Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Refer to the demon as Mr. Fluffers whenever you address it.

F) A permanent pact for power. Generally this involves the demon tattooing a channel to it's power into your skin, so you'd have to go inside the summoning circle to allow this. (2 goblins as well as all the problems involved in a demon having a link to your body)

L) A charming voice that is hard to refuse.
M) Greater Magical might

This is not a problem this is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Puppies are dicks posted:

Assdicks! If only we'd more goblins on hand we could have bargained for more upper tier powers. Too bad nobody tried to suggest that like five minutes ago or anything. :colbert:

How many goblins do we have right now anyway? I'd like to wait on voting until I know for sure.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Do D) three times to get the location of 3 kobold camps.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Clearly the demon's name is Colonel Sir Whiskerybottoms-Smythe.

I vote the following:

G. Power for a year and a day, daily use. (3 Goblins)
L. Sexytimes coolvoice.

B. Local knowledge. (1 Goblins)

Keeping a few henchmen in reserve to do useful things like emptying out the chamber pot and buying more Cheetos is pretty important, so I'd like to avoid sacrificing the lot of them just yet.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

jng2058 posted:

(Bloody icons available here: http://imgur.com/a/ttpuC , Bronze icons here: http://imgur.com/a/2q3kU )

I concur. Then find a kobold camp, and beguile them into serving us.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

How do you know there isn't a kobold camp in the local area, and that the demon's just trying to chisel more goblins out of us? Or for that matter that particular option won't lead to a hilariously apt result such as, "Alright so you're going to want to walk several thousand miles in a generally westwardly direction, stop when you hit the sea..."

Sexygoodtimes voice and the knowledge of where to apply it is the surest, quickest payout.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

1. FB

2. LM

We then use our new sexy voice to recruit the village as our new servants, and then use the village to summon the demon again for higher tier powers. Human sacrifices, not goblin ones!

edit: tossed in a vote for magical might as well, for when we have to throwdown with the hero, assuming we can't talk him out of it

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jul 11, 2014

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

I vote the following:

L. Sexytimes coolvoice.

Keeping a few henchmen in reserve to do useful things like emptying out the chamber pot and buying more Cheetos is pretty important, so I'd like to avoid sacrificing the lot of them just yet.

This and get the remaining goblins to start pumping out new goblins.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
G Power for a year and a day Changed

M- Magical might

N- Sense Treasure

Alrighty then, let's go find that tower heart.

A_Bug_That_Thinks fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jul 11, 2014

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

I vote the following:

L. Sexytimes coolvoice.

This. Also, how are we obtaining food for the goblins (and ourselves)?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Mike Gallego posted:

We then use our new sexy voice to recruit the village as our new servants, and then use the village to summon the demon again for higher tier powers. Human sacrifices, not goblin ones!

That's a really really good idea. Wouldn't it be even better if we knew where the largest concentration of villagers was, who the most influential villagers are, or which ones have the choiceiest and most mouse-like baptised infant children, and other helpful tidbits about the local area?

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

That's a really really good idea. Wouldn't it be even better if we knew where the largest concentration of villagers was, who the most influential villagers are, or which ones have the choiceiest and most mouse-like baptised infant children, and other helpful tidbits about the local area?

That's why I voted FB!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1. What do you want? You can mix and match

B) Knowledge of the local area. (costs 1 goblin)
C) Blackmail material on the nearby residents (costs 1 or 2 goblins)

I think getting the local townsfolk on our side is still a great plan. B and C are likely to help us with that. The local area may also involve some abandoned mines or ancient treasure-filled burial grounds or something. Could be useful.

F) A permanent pact for power. (-2 goblins)
If we can't trust Mr. Kitty, who can we trust?
H) Invisibility -- We're not much of a fighter or we wouldn't be in this mess. Being able to sneak off is valuable, at least when dealing with low rent "heros" who don't have True Seeing.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

1) D F
2) L

Let's get some demon juice and proceed to get kobolds! They're probably worth more to demons so we can exchange them for higher quality demon powers and then we can enslave orcs and trade up again and so on until we rule the world.

Contemplate Mom was right and we really aren't good overlord material! :smith:

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Outrail posted:

This and get the remaining goblins to start pumping out new goblins.

The goblins in your service are all male.

Ralith posted:

This. Also, how are we obtaining food for the goblins (and ourselves)?

Such concerns are beneath your mighty intellect. You could investigate tomorrow if you want to, but loafing in your pajamas wizardly robes is much more fun.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Angela Christine posted:

If we can't trust Mr. Kitty, who can we trust?

Now, I trust Colonel Sir Whiskerybottoms-Smythe. I really do. He's the godfather of my children, and I have him over on Saturdays for tea and light conversation with the family. But there's two things we ought to keep in mind,

1) He's a cat.
2) He's a demon trapped inside a magic spell circle who will hollow us out and eat our insides if that circle were to be ever breached.

Don't pet the kitty when his back is turned towards you and his tail is swishy. It means he doesn't want to be petted. Keep your hands to yourself and I'm sure he'll be an honest and true friend.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Now, I trust Colonel Sir Whiskerybottoms-Smythe. I really do. He's the godfather of my children, and I have him over on Saturdays for tea and light conversation with the family. But there's two things we ought to keep in mind,

1) He's a cat.
2) He's a demon trapped inside a magic spell circle who will hollow us out and eat our insides if that circle were to be ever breached.

Don't pet the kitty when his back is turned towards you and his tail is swishy. It means he doesn't want to be petted. Keep your hands to yourself and I'm sure he'll be an honest and true friend.

Sometimes a demon just need a good chin rub.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

FLM

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
A: Six Imps & G: Charming Voice

Imps may be pretty useless, but they're really annoying. We may not be able to kill or maim the heroes, but we sure can annoy them into giving up with the help of those tiny assholes.

As for the infernal superpowers, it all comes down to recruitment. Now some evil overlords might bribe their way into monstrous armies or use their great sorcerous might to dominate their feeble wills. We are not that sort of villain. I mean sure we're a mighty wizard and all, but all that mind magic stuff is totally beneath us. To say nothing of paying for help, I mean what's the point of being the scourge of humanity if your minions are just paid employees? The fact that those heroes stole everything of value is beside the point. Now, with those facts in mind we need the demonic power of persuasion. Then we'll build an army that'll show those jerks what for.

If nothing else it'll let us beg them not to beat us too badly.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
F
J Inhuman riddle skills!!! Why you ask? Why? If you had inhuman skills at riddles you would know the answer to that you fool!

::sneezola:: (I think it possible we may be allergic to Demons. Not sure. Could just be the dust from the dust up.)

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.

Diogines posted:

F) A permanent pact for power. Generally this involves the demon tattooing a channel to it's power into your skin, so you'd have to go inside the summoning circle to allow this. (2 goblins as well as all the problems involved in a demon having a link to your body)

M) Greater Magical might

This, this is the best idea.

F with L and M

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Diogines posted:

Refer to the demon as Mr. Whiskers whenever you address it.

M) Greater Magical might

Voting this!

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Diogines posted:

M) Greater Magical might

Yeah, sure.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
D
F
L
M

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

Diogines posted:

M) Greater Magical might

Listen to the turtle.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

F L

I still think we need to enlist the villagers though. Not only do we support local economy (which allows us to kill much better equipped heroes and steal their much nicer gear), but it sets the foundation for a skillful Anti-Hero PR campaign bolstered by our soon to be gained Magical Voice.

How does it set this foundation? C'mon, heroes are just armed murderhobos. Hell, they probably looted the villagers homes on the way to our Tower for a handful of gold and a couple of healing herbs. They won't think twice about carving through Bill, who was just doing this part time so his daughter could afford piano lessons.

If they aren't saving you, then what's the point in them? I say we round them up and throw them in the Pit!*

*We should have a pit dug for this.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Can we just leave the demon in thw circle. And tell it it can have the soul of a hero as payment for hanging out with us for a week.

Then just trick the hero into walking into the circle 'the payment is in my basket over there, take it and get out of my castle, I've pits to dig'.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Diogines posted:

M) Greater Magical might

We gotta grow up and become the "villain" the establishment thinks we are maaaannn.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Do we really want to link ourselves permanently to the first demon we could summon with a bone-basic circle?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

Do we really want to link ourselves permanently to the first demon we could summon with a bone-basic circle?

Yes

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

This is exactly what I want.

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

Mike Gallego posted:

1. FB

2. LM

edit: tossed in a vote for magical might as well, for when we have to throwdown with the hero, assuming we can't talk him out of it

This and then use our special sexytime voice to not only recruit the villagers, but also to start a cult so they will find more villagers (or whatever) for us so we don't have to do anything else. Have the cult focus whatever magical power they can scrounge up by whatever means towards making us more powerful. Use the power to bring the lower level demons into our power. Have them devote their power to us, by which we will enslave the demonic races and crush anyone who opposes us under our all-powerful heel.
Better yet, start many cults.

Note: DO NOT, under any circumstances, place any of our power into anything that can be destroyed or repurposed for someone else. See Frodo.

Edit: Simply, use the cultists souls to summon the demons and never bind ours to theirs, make them bound to us. Make sure we are in charge of the demons, not the other way round.

MadMattH fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 11, 2014

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

ArbitraryTA posted:

Listen to the turtle.

That turtle is full of terrible advice. If you'd listened to me in round one we'd have more goblins to trade for power RIGHT NOW. It was super simple math even a terrapin could do, More Goblins = More Power.

Outrail posted:

Can we just leave the demon in thw circle. And tell it it can have the soul of a hero as payment for hanging out with us for a week.

Then just trick the hero into walking into the circle 'the payment is in my basket over there, take it and get out of my castle, I've pits to dig'.

This on the other hand is a clever plan. Maybe set up a date with Colonel Sir Whiskerybottoms-Smythe for next week where he just hangs around in the middle of the room inside a cardboard box or something? Pretty sure he'd dig that.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Diogines posted:

M) Greater Magical might

gently caress it, this. It's been far too long since I've been spiritually welded to a demonic cat anyway. :allears:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Don't be like one of those hero nerds. C'mon, all the other evil overlords are doing it.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
We should also start practicing our monologue. It's probably due to an inferior monologue that we are getting beat up so regularly.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Well, alright then

F

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Fine then, but I take no responsibility for when we inevitably get branded as the furry/otherkin Overlord and all the other Overlords are too busy laughing at us to come to our birthday party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B We can start laying traps before they reach the Tower. Those dumb heroes will never see that coming!

• Locked thread