures a diverse group often makes for the best team. He'll just have to wait and see if that's true in this case.

"I suppose we'll have plenty of questions to ask our employer when the representative arrives. Personally, I will imagine they want us starting right away. Since they hired us all together, I doubt there is anyone else to cover the shift tonight. After all, there is no better way to get used to it all than jumping right into it."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Marion

She grumbles for a moment and then sips at her tea, "If we do, I'll need a lot more tea." The prospect of going for eight more hours of idleness after six hours of driving wasn't going to make her night for sure, but her eye raises a moment at Jacob and considered for a moment. "You seem kinda of anxious to start yourself, Jacob. Like to strike when the iron is hot?" She asks offhandedly before putting down her tea cup now empty.

Leaning back in her seat, she looked out the window and thought out loud, "I grew up in a small town like this, brings back memories. I always wondered growing up how they managed to survive, when it seems like time has past them by." Stopping her aside, she looks down at the time and digs into her purse for a small pill bottle, and takes out a few pills. Swallowing them quickly, she stows the vitamin bottle back in her purse that seemed designed to travel at the moment.

"Sorry about that, feels like going back in time every moment I am in this town. Lots of deja vu."

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 1, 2014

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jacob

He finishes the last of his tea, seeing Marion do the same. "Anxious? Oh I wouldn't say that. I most certainly would like a full night's rest myself. I am just seeing a fairly positive side to starting right away, if it is to be that way." His notices the pills Marion takes from her bag, but says nothing of it. Vitamins. Maybe. Although, he has no reason to doubt they are anything else. "A positive outlook is best, as my wife has so often taught me."

"I do see what you mean about this place. My hometown was not all that dissimilar to here. It feels somewhat familiar, but I suppose all small towns give that feeling if you're from one. Deja vu, indeed."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Marion

"I grew up in a small town in Ohio personally. My dad was the town doctor, my mother one of the towns teachers. I guess that makes me a little bit of a storybook only without the tornado." She gave a ragged grin and thought of the last time she called them. "There is a lot more forest here, did you all see that on the way up? I was hiking last summer on the Appalachian Trail, not too far but far enough. I wonder if they have any trails through the woods."

Looking down at her now empty tea cup, she takes the water next to it and sips slowly, before look over the others for a moment. Breaking her pause with another thought, "Or there might be a lot of trails, but all of them from the local hunter routes." The aspect of going down a hunting trail wasn't very appealing, though she wasn't sure if it was hunting season or not.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Just so everyone knows, in my last post, the spoilered stuff is to be read by the character's player.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Andre

"If we're starting tonight," Andre swivels on his stool and asks Jake, "Then who worked today's shift? Or last night's? That's what I'm wondering."

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.
Steve

"I've always lived in Detroit, but have often stayed in little bergs like this now and again as part of a case or assignment. Getting used to a small town for 6 months will be a new experience for me, but this seems like a nice enough place." He paused, "I'm used to getting little sleep for a day or two, comes with the territory. Although I think a nice nap would be nice before getting started," He laughed.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

"I hope we don't have to work tonight, I wanna get settled in. Totally good for it if we have to, though." Simon wasn't lying; he'd done much more difficult jobs on even less sleep than now.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Aaron

"Nice to have a couple vets along, anyway. You betcha," says Aaron, but aside from that he seems mostly content to listen for a while. It's Andre's question that really seems to get his full attention again. "That's a good question, you know. I'm hoping that when their rep shows up, we have time for some questions. At least so we know why so many of us are here."

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Jack Plissken

Jack grins and nods at Jacob. " 2nd Infantry Division, 2nd Brigade. Served in fuckin' Afghanistan, spend most of my time either patrolling or dealing with the goat-fuckin' locals."

A closer look at the others doesn't reveal much. Solid folk, mostly okay. Marion stunk of shrink though. Too soft to normally be security, not nerdy enough to be a tech, which only leaves a loving mental watch dog for a high stress job. At least there was another soldier to have his back.

"Workin' tonight wouldn't bother me. Some sleep would be nice, but some money and a chance to get used to the place wouldn't be bad either."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Marion

"From my experience, they most likely won't tell us much on that front. Employment confidentiality and all that, at least if there was an accident at work, or some employee went postal or something." Marion expected the latter, and she had a sad conclusion already. David had disappeared within a very convenient window for the job posting to appear, so unless there was a new facility or they had promoted survivors, there had to be some incident.

The logical conclusion was that David had snapped and caused something bad to happen, at least going by Sarah's description of his state of mind. Marion had another feeling deep in her gut that wasn't as rational, but it was a half memory, another deja vu induced feeling that didn't mean anything. Looking down at her smart phone for a glance at the time, she also noticed another notification on her phone and her expression softened.

"I hope they have like a few stores around at least, going to send a gift to someone and they don't like amazon boxes or anything like that." Drinking her water slowly, she adds carefully, "It might be nice to get away from the city for a while that is true, I wonder when the limit for applying for a higher position comes along though. I guess I am too use to the creature comforts, not like all of you military guys." She gives a smile to Jack and Jacob on that last one.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Andre

Andre hadn't been paying attention to Marion's talk of deja vu and feeling like she'd gone back in time partially because, starving after his drive, he was engrossed in his salad, partially because he didn't have a frame of reference for Small Town, USA, and partially because he didn't engage in that surface level ice breaking unless he had to.

His nightmare customer was the guy who, coming over to buy an eighth of whatever, wanted to sit down on the couch with him while he was watching the end of the Pistons game and talk for thirty five minutes about life, his job, his girl. Andre didn't care. Same when he went to re-up. He didn't feel comfortable sitting in the middle of someone else's business. Just get it and leave.

But something Marion says catches and he repeats it as a question, "From your experience?"

xian fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 2, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Marion

She blinked for a moment, as Andre entered the conversation suddenly and unexpectedly. It hadn't be a question she had expected and for the most part she was curious herself what gave her that impression. In her head she had been thinking of Bob, but Bob was a hospital orderly. That seemed rather messy, to explain a coma, and even more so the similarities, and the experience of dying. That would also open up uncomfortable questions about her friend she was talking about.

"Yes, I've worked with a few big corporations for a few years." She said honestly, granted it was part of her research and the corporations allowed her to do it to assess group structures in high stress environment. "One of the thing that I found the most consistent is that there is the company story, and then the real story. Finding the other is the hard part, and takes a lot of effort on purpose. They also always make it a loyalty issue too, which makes the real story even harder to get." Marion says taking a more academic tone for a moment looking at her water not trying to correct it.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Maars Family Diner

As the group makes small talk, another person enters the restaurant. This new person is a petite blond woman wearing a grey fitted blazer and a matching skirt. Her hair is pulled back into a sleek bun. She wears wire frame glasses and carries a brief case. When she enters the room, she scans the entire restaurant before looking directly at the group assembled. Without saying a word she walks over.

"Hello, my name is Mara Południca. I am the Human Resources Director for Basorus Operations in Maars. I assume you are the new hires. It looks like you are all here."

She puts her brief case on the table and opens it.

"We shall begin in a moment. Are there any questions before I begin your orientation?"

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jacob

"Very nice to find another army man here as well, Jack." He smiles with a nod to the other veteran, even if his language is a bit more gruff than he would prefer. But he'd expect nothing less from an ex-army man, really. As the others talk, he focuses instead on his refill of tea, savoring this one a little more.

He sits in silence until the new arrival enters. This one appears a bit too well put together to be just another employee. The briefcase is also a dead giveaway. "A pleasure to meet you, Miss Południca. Jacob Barnes. I did have one question; are we to start tonight?"

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Aaron

"Everyone and everything has more than one story, not just corporations. I'm sure we all do too. You betcha," notes Aaron dryly with a glance at Marion. He doesn't clarify.

But soon enough their contact arrives. Aaron looks at her with a slight, polite smile, trying to get a sense of how this was going to go. But, really - the best way to do that would be to let her talk and then go from there. "Pleasure to meet you. Aaron Jameson. Oh, I don't know about any questions right now ma'am, aside from his." He points at Jacob. "No sense asking anything too detailed that you might already have prepared to answer, before you have a chance to go over everything you have there, you know? Maybe we just listen and then if we have some questions then we can ask 'em." He looks at the other assembled new hires as if to confirm.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Jack Plissken

Small talk isn't much, but it helps build trust. The shrink lady still put Jack on edge though. The entrance of the suit didn't mean much. Just a suit, probably never even gonna see the lady again unless there's serious trouble. Jacob asks Jack's only question for him, so he was content to sit back and listen.

"No questions here, ma'am."

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Simon wondered if Poludnica would have any information relating to the case. Perhaps if he needed info on employees, past or present? Regardless, Simon didn't have any questions that would be wise to ask, so he piped in, "I got nothin', Ms. Poludnica."

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
Steve

At Marion's explanation of a companies' story vs the truth he nods with understanding, chipping in a, "it can be surprising how far apart those two are sometimes." With a steady but slightly glum tone of realization. He had investigated companies before and found many such gaps. Gaps he was usually paid to correct.

When Mara comes to the table and introduces herself he puts out the cigarette he'd been working on. "Nothing from me," He gives a light smile.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Andre

"Same." He says to Mara, then to Kelly, "Can I get another iced coffee?"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Marion

"A pleasure to meet you Ms. Południca, I only have one question. Did they inform you of my request when I was hired?" Marion said meaning that she would not wear or use a gun unless she requested otherwise, or at at least non lethal options. "I don't mean to be a bother, but I feel rather strongly about it." She says taking another sip of her water and then giving a nod. Marion was ready to begin, orientation sounded much better than a first night of work.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Cheryl

Cheryl rises to attention as soon as she sees the well-dressed woman with the briefcase enter the diner, leaving behind a plate of fries (though fewer than there were when they first arrived) and a half-eaten slice of apple pie. "No Ma'am, no questions. I only need to know what you think I need to know."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Maars Town Diner

"You are to start the job tomorrow night. Tonight I will be having you fill out paperwork and give you keys to the apartments we have have ready for you all." She looks over to Marion.

"Ms. Tipplepot, we are aware of your request. Your exemption was granted." The woman then looks to the others again.

"Welcome to the Basorus company. We at Basorus hope your employment is long and productive. Your position here is night time security. The group of you will maintain the security of our warehouse building just outside of town. The reason for hiring a large team and for them to be armed is due to Basorus standard operating procedure. It is also Basorus procedure to hire an entire team for security at the same time. You will not be alone while working though, you will have a supervisor watching over you. This supervisor is an experienced security person and they will be in charge of night time operations.

Now before I go any further, I will need each of you to fill in the paperwork." She reaches into her brief case and pulls out a stack of papers. The stack is composed of stapled packets. She hands out a packet to each person at the table.

"These are your W-4s, Non-disclosure agreements, Code of Conduct, Arbitration agreement, criminal and financial background check, and other necessary paperwork."

The packet in question is at least twenty pages if not thirty.

"After you are done filling in the forms, we can continue."

Kelly comes out. Poludnica looks at her sternly.

"I'll have my usual." She tells the waitress. The waitress then finishes up and heads back to the kitchen.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Marion

"Oh thank you so much, also as an aside because it will be on the forms. It is going to be Dr. Tipplepot. I am not a stickler for honorifics, but it will be on all these forms and I figured it might cause you a headache later." She said trying to be helpful. Marion didn't care for the titles nor all the prestige since hers wasn't a medical one and it seemed odd to have it in the first place, but it was that nagging need to correct that got the better of her.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Simon had to fight back a smirk while looking at his paperwork. He would check out just fine on any background check; the Service had seen to that. Non-disclosure agreements ultimately didn't apply to him because he was taking part in a legal investigation. Still, Simon did his best to look over all the paperwork before he signed it. No sense in getting into trouble with Basorus until the investigation was over.

Simon doesn't have the administration skill, so he defaults to IQ-5, which is 7.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Maars Town Diner

"We are aware of your schooling, Ms. Tipplepot. As far as I'm concerned a P.h.D. does not make one a doctor. When you have gone through medical school, then I will call you a doctor."

Kurt finds nothing amiss in the forms. They all were standard for a large corporation that dealt with Government contracts. The forms didn't say what Basorus did for the Federal government, but it mentioned that employees might have to apply for security clearances through the Department of Defense.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Simon got to work signing the forms. Getting security clearance would be easy. After all, he already had Top Secret clearance from his actual job. One call to Jack could probably get clearance for his assumed name pretty quickly. He did find it strange that it was required though; perhaps it was to help cover up shady stuff? Basorus DID have friends in high places.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Cheryl

Cheryl is no stranger to paperwork, and re-takes her seat to go through the stack of forms with remarkable alacrity. She signs everything without hesitation, but still makes sure to read exactly what is expected of her.

Administration 12, I suppose, to know exactly what is expected of her.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Marion

"That is certainly a way to look at it." She says in a cold tone toward Mara, shuffling her papers with a fake smile on her face, she looks over the documents carefully, reading it. She seemed to be rather intent on doing so, more so than Marion would care to admit. She remembered a good friend telling her that she should have read the contract. Marion was use to reading documents and researching, but not the bureaucratic legalese that she was presented with.

Though she wasn't sure what she was looking for, she seemed to be searching for something in the documents. Memories swirled and Marion was not one to forget, what bugged her is that she seemed to half remember. She didn't have a photographic memory, but it was rather good. This was like a false memory, a dream that was just out of reach. She could remember remembering it, but not exactly what it was.

Rubbing her forehead, she furrowed her brow and studied the documents trying to break their secret.

Using the default of Administration (now that I think about it, she should have Administration(academic) but alas, hindsight) 13-5 = 8 to roll

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
Steve

She sure seemed to be dour and all business. That struck him as odd for a small town person. Usually these types of folks try to give off the impression of hospitality. Then again, maybe that's just a stereo type. Steve picked up the forms and studied them trying to fill them in as best he can.

i'll use the default administration check. I'm posting from my phone as I'm out of town so don't have the GURPS books with me. I'll edit this when I'm at my hotel and can look it up

Edit: Administration is IQ - 5, so 7 for me.

Razage fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jul 4, 2014

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Aaron

"Oh." Aaron frowns slightly at the stack of forms in front of him. He takes a moment to try to check them out for anything that seems overly fishy - and he makes a point to eye Ms. Południca once or twice as well. After all, he certainly new the small-town, Upper Midwest type by heart; and he also had a sense of the sort of suit that would try to pull a fast one on all of the new hires, too.

Administration from default, which is 8. Also, Savoir-Faire/Corporate 13 if it gives some hint either with the forms or with figuring out anything about our esteemed HR personage.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jacob

"Ah, so we do gain a night to relax and recover from the journey. That is good to hear." A shame he wouldn't get a look at their place of work tonight, but he decides there's no real rush. And, to be honest, the idea of a good night's sleep is something he's looking far more forward to.

"A doctor?" he says with a hint of surprise at Marion's given title. "But not in the traditional sense? So you are a psychiatrist, perhaps?" On closer inspection, she does give off that feeling. Perhaps it is her friendly nature.

He has to let out a short chuckle at the sheer size of the paperwork when it's presented to them. Just how did Mara cram them all into her briefcase? As the documents get passed around, he looks at the others before shrugging and reading through what he can make sense of. Hopefully anything too crazy will jump out at him before he signs.

Administration from default too. Which will be 7.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Jack Plissken

A suit giving paperwork. Go figure. Had to deal with the same bullshit in the Army too, only the paperwork was that much more pedantic, anal, and annoying. Like an officer who's never seen anything but a ceremonial position, entirely useless, mostly pointless, and a royal bitch to do. And of course, you can't swear around suits. gently caress.

Nonetheless, Jack gets to work. The mention of security clearance is worrying. Could you get security clearance with a Section 8? Did that count against it, or was that mostly inconsequential? He keeps an eye out for anything particularly fishy, anything above and beyond the normal security gig bullshit.

Marion's credentials raise and eye. Jack had called it. A loving shrink. "So, you don't carry a gun for armed security, you've got a PhD, and you're still workin' security. Gonna be the mental watchdog? Or you got some other, more useful specialization?"

Woo defaulting on Administration to 5, so that I might see anything seriously fishy or strange. Because as much as bullshit paperwork is a military thing, I don't think Soldier can cover this.

MohawkSatan fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jul 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Marion

"If I was a psychiatrist, Mara would call me a doctor. No, a Psychologist. Yes, though it has only been a year and more since I graduated, so not a huge deal." She gives a wary smile, realizing that her defensive nature had pretty unraveled all of that intent on good will. Oh well, they would have found out eventually, and at least now she was being upfront about it. Jack's defensive nature toward her was curious, but she wasn't surprised by the hostility. Some people had a perceptions of mental health professionals, and she wasn't going to sway him by words at least.

"More to the point," She says to Jack slowly, "I asked the company specifically if I could not carry a gun. They felt at least on some level, the rest of my qualifications were strong enough to be hired. I am not here to be a watchdog, or be intrusive." Marion gives a small smile toward Jack and brushes a hair back that managed to free itself from her hair style. She might have added that she hadn't been asked to be a watchdog, yet, but then again they had just started orientation.

Marion was doubtful that Jack would feel as hostile of her real reasons to be here, but she was unsure, after all, she was going after someone possibly mentally ill.

• Locked thread