Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Teddybear posted:

Those wings probably suck but unlimited amounts of them would be cool as hell.

Now I want wings.

They taste much better when washed down with copious amounts of booze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Bray Wyatt was called boring. WWE was booed for not having Sting.

Best RAW in months.

when you put it that way, yeah that was a great raw

also don't forget rusev and swagger

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

what the poo poo is this poo poo

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

NienNunb posted:

They taste much better when washed down with copious amounts of booze.

That's a pretty solid description of Buffalo Wild Wings right there

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Honestly, what were the long term plans with Rollins with the briefcase? Lesnar is going to win the title at Summerslam, and you have to imagine the WWE is going to fight to get some extra dates from him in order to allow him to hold the title until Mania. They're not going to have Rollins (or anyone, if he was going to feud with Ambrose for the case) cash in on Lesnar. It seems like WWE had booked themselves into a bit of a corner with him, so I can't say I have any idea what they were going to do with him in the first place.

Still sucks though, obviously, as he's so fun to watch.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 15, 2014

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Professor Funk posted:

Honestly, what were the long term plans with Rollins with the briefcase? Lesnar is going to win the title at Summerslam, and you have to imagine the WWE is going to fight to get some extra dates from him in order to allow him to hold the title until Mania. They're not going to have Rollins (or anyone, if he was going to feud with Ambrose for the case) cash in on Lesnar. So I have no idea what the long term plan was anyways.

Ambrose cockblocks him so many times that the briefcase expires

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

An average worker whose potential is overstated?

You sir, are a peasant, ignorant of the sheer amount of seats Magnum TA could move. Go back and watch him in Starcade 85.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

All you nerds were saying "nobody knows who Sting is or cares about Sting" and Raw got booed in TYOOL 2014 for not having Sting. Shame on you.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

can I just say that the network shilling came off as incredibly desperate and pathetic this evening in a way it never has before

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

can I just say that the network shilling came off as incredibly desperate and pathetic this evening in a way it never has before

Yeah, the numbers really must be terrible given how increasingly desperate they're getting.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

oatgan posted:

I've been saying that for weeks. It's beyond redemption.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

oatgan posted:

You see Foley at the arts center tonight Oatgan?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Professor Funk posted:

Honestly, what were the long term plans with Rollins with the briefcase? Lesnar is going to win the title at Summerslam, and you have to imagine the WWE is going to fight to get some extra dates from him in order to allow him to hold the title until Mania. They're not going to have Rollins (or anyone, if he was going to feud with Ambrose for the case) cash in on Lesnar. It seems like WWE had booked themselves into a bit of a corner with him, so I can't say I have any idea what they were going to do with him in the first place.

The real problem is that it fucks over Ambrose. Unless Ambrose goes into a program with Orton which now that I think about it if Rollins is dead would be an okay consolation prize.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Thauros posted:

Yeah, the numbers really must be terrible given how increasingly desperate they're getting.

The worst is that they're not trying to sell some awful service. The Network owns and is a really good value and they should be making money off of it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Joey McChrist posted:

when you put it that way, yeah that was a great raw

also don't forget rusev and swagger

Sting vs Jericho would be a money show. But it'd end up in Jericho calling Sting a dollar whore or something silly.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

Professor Funk posted:

Stone Cold literally held the title for like 3 months before dropping it to Kane for a day and it didn't hurt him in the least bit in the long term. After Reigns takes over at Mania, throw Rollins at him for a first defense.

That is if Rollins is okay.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They were so desperate for new subscribers that tomorrow they're airing a documentary about a guy whose contract ends two days later

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

LoboLoboLobo posted:

Stone Cold literally held the title for like 3 months before dropping it to Kane for a day and it didn't hurt him in the least bit in the long term. After Reigns takes over at Mania, throw Rollins at him for a first defense.

That is if Rollins is okay.

Wasting the rub someone would get from beating the guy who beat Taker at Wrestlemania on a MITB cash in would be...shortsighted to say the least, if that's what you're suggesting.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
That Raw was weird. Started out good then just steadily went downhill. And now Rollins might be hurt.

I didn't even bother with the WCW thing after, just went back to getting my rear end kicked in Ultra SF4.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Damnit. I hope Seth will be ok for Battleground. All my favourite wrestlemans are getting injured. Soon the only thing i'll have to look forward to will be NXT. :smith:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Rollins could have just been selling but the way he lands is real straight legged and I think it's just a matter of time before he blows out his knee. When he flips outside the ring it always makes me cringe how he lands.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

God Of Paradise posted:

You see Foley at the arts center tonight Oatgan?
I heard about it a week and a half ago when Mick was on the sports animal promoting it and meant to look up tickets but forgot all about it until just now.

fart blood posted:

I've been saying that for weeks. It's beyond redemption.

Michael Cole staring directly at the camera and straight up begging people to subscribe was weird as hell. He didn't even rattle off some features he was just like "Please sign up for the wwe network"

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

oatgan posted:

I heard about it a week and a half ago when Mick was on the sports animal promoting it and meant to look up tickets but forgot all about it until just now.

Jim Ross showed up and spoke for about an hour alongside him. Nice surprise.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

Professor Funk posted:

Wasting the rub someone would get from beating the guy who beat Taker at Wrestlemania on a MITB cash in would be...shortsighted to say the least, if that's what you're suggesting.

Not saying that Rollins has to succeed in cashing in, but that it's something they can do. There's a million ways to keep everyone looking good.

I missed a chunk of this RAW but I'm going back and watching the stuff I missed. What a weird night, is all I can say. They haven't pulled off a good go home Raw since what, Mania?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Who said Sting would get no reaction? SPEAK UP! "Nobody will remember Sting."

Of course he has the most wearable shirt on the site.

Quoting this for prosperity.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I will say this, I don't think it's weird at all that Seth wasn't involved in the ending schmozz. It was clearly about the fatal four way and I honestly don't think they planned to have Ambrose run out at all. It flowed too naturally.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Niwrad posted:

Rollins could have just been selling but the way he lands is real straight legged and I think it's just a matter of time before he blows out his knee. When he flips outside the ring it always makes me cringe how he lands.

"Might". He's good at selling but I wouldn't believe this isn't legit.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Watching tonight's Raw. So...LayRae are essentially a modern, PG version of PMS, and Dolph Ziggler is now PG Meat.

E: This Sonic commercial is even worse than the Twisted Tea commercial.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I... kind of want to read the rest of this.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

TheJoker138 posted:

Watching tonight's Raw. So...LayRae are essentially a modern, PG version of PMS, and Dolph Ziggler is now PG Meat.

Total garbage waste of Sandow too. Imagine if they had done the Sting commercial and then the music hits and out he comes to the ring where he takes off the mask and it's Stingdow.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I will say this, I don't think it's weird at all that Seth wasn't involved in the ending schmozz. It was clearly about the fatal four way and I honestly don't think they planned to have Ambrose run out at all. It flowed too naturally.

No it didn't. It was incredibly awkward and didn't appear to be the plan at all.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Memento posted:

what the poo poo is this poo poo

Looks like a big edit to a couple of pages of that Naruto anime. The cliff town and Bryan's goofy eyes look the part. Kind of impressed by who replaced all the characters with WWE people.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

TheJoker138 posted:

I want PG Meat to be Damien Sandow's next persona. "Cult of Personality" hits, and it's Sandow in a Punk t-shirt and tights made of meat. Call me Vince, I have many more ideas.

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 15, 2014

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

KungFu Grip posted:

Looks like a big edit to a couple of pages of that Naruto anime. The cliff town and Bryan's goofy eyes look the part. Kind of impressed by who replaced all the characters with WWE people.

World Wrestling animE.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Professor Funk posted:

HAHA you think Lesnar is going over Cena.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Daniel Bryan posted:

No it didn't. It was incredibly awkward and didn't appear to be the plan at all.

Yeah, it wasn't very natural at all. Don't know where Foochs was getting that from.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

That Bo Dallas segment was loving A+

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Chris James 2 posted:

They were so desperate for new subscribers that tomorrow they're airing a documentary about a guy whose contract ends two days later

Honestly, I'm taking that one of two ways:

1. Given injuries to Bryan, Barrett, and other things, they're desperately trying to convince CM Punk to come back. Given that they're not burying AJ simply out of spite, and last week's WM Rewind was all about Punk, this argument may have some merit to it.

2. They're throwing Punk's documentary on the Network to kill off sales of it and thus attempt to shrink the royalty checks, which given WWE's history of spite, may be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

KungFu Grip posted:

Thank you for the explanation KFG.

• Locked thread