Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Mirror frames are expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Gone already

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Have to share this one,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljm9wBFiWEE

The 2 pounds on cheese shoved into the turkey isn't the worst part, I wont spoil the secret ingredient. My favorite part is when they put salt and pepper on the potatoes, there is no reason to add more seasoning on top of everything else.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Have to share this one,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljm9wBFiWEE

The 2 pounds on cheese shoved into the turkey isn't the worst part, I wont spoil the secret ingredient. My favorite part is when they put salt and pepper on the potatoes, there is no reason to add more seasoning on top of everything else.

I posted about this in the AFP thread but I am obsessed with the editing of these videos where they show the same thing being done two or three times in a row like some weird visual echo. It's got to be a mind control technique or something, I just can't understand why else it would be such a prominent part of every one of these insane food videos.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

cyberia posted:

I posted about this in the AFP thread but I am obsessed with the editing of these videos where they show the same thing being done two or three times in a row like some weird visual echo. It's got to be a mind control technique or something, I just can't understand why else it would be such a prominent part of every one of these insane food videos.

It's basically the equivalent of Zach's voice over through this sketch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIAmk472UbY

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Inceltown posted:

Gone already

It was this bizzaro "mirror frame" made by spraying expanding foam around the edge

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Car wash membership includes free vacuuming and cleaning products. There's no rule that says you're not allowed to Tire Shine your Crocs.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

GWBBQ posted:

Car wash membership includes free vacuuming and cleaning products. There's no rule that says you're not allowed to Tire Shine your Crocs.

Are they comfortable?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

GWBBQ posted:

Crocs would also be incredible car washing shoes.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i've never shined my tires so I don't know what this stuff actually does but hypothetically could someone tire shine leather pants? google doesn't seem to be spitting out answers in either direction

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Wasabi the J posted:

Crocs would also be incredible car washing shoes.

That's pretty much what they're originally made for, more or less; non-slip footwear that's fully covering, easy to clean, and easy to put on and off.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Are crocs supposed to gently caress with your toes? Because whenever I wear mine keep jabbing my toes against the croc and it's just super uncomfortable for anything other than taking out the trash.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

blatman posted:

i've never shined my tires so I don't know what this stuff actually does but hypothetically could someone tire shine leather pants? google doesn't seem to be spitting out answers in either direction

Probably wouldn’t want to use tire shine on leather pants, as leather is not rubber. I think Armorall makes a leather seat wipe. So you might be able to get away with using those on your pants.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Obenauf's Leather Oil is what you want for leather pants. It seems kind of expensive, but one bottle will last a really long time and it won't make the leather all weird and floppy like some products do.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

doverhog posted:

Are crocs supposed to gently caress with your toes? Because whenever I wear mine keep jabbing my toes against the croc and it's just super uncomfortable for anything other than taking out the trash.

Are they a size too small?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

doverhog posted:

That just sounds like they don't fit you right. Most crocs and knockoffs have plenty of toe room.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Inceltown posted:

How to cook that has a new debunking video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3st8RSq4bq8

Probably my favourite one in this is the skittles coloured popcorn. Even if for some reason the technique did work you wouldn't get individually coloured popcorn, just some poo poo coloured mess.

I let WITCHCRAFT JR watch those "wow amazing crafts! cool cooking tricks!" videos with the caveat that I watch them alongside, and I get to explain how/why they are fake. Then we decide on a real, actually possible do-at-home craft or experiment that is almost as cool, except it is actually physically possible! It sounds like a bore for the kid, but he cracks up laughing when I explain how you end up with a pile of poo colored mush or your stove catches on fire and you need to call 911 instead of getting unicorn cake. Or you poison yourself, like when Steve in Minecraft drinks a bad potion.

We end up watching quite a few "lifehacks/tasty videos explained/debunked" type things on youtube as a result, but How To Cook That is the best out there. Each video covers so many fake "wow, cool do it at home!" projects, and you get to see what actually happens if you try to follow the recipe. It's always awful, and WITCHCRAFT JR looks forward to seeing her husband take a bite and go "why did you make this? it's terrible, like eating glue" etc.

I feel bad for unsupervised kids that ruin the week's groceries or have to go to the doctor (and also get in trouble) because someone on youtube lied to them. That's real hosed up. I'm glad that I have enough free time between work and sleep to actively monitor my kid's youtube intake. Some parents don't.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I let WITCHCRAFT JR watch those "wow amazing crafts! cool cooking tricks!" videos with the caveat that I watch them alongside, and I get to explain how/why they are fake. Then we decide on a real, actually possible do-at-home craft or experiment that is almost as cool, except it is actually physically possible! It sounds like a bore for the kid, but he cracks up laughing when I explain how you end up with a pile of poo colored mush or your stove catches on fire and you need to call 911 instead of getting unicorn cake. Or you poison yourself, like when Steve in Minecraft drinks a bad potion.

We end up watching quite a few "lifehacks/tasty videos explained/debunked" type things on youtube as a result, but How To Cook That is the best out there. Each video covers so many fake "wow, cool do it at home!" projects, and you get to see what actually happens if you try to follow the recipe. It's always awful, and WITCHCRAFT JR looks forward to seeing her husband take a bite and go "why did you make this? it's terrible, like eating glue" etc.

I feel bad for unsupervised kids that ruin the week's groceries or have to go to the doctor (and also get in trouble) because someone on youtube lied to them. That's real hosed up. I'm glad that I have enough free time between work and sleep to actively monitor my kid's youtube intake. Some parents don't.

Yeah she explained how she hates those videos because some kid might try the "recipes" and since the result will always be terrible that kid might be discouraged from cooking/baking because the think they're just bad at it. And cooking/baking with your kid is such a great thing. Theres always easy stuff even small kids can do and in the end you get a delicious cake that they helped to make and they are proud as hell!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

You're good people doing that with your kid, it seems like a great bonding experience.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shai-Hulud posted:

Yeah she explained how she hates those videos because some kid might try the "recipes" and since the result will always be terrible that kid might be discouraged from cooking/baking because the think they're just bad at it. And cooking/baking with your kid is such a great thing. Theres always easy stuff even small kids can do and in the end you get a delicious cake that they helped to make and they are proud as hell!

Also some might poison you like putting strawberries in bleach.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

muscles like this! posted:

Also some might poison you like putting strawberries in bleach.

I remember a decade+ ago there was a text one for making a cool crystal formation in your kitchen, and buried in the instructions was mixing bleach and ammonia which dumps off a ton of hydrazine and chloramine gasses.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I remember a decade+ ago there was a text one for making a cool crystal formation in your kitchen, and buried in the instructions was mixing bleach and ammonia which dumps off a ton of hydrazine and chloramine gasses.

Yeah, 4chan things killing random people is funny.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

^^^ Glad someone else remembered that.

That poo poo was all over /b/ then. You know, the forum with a header that said not to take anything posted there seriously. Not that it makes it right, but come on now.

I worked in restaurants for six years, maybe '02-'08. Two different people, in two different kitchens, smoked us out combining chemicals like that. I should have been more specific on what to use, maybe. My bad, hurrgh, cough, cough, huurgh.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

d3lness posted:

Yeah, 4chan things killing random people is funny.

I mean, I didn’t think it was funny, it was just the first thing that came to mind when I saw “Online DIY stuff that will poison you”

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

I mean, I didn’t think it was funny, it was just the first thing that came to mind when I saw “Online DIY stuff that will poison you”

I never said you thought death was funny. I just said 4chan is poo poo.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

madeintaipei posted:

^^^ Glad someone else remembered that.

That poo poo was all over /b/ then. You know, the forum with a header that said not to take anything posted there seriously. Not that it makes it right, but come on now.

I worked in restaurants for six years, maybe '02-'08. Two different people, in two different kitchens, smoked us out combining chemicals like that. I should have been more specific on what to use, maybe. My bad, hurrgh, cough, cough, huurgh.

I think part of the problem with that crystal thing was that it got out of 4chan, and was shared without context. I remember encountering it on the wild and going "uh neat" for a moment, until my brain cells rubbed together and I was "uh, ok, nope, that'd probably kill you".

Also, I am a chemist, and one of the brightest kids on my 4th year college class gave herself a whiff of the old killing gas by mixing ammonia and bleach for cleaning. Had to go to the hospital and everything. I never understood how she didn't connect the dots, but, well, she didn't.

Shellception has a new favorite as of 19:16 on Jun 30, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

d3lness posted:

I never said you thought death was funny. I just said 4chan is poo poo.

Oh, misread your post then. Good ol’ text communication missing a lot of subtext.

Jiru posted:

I think part of the problem with that crystal thing was that it got out of 4chan, and was shared without context. I remember encountering it on the wild and going "uh neat" for a moment, until my brain cells rubbed together and I was "uh, ok, nope, that'd probably kill you".

Also, I am a chemist, and one of the brightest kids on my 4th year college class gave herself a whiff of the old killing gas by mixing ammonia and bleach for cleaning. Had to go to the hospital and everything. I never understood how she didn't connect the dots, but, well, she didn't.

I’m amazed that there isn’t a version of those that makes one specific pretty gnarly compound. It’s a very unstable explosive and students accidentally making it shuts down a university chem lab like once a year.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It's been awhile thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdO6F2ivWWQ

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Yoooooooo, how many goddamn eggs do these people eat?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Just peel the egg and bite into it, it's not loving yoghurt you don't need a god drat spoon :psyduck:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Just peel the egg and bite into it, it's not loving yoghurt you don't need a god drat spoon :psyduck:

Soft-boiled eggs exist, what the gently caress, do you just cram eggs into your gaping maw? I am struggling to believe that you've never used an egg cup

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Awfully insensitive considering the video clearly showed the day to day struggle of not having an egg cup but also how to remedy the situation.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Scientastic posted:

Soft-boiled eggs exist, what the gently caress, do you just cram eggs into your gaping maw? I am struggling to believe that you've never used an egg cup

I've never seen an egg cup in person

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Len posted:

I've never seen an egg cup in person

You are supposed to eat the egg, not the egg cup

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Scientastic posted:

lol if you don't have Enrique cup your eggs for you

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Scientastic posted:

Egg cups aren't really a thing in the US, to the point that I'd never heard of one until a couple of years ago. We do, in fact, just pick up the egg and eat it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Scientastic posted:

That's how snakes do it. Do you think you're better than snakes?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Egg cups are something I only saw in old Looney Tunes cartoons, so I always figured they were an antiquated technology, like butter churns. Then I found out British people still use them.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

rydiafan posted:

Egg cups are something I only saw in old Looney Tunes cartoons, so I always figured they were an antiquated technology, like butter churns. Then I found out British people still use them.

My egg cup has Tom and Jerry on it. Life imitates art

It's been used as a paintbrush cleaner more than an egg cup though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

rydiafan posted:

Can confirm this. My friend's mom uses an egg cup on a regular basis.