Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

MrSargent posted:

Didn't Alex Tumay (Thug's engineer) tweet out something a bit ago saying an album was coming? I want one real bad too.

In a deleted tweet(????) he said it’s gonna be Thugger’s DS2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Who’s worth following on Twitter for hip hop? Left the scene around the time Thugga released Barter 6 but starting to get back into things. Would appreciate a quick best of since 2014/5 too; had a quick scan thru’ the thread since mid 2017 but prior to that is a blank spot. Anyone fun coming to Aus soon?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Vince Staples has an A+ twitter account and his albums are great too

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Loved Hell Can Wait and that GTA track so I’ll check out that Big Fish tape. Any stand out tracks or is it worth sitting thru’ the whole thing?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
It's a short album, it's worth listening to the while thing. Summertime 06 too.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Norfside Long Beach NORFSIDE LONG BEACH

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

HorseRenoir posted:

It's a short album, it's worth listening to the while thing. Summertime 06 too.

Summertime 06 is a loving masterpiece

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

You guys didn’t hear that tekashi69 and young thug are doing a tape lol????

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A sex tape maybe

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

andelazo posted:

Who’s worth following on Twitter for hip hop? Left the scene around the time Thugga released Barter 6 but starting to get back into things. Would appreciate a quick best of since 2014/5 too; had a quick scan thru’ the thread since mid 2017 but prior to that is a blank spot. Anyone fun coming to Aus soon?

I’m seeing Young Thug and Future in Sydney next weekend. They’re doing a Brisbane show too and I think Thugger is playing Melbourne mid week

Wayne is coming in March

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Quantum of Phallus posted:

A sex tape maybe

:lol:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1wgpQ6J5Yw

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/964722489296408576

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

HorseRenoir posted:

Vince Staples has an A+ twitter account and his albums are great too

+ Good to see in person

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

God drat this owns. I liked the beat on Rubbin off the Paint but this is just way better in every way.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH

Housh posted:

Hope Young Thug drops an album soon.

Same, Housh

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Almost as if on cue...

https://twitter.com/youngthug/status/965061631473606656

temple
Jul 29, 2006

thug if you reading this i luv u

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
anyone else besides tekashi rocking pink in their hair and claiming blood because yg's going in on suu whoop lol

temple
Jul 29, 2006

nicki?

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Help my relatively noob rear end hear trash pop rap, so to speak.

My hip hop exposure is spotty at best and I'm really lacking experience in very recent rap trends. The kind of stuff that makes old school fans and "serious" rap fans pop a vein due out of angry superiority. Stuff I hear during drunken adventures that almost makes me decide to finally replace all my blood with cheap party liquor. Glamour-thug image type poo poo. Lil Uzi Vert, Young Thug, Fetty Wap, etc.

What are some good primers and essentials?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Foppish Yet Dashing posted:

Help my relatively noob rear end hear trash pop rap, so to speak.

My hip hop exposure is spotty at best and I'm really lacking experience in very recent rap trends. The kind of stuff that makes old school fans and "serious" rap fans pop a vein due out of angry superiority. Stuff I hear during drunken adventures that almost makes me decide to finally replace all my blood with cheap party liquor. Glamour-thug image type poo poo. Lil Uzi Vert, Young Thug, Fetty Wap, etc.

tekashi 6ix9ine
lil pump / xan / there's tonnes of lils
trippie redd
playboi carti
famous dex

migos pisses off the older generation too but they're in a different league to the above.

or just google 'soundcloud rappers'. i really like the grassroots thing that's taking hold in the really young demographic. i don't necessarily listen to a lot of it, but i respect it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

None they literally all suck

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The kind of stuff that makes old school fans and "serious" rap fans pop a vein due out of angry superiority.

lol yep you are definitely after 'soundcloud rappers'

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Wrong stupid rear end fucc

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Marching Powder posted:

lil pump / xan / there's tonnes of lils

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UddCTvioEnw

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1zGqRXZlnY
This is unironically the best rap song I've heard this year

Marching Powder posted:

just google 'soundcloud rappers'. i really like the grassroots thing that's taking hold in the really young demographic. i don't necessarily listen to a lot of it, but i respect it

Don't do this unless you're the kind of person who likes browsing youtube comments.
e: should be clear, I don't mean reading comments on soundcloud, I mean soundcloud rap is the auditory equivalent of a youtube comment

Moatman fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 19, 2018

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

get this: lil pump is good idiots

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Moatman posted:

This is unironically the best rap song I've heard this year
have you heard of lil dicky?

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Tolkien minority posted:

get this: lil pump is good idiots

no

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbfK7dei7ec

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ N HER PUSSY TASTE LIKE SKITTLES, WHA?? ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I AM BRAWW posted:

See for example this song isn't half bad. I can listen to it, go with the flow, and not want to kill myself. He's not really talking about poo poo but the beats good and he has rhythm. But imagine listening to this type of song over. And over. And over. And over. That's the downfall of these new kids. Their poo poo is samey and gets old. It has no staying power.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

I AM BRAWW posted:

:thunk:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Lil xan sucks and no one cares about him

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

People just need to make peace with getting older. I realized recently that the soundcloud type poo poo is where I tap out. I still like rap, I'm just not always going to like what 22 year olds like. I'm 36 years old, so that's probably how it's supposed to be. When we were kids, 36 year olds probably thought what we listened to sucked poo poo.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm 28 not 36 and most people who like that type of poo poo is younger than me. It's high school kids that keep these rappers having any revelance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hip hop moves so fast it's crazy. I teach a music course during the summer for teenagers and the two dudes into hip hop were really into Yachty and Uzi Vert and I guarantee you when I go back this year there'll be people who love Lil Pump and whatever poo poo is on soundcloud.
Like I think it's great that the music keeps getting newer and more disposable. It keeps things fresh and even though 99% of it is trash, you get to hear new things and the great musicians like Kendrick, Danny Brown, Vince Staples etc won't just disappear because they're actually talented.