Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

I move to add this noble in to the group:

Also lol getting inspected by the MED IG and Joint Commission, too loving hilarious watching everyone run around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

My RDCs would get pissy at us and our brother division because we'd workout when they weren't around. Chief walked in while we were taking turns holding the racks like benches, so he'd beat us and then laugh because it's what we wanted. Eventually they brought in other RDCs to beat us but they'd get bored so eventually our punishment became staring at the walls and pillars in complete silence. My buddy Zach would stand up during chow and steal the peanut butter off of the tables of other divisions and our Chiefs would laugh their asses off because the other recruits would be confused as hell as to what was going on. Kinda miss it.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Sir Lucius posted:

I get my uniform allowance in july so naturally i just spent all of it on illegal fireworks.

That's the true American thing to do.

Meanwhile at this base all fireworks are secured as per base CO. :smith:

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Received the Navy COOL-paid test for my NEC civilian equivalent cert and holy poo poo, I thought it would likely be worthless but drat this isn't even going to be worth wiping my rear end hahahaha. I'm practically writing the prompt the essay questions.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Saw what could be true sadness and disappointment from a third class. Since they're closing down portions of the hospital, emergency care services are going out to the town 10 minutes away. Poor sap shows up asking if there's a doctor. I tell him no and he looks around, bewildered, and says "This is a hospital isn't it?" "Actually, no, we are no longer a hospital." He stared at me like a zombie, as I wrote down the number to a nursing hotline and directions to the hospital one town over and he just says "I re-enlisted for this poo poo?"

Made my night.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Sir Lucius posted:

I feel like being in the Navy is just a job. I also feel like any extra hours spent outside of work with my co-workers is just potential to get in trouble for something. I can't wait to fill out the command climate survey and talk about how much I don't care about my shipmates.

It is just a job, except your bosses can go to your apartment, look through your things, tell you to work overtime with little to no incentive, and then, instead of firing you, they wreck any chance of a career or gains from using one of the few incentives you get for being in (GI bill) by having you disqualified with a discharge of some sort whether you did/didn't do something. They can also bend the law to mean whatever the hell they want it to mean in order to bully you into whatever it is they interpret something as. Hell, a CO has the power to look at all the evidence in the world, dismiss it if they want, take away your rank so you get caught up in high-year tenure, get the Chiefs to lose your paperwork when you're trying to get reinstated as a first class, and laugh all the way to your forced separation because you "didn't submit" everything on time.

Honor. Courage. Commitment. (To doing everything to loving someone over, hooyah) :chiefsay:

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

SpaceJustice posted:

What about the safety of the Navy Nuke program?

It's being threatened by salty veterans telling people to not go Nuke.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

The dude in charge of starboard watches in boot camp was a sonar sub dude and he looks happy as can be. I think he's a second class now up for first or some poo poo.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

At least if he makes it a career and anyone asks him why he smells like poo poo he can say that the Navy's hosed him so many times he can't hold in his own poo poo.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

PneumonicBook posted:

This is pretty much better than any Navy talk could possibly be.

Also, fair warning to anyone thinking of going to Great Lakes for shore duty (lol like people loving pick coming to this shithole): CSCSU got a new CO and he's pretty garbage, instructors aren't allowed to bring any personal electronic devices in any 'training' area (so the entire school house) and if at any time we need to leave the classroom the entire class must log out of their computers and go out in the hallway.

Why you ask?

Because a student was found sleeping in a class without an instructor.

Please someone help I can't kneejerk any further.

Wow what a shitbag, can't even stealth nap like you're supposed to learn in boot camp. loving boots these days. Back in my Navy we wouldn't let this rabble happen :chiefsay:

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Poopkitty you're an HMC? That's pretty cool.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

dialhforhero posted:

Hey guys just poppin' in here to say I'm still out of the Navy and have a job and have never been happier and never not not re-enlist. Also: I was never a malingerer, when I got out I reported all medical issues (as instructed), didn't embellish my problems, was totally honest, didn't try to take advantage of the system, etc.

I never expected to get ANYTHING from the VA except a few 0% ratings.

All I have to say is: holy poo poo make sure you do your VA claims when/before you separate because you may be VERY surprised and happy with what/how much they compensate you for. I don't need to go into specifics for me, but I cannot stress this enough.

I.E. Do you have back pain? GO THE gently caress TO MEDICAL AND LET THEM KNOW!

There was a chick that found out she had Lupus just because she kept going to medical even after the idiot on the ship would just give her Motrin and tell her to go away, he never logged that she came in either and it wasn't until the flight surgeon noticed what was going on and asked that she got care when she needed. So yeah, go the gently caress to medical.

Also, doing OJT at the pharmacy since my HM3 is a super motivated petty officer that wants to do good for his guys in any way he thinks he can without voluntelling us to do things. I've learned that the pharmacy here doesn't just have Motrin. The number of dependents trying to milk the government for opiates and poo poo is hilarious though. "Oh no, I never got that script" they say as it shows in the system that they picked it up yesterday and you remember giving it to them.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

bengy81 posted:

Huh, first time I have ever seen anybody bitch about getting a C-school, figures it would be a corpsman.

We don't quite get our C-schools out of choice, and if you had any plans about getting deployed with a Marine Division to get to do some trauma medicine it's all going out the window unless you're going to a surgical unit, then that can be interesting. Also if you had plans on making Chief, a C-school usually shits that plan all up unless they're a Recon corpsman or some other high speed NEC. Most NECs chillax at hospitals for the entire enlistment though, unless you get lucky and get picked to go on RIMPAC or something.

Largely we bitch because it's loving gay that we get sent to schools we don't want to go to, yet there's people picking orders with us that want to go there but the instructors won't let them grab it/switch, even if they're graduating just a few weeks apart.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

I don't know, some of them actually do stuff. The one at the hospital I'm at tries his hardest to use the confidentiality of his position to actually change policies and help out the lower enlisted in getting a voice without the Chiefs muffling it. They can shut up an E-3, but good luck with an O-4. He's also the most proactive in setting up stuff to maintain morale, help out sailors/marines that don't want to see Mental Health but are in need of a helping hand, and whenever something seems hosed up, tries to make the best move possible to help out whoever is getting hosed over.

There are a lot of lovely ones though. The guy before this one was completely useless and couldn't put his own twisted outlook on the world to the side in order to help people, often doing more bad than good. His wife was also a total dependacunt and I feel sorry for their child.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Yeah, they forced us into a week long class with a retired Chief that told us how he would swindle the car dealerships pretending to be a senile old man until he pulled out a calculator on them when negotiating a price came down.

Still can't believe dudes pay 600+ a month. I think my LPO fell for that. And here I am spending my hard earned money on protein and week long cruises/deep sea fishing.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

DustyNuts posted:

Power is out at NAS Oceana. ROPEYARN WEDNESDAY :rock:

You get to knit when the power goes out?

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

PneumonicBook posted:

More micromanagement at the shitstain that is fc/et/bm/qm/gm/ic a school. Students must be in class for fifty minutes, then have a ten minute break, no exceptions.

This introduces a few problems which I mean if I can see I'd hope the chain of 'command' could see, most notably that the entire loving schoolhouse will be in break at the same time. Good luck getting coffee in ten minutes with a line of 400 people.

Why not just have it to where you have to give the class a 10 minute break at any point when they need it, limiting it to an hour in between breaks so you're not crowding up the head and everything else?

From what friends have told me those schools just sound like material is boring, and didn't they do away with QMs as a rating?

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

krispykremessuck posted:

doesn't everyone use one of those gay little vaporizers now? idk i'm waiting for the first dipshit enlisted person (not necessarily a sailor) to chug a bottle of that fluid on a dare and die and then dod outlaws vaporizers

It's banned from being used in hospital parking too iirc.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Realktalk, my pog rear end only got it to eventually smoke weed through my vape. lol at the dudes spending 400 on one. I got a 200 dollar one for 40.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Caffeine? Bunch of loving amateurs, take some pointers from the dependas that show up for ADD meds because they're unable to "study" without them and feel like they can achieve so much more with them. poo poo's pretty much legalized meth, it's amazing.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Why don't they ever wash their cups? Seems to be a constant thing wherever I go, whether in training or at various hospitals. loving nasty.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

My favorite people are the ones that show up hating the Navy because they have a degree and the recruiter lied to them about getting a package at boot camp and now they're stuck working on jets when they could be a nurse or w/e. Pure magic. Please do enlist that way I can go to sleep at night counting down my 584 days left in laughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Christoff posted:

Haha holy poo poo one of my co-workers had liquor in his room (not supposed to, everyone does, no one cares, he apparently didn't know) and there was a health and comfort. He lost his orders to Naples, got NJP'd, got extended here, and is now needs of the Navy lol

Welp that's my story

We had a guy on deployment from Rota, Spain that only chose those orders for the COLA and had never left the base :argh:

drat, lmao. My LPO went everywhere while he was in Naples, even got a hard on for Scotland and Scottish culture rhat he has a formal kilt he wears whenever we go out to celebrate poo poo.

• Locked thread