Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WWE WHC: Cena
Challengers: Roman, Orton, Kane
MITB: Rollins

IC: Vacant
Challengers: many people, including Cesaro

US: Sheamus
Challengers: who loving cares, it's Sheamus

Divas: AJ
Challenger: Page

NXT: Gollum
Challenger: Tyler "Prince Pretty" Breeze

NXT Womens: Charlotte
Challenger: I dunno, I don't watch NXT

Smackdown happened, nothing important though as errybody was in Japan

Raw report from one of those loving newz sites:
John Cena starting things off tonight.

Cena reminds us that the Network free preview is coming to an end.

He starts talking up his match up this weekend and uses it to sell the Network when out comes Reigns.

He starts talking to Reigns, when Reigns tells him to get to the drat point.

They talk about beating on Kane and Orton and leaving it to just the two of them at BattleGround.

Ambrose interupts the pissing contest from the titantron and tells them to stop their "prettiest girl at the dance" arguing. They have business to take care of tonight and it feeds into Ambrose's bigger "Screw the Authority" operation.

As he tries to continue on Kane, Rollins, and Orton appear and beat the ever living hell out of Ambrose.

After a while Ambrose just looks up and goes- "Is that all you got?"

Rollins hits the curb stomp to end the segment.

Sheamus vs the Miz

Result: Miz wins by pinfall

Highlights:

Miz puts a picture of his face on the Titantron for the entirety of the match after Sheamus promises to kick it in.
Early exchange of holds leads Sheamus to bowling Miz over a few times. He goes for a punch to the face but Miz bails to the outside. Sheamus tosses Miz back in but Miz gets the advantage with some stomps.
It doesn't last long as Sheamus takes back control with some punches and a rolling firemen's. Sheamus tries to follow up with a forearm drop to the face but Miz bails to the outside with a finger wag as we head to break.
Due to a cable hiccup I missed the second half of the match

Kane, Orton, and Tollins in the back rejoicing over beating up Ambrose. Kane and Orton start to talk about their distrust when HHH comes in and says they will trust each other because he said so.

Steph comes in as the others leave to tell HHH she lives how he handles business. Then they make out.

Dolph Ziggler vs Fandango

Result: Ziggler wins by pinfall

Highlights:

Early takedowns and dance taunts from Fandango. Ziggler fires back with a hip toss but Fandango dodges Ziggler's follow up dropkick.
Fandango slams Ziggler's head into the turnbuckle a few times before laying into him with strikes and slam. Chinlock leads to a Ziggler escape and flying forearm. Fandago quickly takes back control and is beating on Fandango.
His music hits when Layla and Summer Rae appear on the announce table dancing.
Fandango continues his beatdown but then gets distracted. Ziggler dropkick and then the Fameasser for the win.
After the match the ladies head to the ring and dance. Then they start dancing around Ziggler. They then pose on his shoulders before each giving him a kiss on the cheek. Then all three dance their way together out of the ring.
Commentary was dreadful for this.

Sonic backstage commercial.

Sandow is dressed as a Sonic Employee and takes the food from the employee that was there.

The Express interrupts and Rose chides him.

Sandow makes fun of him before leaving.

The Express dances off.

Uso are in the middle of their entrance when the Harper and Rowan jump them from behind.

They beat on them both and Harper gives a big boot to one of them over the barricade into the crowd after Rowan had smashed the Uso's head into a post.

They then double team the other one and toss him into the ring. They hit a double slam in the ring

We are getting a sumnmit between the Real Americans and Lana/Rusev.

Cole is moderating. Colter laid down the challenge for Battleground.

Lana responds in Russian first before responding in English. Eventually the USA chants cause her to rant and scream at us to shut up. She then taunts and insults us some more.

Colter cuts a patriotic promo about his time in the military and the vows it pertains to.

Lana tells us that one man has the solutions to our ills- Vladimir Putin.

Colter says we have a democratically elected President. We don't need Putin.

Colter tells Rusev to step out from behind Lana and be a man. Rusev accepts the challenge.

Lana urges him off and Colter has the crowd chant We The People so Lana slaps him.

This leads to Rusev beating on Swagger. He goes for the high kick but Swagger counters with the Patriot Lock.

Rusev is able to make it to the outside and escape.

Cena is trying to talk to Reigns in the back but he is disinterested.

Ambrose is out of the match and Cena starts to yell at Reigns. This finally gets his attention.

He knows Reigns wants to be champion and he expects that from him, but they have to get on the same page tonight if they want to survive.

Reigns says they took out one of them tonight, but they are going to take out three of them.

ADR vs RVD

Result: ADR wins by pinfall

Highlights:

ADR swarms RVD early with a flurry of strikes. A couples of slams and kicks to keep on the pressure before hitting a DDT. Enziguiri in the corner gets a nearfall. Stomps from ADR.
(Insert typical RVD comeback that ends with Rolling Thunder here)
After the Rolling Thunder, ADR hits a few kicks and RVD comeback with a springboard side kick that ADR dodges. RVD follows it up though with another sidekick. He goes up top for a Frog Splash but ADR gets his knees up.
Armbar for the win

Promo for them adding the documentary part of Best in the World to the Network.

Nikki Bella in the ring and Stephanie comes out. Stephanie says that all of Nikki's troubles come from her sister.

Nikki Bella vs Alicia Fox and Cameron

Results: Fox and Cameron win by pinfall

Highlights:

Nikki busted out an Alambama Slam at one point.
It was mostly a pedistrian beatdown.

Announcement for the special pre-order bonus.

It's a brief video featuring a string section and in walks Sting.

Two Generations of Sting is the tag

Orton confronts HHH in his office.

HHH comforts him by telling him that he is the plan. Kane is just a pawn.

Another bizzarely awesome Dust Bros video.

Cesaro vs Big E w/ Kofi Kingston

Result:

Highlights:

Heyman isn't out with Cesaro.
Cesaro comes out with uppercuts, but Big E plants him hard with a slam. He then tosses Cesaro to the outside and into the barricade.
Big E tries to follow up but Cesaro takes advantage with some strikes. Big E goes for broke but Cesaro catches him and slams him onto the barricade.
As Big E tries to get back into the ring, Cesaro slams him and starts slapping him. Big E tries to make a comeback but is quickly planted by Cesaro.
TIGER DRIVER FROM CESARO! Only gets the two count.
Cesaro tries to follow up but Big E fires back with some splashes. He drops the straps but Cesaro rolls to the outside. Big E tries to follow up but Cesaro slams his throat into the rope.
Cesaro goes under the rope and beans a chair at Kofi who barely dodged it. Cesaro gets another and goes to hit Big E with it but Kofi was able to snatch it away from the outside. Big E uses the distraction to hit the Big Ending for the win.

Raw is Jericho and he talks about all of his time in WWE. He lists of a litany of acts (both serious and comedic) taht he has seen and his own accomplishments (both serious and ridiculous).

He says through all of that, he has never seen anything like Bray Wyatt. Wyatt is a manipulator and a snake.

Wyatt appears on the Titantron and talks about how Jericho wasn't there for us. Wyatt talks about the many men he has gone to war with and what made them. Great stuff.

The lights go out and when they pop on Harper and Rowan are in the ring. They try to beat on Jericho but he is able to escape.

As Jericho makes it up the ramp, Wyatt appears and nails him with a Sister Abigail.

AJ Leevs Eva Marie

Result: AJ wins by submission

Highlights:

Paige is on commentary.
AJ and Eva Marie lock up a bit, but then AJ hits a dropkick. She grabs Eva by the hair and skips around.
Eva bails to the outside to collect herself. Back to the ring and she hits a slam before digging a knee to the back with a stretch. Eva with a backbreaker and goes for a second one but AJ counters into the black widow for the win.
Post-match AJ goes over to commentary and sits on the table. She takes JBL's head set. AJ and Paige sit there and annoyingly compliment each other.

Bo Dallas is out and praises the heart of El Torito. He hopes his opponent tonight has a heart as big as Torito's.

Out comes Khali for the open challenge.

Bo Dallas vs Great Khali

Highlights: Dallas wins by countout

Result:

Khali with some chops that Dallas is selling the hell out of it. he tries to come back with his own chops and yells "Bad Giant!". Khali tosses him out of the ring.
Dallas takes out Khali's knee on the outside and then hits the Running Bo Dog off the apron. Khali counted out.
THE STREAK LIVES! 15-BO!
As Bo celebrates he makes his way over to Khali. He tries to inspire Khali but eats a chop. "OWWWWWWWWWWW" . His selling there was sublime.

Rollins talks to HHH and Stephanie about being Plan B, because he doesn't have much faith in Orton or Kane.

He leaves and in comes Heyman.

Heyman says that he is the man to talk to for a fool proof Plan C.

Good ole Lesnar tease

Then the main event happened, it's Kane, Cena, Reigns, Orton, and Rollins, who the gently caress cares

Battleground:
IC Battle Royal feature Cesaro, Bo Dallas, and others
Rusev vs Jack Swagger
Paige vs AJ
Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
If nothing else, the best thing about Raw right now is seeing everyone bitch and moan about how everything is awful.

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 15, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jack Anderson posted:

If nothing else, the best thing about Raw right now is seeing everyone bitch and moan about how everything is awful.

It's not even awful, you have to go to TNA to see something truly awful. It's just really mediocre with some bright spots in the undercard.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I Before E posted:

It's not even awful, you have to go to TNA to see something truly awful. It's just really mediocre with some bright spots in the undercard.

Yea this is what kills me, if I want to laugh at BAD wrestling TNA is free and beautiful, WWE just has these periods of...who gives a poo poo? Like, I can't be mad at anything, I just turn on Raw, watch a bit, sometimes go 'oh, huh' and then see what else is on.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Not a great show but I enjoyed it well enough, and Ambrose continues to be amazing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I really, really, really hope Rollins is just loving awesome at selling.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

I Before E posted:

All I see right now from the current product is major hesitance to do anything different. And with the downsizing of the WWE, that seems unlikely to change.

On the upside PWG BOLA 2014 seems to be pretty good, so not all wrestling is bad.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
I missed raw, were any of the matches worth it

edit:

quote:

oh god what

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea this is what kills me, if I want to laugh at BAD wrestling TNA is free and beautiful, WWE just has these periods of...who gives a poo poo? Like, I can't be mad at anything, I just turn on Raw, watch a bit, sometimes go 'oh, huh' and then see what else is on.

I'm watching it because I have nothing else to do on Monday nights and it's what all my friends are watching.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Disappointed Ambrose didn't show up at the end, really hoping Seth isn't actually hurt.

At least there was a Bo match and another Rhodes promo? v:shobon:v

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Writer Cath posted:

I dunno man. That whole ending seems like they were lost because Rollins was supposed to be involved.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Jack Anderson posted:

All I see right now from the current product is major hesitance to do anything different.

This is why I'm sorta looking forward to the day Cena retires/is physically unable to wrestle anymore. I just want to see what happens to the WWE when this happens.

As for tonight's raw: Bo Dallas continues to be the best thing.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mukaikubo posted:

I missed raw, were any of the matches worth it

edit:
oh god what

At the end of the overrun Lil Naitch threw up a quick X to the back while Rollins was down and writhing and Ambrose never came out

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Deadpool posted:

I dunno man. That whole ending seems like they were lost because Rollins was supposed to be involved.

:sigh: I know. But I will choose to maintain some optimism, as I just brushed my teeth and it would make the depression beer taste terrible.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Deadpool posted:

Probably because Ambrose was supposed to run in and attack him.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i feel like a solid ending could have given people a better impression of that Raw but the DQ was really awful and then no Dean Ambrose to shift momentum deflated me

and i even like Cena and Reigns

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If the entirety of Sting's negotiations with WWE were forcing them not to put something stupid on the back of his shirt, then I consider negotiations to have been a complete success and well worth the time.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

achillesforever6 posted:

Probably because Ambrose was supposed to run in and attack him.

They shouldn't have loaded him into an actual ambulance with actual narcotics onboard. That was just an ill advised idea all around.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

Deadpool posted:

Yeah when rollins hit the landing he instantly popped his knee back up and fell to the floor, the ref ran over and then instantely called for the doctor. Then the match pace changed and suddenly ended.

I hope it's not serious and just like that time they stopped that Daniel Bryan match but i'm not going to hold out hope. The really bad part is this not only ruins Seth's push but also Ambrose.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I had more fun making this than watching RAW:

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Sting shirt would be cooler if it said, "HEY Doofus! It's Showtime, folks!!!" on the back.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Writer Cath posted:

:sigh: I know. But I will choose to maintain some optimism, as I just brushed my teeth and it would make the depression beer taste terrible.

I would too, but let's face it, we did the same poo poo a few weeks ago with Barrett. Just hope it's not "out till 2015" bad this time.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Moneymaker is his new lame catchphrase to refer to the Miz Face.His new nickname is Channelturner, because people reach for the remote when they see him.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Pariah Rex posted:

Yeah when rollins hit the landing he instantly popped his knee back up and fell to the floor, the ref ran over and then instantely called for the doctor. Then the match pace changed and suddenly ended.

I hope it's not serious and just like that time they stopped that Daniel Bryan match but i'm not going to hold out hope. The really bad part is this not only ruins Seth's push but also Ambrose.

Well, time to set myself on fire as another one of the reasons I've enjoyed watching the WWE for the last four months goes away.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I actually gave up watching by the end, what's this about Rollins being hurt?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

well hes hurt

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Dean Ambrose used harsh language.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Pulled up on landing outside the ring, Lil Naitch immediately signaled to the trainers to get over there, just sort of vanished after that.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

If the entirety of Sting's negotiations with WWE were forcing them not to put something stupid on the back of his shirt, then I consider negotiations to have been a complete success and well worth the time.
I wonder if the big crowd reaction will make WWE sign him quickly or make Sting ask for more money and keep holding out.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Wait, Rollins got legit hurt during that match? gently caress.

Fuuuuuuck.

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Pulled up on landing outside the ring, Lil Naitch immediately signaled to the trainers to get over there, just sort of vanished after that.

He pulled up on the landing in the ring first I think.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

they ran a preview for battleground after returning from commercial break in the middle of a Miz match

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
It's like it's 1986 and everyone I like is Magnum TA.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Desumaytah posted:

Wait, Rollins got legit hurt during that match? gently caress.

Fuuuuuuck.

Nobody actually knows everyone is just panicking.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In fairness I never really thought Ambrose was gonna run in because it made too much sense :v:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think the ending was supposed to be Ambrose once again stopping Rollins from cashing in but Rollins got hurt. Hopefully it's not bad and it's just minor thing. But the way he completely disappeared, the trainers ran over to him, and they never mentioned him again while things just kind of went on in the ring rather confusingly tells me it was legit.

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

cunny mcalister posted:

He pulled up on the landing in the ring first I think.

Yeah he definitely hopped funny while landing in the ring and that's what prompted Roman to send him out of the ring.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Seth Rollins #1,061 will be fine by this weekend.

• Locked thread