Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xeiros
Oct 4, 2013

by Smythe
At this point it's much too early to be making any judgements regarding any of the major characters. It's entirely possible their motivations and justifications for their actions will continue to further divide viewers as more is relieved. Hopefully we start to get a bit of character back-story in the next episode. Some substance to go with all that explosive style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xeiros
Oct 4, 2013

by Smythe
Episode 3

I hope 5 shows up soon. This series could use a bit of a game changer to shake things up.

It feels odd from an audience standpoint watching 9 angst over the "death" of a character we clearly know isn't actually dead. I blame the promotional material since if you only watched the series and avoided any and all promotional videos/trailers, you'd be none the wiser. Still, in series all the flashbacks that show her are from his memory so because he saw her die that's what he believes happened so that's what we as an audience are shown.

The unreliable narrator of sorts even if they don't mean to be.

This week's episode felt far too much like a retread of the previous episode's overall narrative. At least we got some more character backstory and the plot is moving forward at a decent pace. I prefer to learn about a character's motivations in pieces so I'm all for this sort of approach as opposed to an entire episode/episodes worth of flashback.

Xeiros fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 24, 2014

• Locked thread