Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Episode 2 felt like it had much better pacing than the first, but the Mikorin jokes for the most part I didn't find very funny. His actions towards Chiyo in wanting to be her senpai were pretty good, though. Luckily Seo absolutely stole the rest of the episode, I think she may be too perfect!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Usually if the manga is good enough, translations will continue past the anime airing. For example I just finished editing a Love Lab script last night, so that should be getting an update by the end of the week.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I couldn't help myself and I started reading the manga. Now all the jokes are spoiled. :saddowns:

I wonder how far the anime will get.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

ViggyNash posted:

I was hoping this would be an anime only thread, but oh well. The same thing happened with Nisekoi last season.

The anime is paced really terribly because it's a 1:1 version of the manga, with nothing added or changed to fit the format better. Seeing the jokes animated is cool, but ultimately if it's just a straight commercial I don't regret switching over.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The Devil Tesla posted:

That's not really a problem for this show, I feel. The jokes are often funnier the second time around.

Chiyo's VA in particular I think does a fantastic job, but I think the delivery of the jokes when voiced has been pretty great all around.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I am constantly amazed that Nozaki got serialized at all. Mikorin was in top form this episode, he works a lot better when he's being a quirky nerd rather than cultivating a playboy persona.

I'm so glad Tomoda found love in the end! :sparkles:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Soylentbits posted:

He never would have pulled it off if Mikorin wasn't such a popular heroine.

That's a good point! This last episode did a great job showing their friendship with how they interact without other people around. The episode really peaked with Chiyo walking in the next day and finding the aftermath.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Mikorin has his galge, figurines, and Umeko.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Nondevor posted:

Please look at the bottom left corner

That's fantastic!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

chumbler posted:

Yeah, the jumping around makes me hopeful that we'll get to see villain Wakamatsu and the second otome game chapter. Even if we don't, I'm still more than satisfied with this adaptation.

The second one? I didn't realize there was more than the one. Which hopefully we will get, because it was the most hilarious thing.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Oh, okay. Yeah, the dating sim we've seen wasn't an otome game.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Giving Sabagebu the three episode test the other day, (it failed) my friend and I had this conversation:

"What is with this mascot character?"
"I don't know."
"Does it actually exist, can the other characters see it?"
"It-- oh, they can. Apparently."
"I don't get it."
"Is it a platypus, I think I saw a flat tail."
"I think they said it was a Duck-- oh, yeah it has a flat tail."
"That's weird."
"Oh, I know what it is."
"It's a platypus, right?"
"No, it's a tanuki!"

And then I couldn't respond because I had a serious gigglefit.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

Are you sure you've got the right thread for this?

This is the Tanuki Gekkan Tanuki-kun thread, right?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

It is, which is why I don't get why you're talking about platypuses.

The point of the story is that the mascot character in Sabagebu is exactly the type of thing that Nozaki is talking about with its story about tanuki. Was it that unclear?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

Gekkan Shoujo has a more standard japanese style of weird-man/straight-man humour, it's just done well and they constantly switch up who is who and play around with gender stereotypes.

Like so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxy0c0o7lsE

This is really fun and that bike at the end was amazing. :allears:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

So, the chinese scan group put up a new chapter and I think you guys really need to see this: http://www.1kkk.com/sp4-172707-p2/#ipg1

:toot: They look like they'd make great avatars for here as well! :toot:

EDIT: scan, not sub

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 21, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Candy Dawn posted:

Hell yeah new avatar.

Very nice!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Wittgen posted:

I think it's because all the characters have their own distinctive believable core. Then on top of that, they're all completely nuts. Everyone has depth and everyone gets to be hilarious in their own ways.

I agree. Except Waka. His falling asleep schtick is the one place that goes too far for me. It's a really small nitpick, though.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

With only two episodes left, are we not getting the otome game arc? I'm guessing the final episode will be about Nozaki, Chiyo & Mikorin trying to find each other in crowded public spaces.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

7c Nickel posted:

I would have guessed they'd end with the flashback episode based on them teasing it in the intro.

You're probably right. It had slipped my mind because I thought it was a poor fit for the story using shoujo tropes straight out with little in the way of humor.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Yeah, I noticed that too. It was odd.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Hocus Pocus posted:

Mikorin's face when being complimented was hilarious. He truly is the best girl.

I was ashamed of seeing myself in Mikorin this episode. Totally complimenting other people and then excitedly awaiting to be complimented back. :negative:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

There's also a lot of Paras/Chiyo jokes getting around -- hope that doesn't become a meme.

That's what a meme is.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

dordreff posted:

A new chapter, in which Waka and Seo remain the best couple.

The oblivious pair of Nozaki and Seo doing stuff together is fantastic.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

nielsm posted:

Don't think one was found, so I made one. http://imgur.com/a/5JQ7z

This is hilarious. It gets the tone of the manga really well.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

It just shows that Nozaki trusts her as a tanuki

More plausible, I think.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

These dumbass kids :allears:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

CrazySalamander posted:

That's great Seo. Where's the puppy?

Chapter great as usual.

I loved that. I'm amazed this manga has so much humor still after all this time.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I am coolly ignoring that link. Cool, cool.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Supersonic Shine posted:

Waka finally finding out who Lorelei was genuinely blindsided me. :stare:

Wait what? I need to catch up.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

How come everyone (and I mean, everyone) know Chiyo is a gigantic stalker and not a single soul lets Nozaki know? :iiam:

It's so obvious, how can he not know???

Also because they think it's cute rather than actually terrifying/worrying and they think the two of them work well as a couple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I am so excited!