Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I think it's best not to make a literalist reading of the events, pushing too far that direction will lead to disappointment as their motivations fail to stand up.

The show also has a very shoujo-ey art style and character design for its themes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
General overprotective stuff, "where are you" "are you all right", etc, except that Lisa feels that her mother is of no use to her.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Monathin posted:

Yeah, I'm willing to believe Nine got away with what he pulled simply due to the fact that no one ever really notices the noodle shop/delivery guy. Either way this show has been delivering in spades. Watanabe has definitely outdone himself.

It goes further. I hadn't even realised the numbers were 2-4-3.

The 9/11 imagery, the chunks of building standing upright, the plume of smoke and dust and debris falling and chasing those below, are absolutely deliberate.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Well they did more or less research it, and came up with an answer, and got an investigation and a search warrant out. They chose to portray it in that way, because it's more dramatic and if you're going to exposit you may as well have people converse about it than have it all scroll down a screen. And random youtuber "Fartlord McTavish" is not going to be a valuable member of the cast.

It's just that their research was wrong, because they saw it as 4-2-3. I also heard it as 4-2-3. The moral of the story is, let go of your preconceptions, and listen extremely carefully.

Regarding no deaths in the first bombing, there's no reason to think this will continue. 9/12 try to minimise, but don't really want to avoid casualties. People still got injured, and the fact no one died could simply mean they got lucky. The second bombing hit a police station, there was no one directly in the room, but the blast took out more than just that room, and plenty of debris fell on the bystanders below. If no one died or had a serious injury after this episode, then the show can be classed as silly.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
That makes no sense, just because you're sending most of your line officers and detectives to a location doesn't mean there won't be people at home base doing up paperwork or co-ordinating activities.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Or every drat Sigur Ros song.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1oncUennTs

Some indie rock band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Von really cares about blowing up that plant. At this point I'm convinced the punchline was that Von did 9/11.

• Locked thread