Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
I'm not sure if anyone still cares about Saigon, I didn't realise he was still a thing, but the GSNT3 leaked and it's pretty decent. It has a few tracks produced by Premier which sound kinda cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Young Thug is actually really drat good, what else should I check out by him? And Rich Homie Quan too.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Gangsta Gibbs kills it on his feature on that new Game album, holy poo poo.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Where should I start with SpaceGhostPurrp?

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Yeah, it's out there. It's really good too.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
T.I.'s Paperwork is out there if anybody is interested.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
I'm not sure I saw this track posted in here but drat Joey Bada$$ is owning hard lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRfQGXFRr30

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
I know it's a bit old now but Vic Mensa's Wimmie Nah is insanely good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wK5F-m1WNU

So is the new IamSu track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNDOyBd8Xic

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
K.R.I.T.'s album is real nice.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
New Wu album is great, gently caress the haters.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
36 Seasons and PRhyme are both streaming via NPR. 36 Seasons is great so far but I haven't had a chance to listen to PRhyme. Dat tracklist tho

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you

Squirtle posted:

I took the other approach. It's good so far but not entirely what I was expecting. I've never heard a lot of Royce though so this is going to be a first. So far my impression is that he's talented, but not overly interesting tbh.

Nah, Royce is plenty interesting, Death Is Certain, Street Hop and Success Is Certain are all great albums in their own right, he's got some excellent tracks.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
The new Rick Ross is really bad, I would not recommend it

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you

goodog posted:

So Nas is coming to my city to perform The Illmatic in full. Every instinct is telling me that it's a cynical way to gouge big money off backpackers and the entry-level crowd, but what are the odds that this is actually worth paying $100 for?

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/nas-...01&minorcatid=3

I'm actually going to this show, there's your reason to go!

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
36 Seasons is great

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
The Pinkprint is seriously the worst

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Luda EP is AOTY

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
B4.Da.$$ is out there and I'm pleasantly surprised by it. It's got a real boom bap, ATCQ early 90s feel.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
I'm pleasantly surprised that it's a good album, not that it's a throwback

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
All this talk about Nas being a bad performer live. It's funny, I went to his Brisbane show last night and it was pretty drat great. No hypeman, just Nas performing Illmatic and a few of his other most well-known songs. He rapped most of it without a hitch so maybe he's been working on his live performance.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
I know it's a while ago now but I was really impressed with Trae's verse on Chopper. What's going on with Trae? I've barely heard anything from him since he signed to Grand Hustle, bar a couple of guest verses here and there.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
The new G-Unit EP, The Beast is G-Unit, is fire. Really impressed with it.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
I know I'm a bit late but just heard Summer Sixteen and man, Drake isn't loving around. That's a serious track right there.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The Life of Pablo

And it doesn't have No More Parties in LA

lmaoooooooo

Kanye has been hanging around Pusha T way too much

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you

Man what happened to DJ Toomp?

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you

I AM BRAWW posted:

What other tracks are similar to Watch The Throne (more specifically Gotta Have It) where two rappers just play hot potato with their lines during their bars, not going verse for verse like usual features?

The 4th verse of How We Do by the Game and 50 Cent is particularly good for this, 50's rhyme scheme at the end is nuts

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Slime Season 3 is amazing. Also it completely flew under the radar for me but MigoThuggin' apparently came out on the 18th and it's really good as well.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
That makes sense, I was wondering why Young Thug was hardly on it.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
That Trust the Shooter mixtape is absolute flames. I haven't heard Royce rap like this in a long time. Big fan.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybMEINc5KRw

Fire.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Where should I start with Gucci Mane?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustafa