Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«10 »
mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

"You are the best poster... do not let anyone say otherwise."

Any news about AC/DC is pretty depressing nowadays so it's quite appropriate that the thread is too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!

mobby_6kl posted:

Any news about AC/DC is pretty depressing nowadays so it's quite appropriate that the thread is too.

Too true.

man nurse
Feb 17, 2014

Oh yeah, that guy is totally straight. I saw a whole thing about him on the VH1.

I mean let’s be honest, they’re pretty much done. But at least they had one of the most consistent runs in rock n roll.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!

Angry Anderson of Rose Tattoo says Angus told him that Axl is in the band:

quote:

Mark: You’re right people are listening to that great music again, listening to Rose Tattoo, AC/DC, Zeppelin, it’s all coming round again, kids are rediscovering great music.

Angry: Exactly, I was talking to Angus earlier last year when we were doing the encores and we were opening for Guns ‘n’ Roses but Angus and I were asked to do the encores and I said to him “What are you going to do?” and he said “Mate I’m writing a new album.” I thought “Cool” so I asked him who was in the band and he said “Axl.” Brian’s not there, Phil’s not there, Cliff’s not there, sadly Malcolm’s not there. And there are these people, and yes it’s sad that the original line-up aren’t there anymore but it’s the songs, people who have supported them all the way through their career they want to hear the songs. And in a sense we owe that to people, so really it’s a debt of gratitude and what we’re saying is you’ve stood by us, we’ll stand by you. So Angus, and let’s face it he doesn’t need the money, he acknowledges that there are still millions of people around the world that want to hear AC/DC songs played live. In the same way, though on a much lesser scale obviously there are plenty of people around the world who want to hear the songs that made Rose Tattoo famous. They want to hear those songs played live. And this is a line-up that can do that.

https://www.therockpit.net/2018/int...-rose-tattoo-2/

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!

Great interview with Ang, Mal, and Brian from 1995:

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/acdc-young-lust

«10 »