Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

One of my friends says ALTtP is way harder but I was like 'nah dude'. He didn't believe me though.

Took me a long time to beat Zelda II and it was mechanically challenging alongside being a huge dick to me too. Plus the fact that you can use keys from one palace in another palace and now you don't have enough keys to advance in one of them. Weird time for the Zelda series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Zelda 2 is very obviously harder than A Link To The Past, which is a very easy game.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

conceitedguy posted:

Zelda 2 is very obviously harder than A Link To The Past, which is a very easy game.

op here. thanks for agreeing with me. My friend doesn't understand his own casualness sometimes

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!
yeah your friend is dumb, adventure of link is obviously harder

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

the only hard part of alttp is a part that won't kill you anyway

gently caress you ice palace and your loving blocks

and gently caress you GBA version for making the ice palace not suck but being inferior to the snes version in every other way

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Zelda 2 for real real

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

deadwing posted:

the only hard part of alttp is a part that won't kill you anyway

gently caress you ice palace and your loving blocks

and gently caress you GBA version for making the ice palace not suck but being inferior to the snes version in every other way

Just do it out of order

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

I actually did the 8th dungeon in Link's Awakening before the 7th because the 7th was loving gay

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Zelda 2 is the hardest game in the series by far, the original LoZ starts getting real as gently caress around dungeon 6 and is at least as hard as Zelda 2 in the second quest but I dont count it because you can get 2/3 of the way through the game without anxiety meds

Soral
May 30, 2009

adventure of link had a pussy rear end boss tho you could just crouch and stab his knees lol

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Soral posted:

adventure of link had a pussy rear end boss tho you could just crouch and stab his knees lol

yeah like one boss, but the last boss strikes you with lightning and takes away a third of your health and magicka

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

which part of the ice palace confuses everybody cause i always beat that poo poo no prob. but then again i'm a zelda pro

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ive beaten link to the past many times, yet to actually complete zelda II, which ive owned since birth

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
lttp is really pretty easy. i beat it as a kid, and can do large portions of it with 2x speed on an emulator now. not sure how hard zelda 2 is, though it's pretty infamous. I beat the first quest of the original zelda and that was way harder than lttp.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lttp is the easiest zelda

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Confession time I never beat the original zelda bc I couldn't figure out how to get to the 7th dungeon

Then as an adult I just never bothered to play it again

I'm horrible

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Flynn Taggart posted:

Confession time I never beat the original zelda bc I couldn't figure out how to get to the 7th dungeon

Then as an adult I just never bothered to play it again

I'm horrible

It was the best one in the series. This is not a joke. Play it again.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
confession i never played a zelda game. i got the legend of zelda for the nes on my 10th birthday and was so excited to play it but i got the US version and i lived in UK and since then I've never been able to touch a zelda game.

tho everyone knows Zelda2 is loving tough as kangaroo balls so your friend is a dummy

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

quakster posted:

lttp is the easiest zelda

Have you played lbw

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mabels big day posted:

Have you played lbw
ah true a new one came out

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oil Can Boyd posted:

ive beaten link to the past many times, yet to actually complete zelda II, which ive owned since birth

your godfather is nerd

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is Adventure of Link still the last game in the canon? This is important.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I never played lttp because i picked the wrong console. I'll probably try it on zsnes sometime, eventually.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

my new dog posted:

your godfather is nerd

how did you know i got it from my godfather lol thats hosed

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I had died over 300 times before beating Link to the past. I told the Game Center cx kacho guy this as he was signing my cartridge and he laughed

Zelda 2 is bullshit and that's all it is

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
confession: only LoZ game i ever owned was LADX and i never beat it

and the only other one i've ever played more than 5 minutes of was the Minish Cap and i got stuck when the castle goes all evil (idk how far that is but i had been playing for a while)

i'm poo poo at loz

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mash posted:

confession: only LoZ game i ever owned was LADX and i never beat it

and the only other one i've ever played more than 5 minutes of was the Minish Cap and i got stuck when the castle goes all evil (idk how far that is but i had been playing for a while)

i'm poo poo at loz

:frogout: haha but seriously what the gently caress dude drat

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Video Viddy Games posted:

confession i never played a zelda game. i got the legend of zelda for the nes on my 10th birthday and was so excited to play it but i got the US version and i lived in UK and since then I've never been able to touch a zelda game.

tho everyone knows Zelda2 is loving tough as kangaroo balls so your friend is a dummy

at least someone tried to get you a zelda game at some point, but still this is like a post from a space alien.

Dec 26, 2012

how have you all never played a zelda in 2014 what hte hell

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
You are almost certainly not playing anything better than those early Zelda games, get to it

Dec 26, 2012

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

You are almost certainly not playing anything better than those early Zelda games, get to it

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Oil Can Boyd posted:

:frogout: haha but seriously what the gently caress dude drat

ok i guess i was kind of exaggerating with my lack of loz experience. i've played most of them for at least a few hours, but i'm just not a huge nintendo or zelda fan so i eventually lost interest.

:shrug:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

the best zelda is darksiders one

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mr. Pumroy posted:

at least someone tried to get you a zelda game at some point, but still this is like a post from a space alien.

basically i owned a NES. and in the 80s/early 90s games were dumb expensive so i only got a few. (SMB3, SMB2, SMB1 my most played games and I even made a shitton of maps for my own SMB4 as a kid. i found them recently and they are ridiculous as gently caress)

never owned a SNES, never owned an n64, never owned a gamecube, never owned a wii, never owned a ds, 3ds, gameboy, gameboyadvance.

yeh p. shameful. primarily a pc gamer. but i got some emulators so which Zelda should I start with?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
You might as well start with a link to the past.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
play 1, 2 and lttp in any order you want, maybe majora's mask & the gameboy games if you feel like playing more

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Video Viddy Games posted:

basically i owned a NES. and in the 80s/early 90s games were dumb expensive so i only got a few. (SMB3, SMB2, SMB1 my most played games and I even made a shitton of maps for my own SMB4 as a kid. i found them recently and they are ridiculous as gently caress)

never owned a SNES, never owned an n64, never owned a gamecube, never owned a wii, never owned a ds, 3ds, gameboy, gameboyadvance.

yeh p. shameful. primarily a pc gamer. but i got some emulators so which Zelda should I start with?
Get Mario maker when it comes out and make your smb4 a reality

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

wind waker is a really good zelda game. you owe it to yourself to play that, at least

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
sounds like your friend is a *snickers* NON-Gamer, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

mabels big day posted:

Get Mario maker when it comes out and make your smb4 a reality

i legit am not sure the world could handle my garish purple nightmare.
it serves as a reminder of a simpler time.

• Locked thread