Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Count me in.

Edit: page 2 is for all the cool kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

##confirm

Hal Incandenza posted:

##confirm my PM says Fry is a badguy watch out for him

I'm hurt Hal, hurt.

Ate you really going to believe someone who doesn't know how to build floodgates or whateverthefuck.

I have no experience with the flavor of this game.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

ThirdEmperor posted:

Sooo... Anonymous double voter?

Anonymous self voter? :tinfoil:

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Tremendous Taste posted:

##confirm

Claiming miller

The bastard role perchance?

chaoslord posted:

This but about me instead

##vote chaoslord

I have decided to make it my duty to first vote you in every game we're in together from now on. Consider it my way of welcoming you into this wonderful community of (something) awful people.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

ThirdEmperor posted:

I always assumed it was because whoever invented Mafia was a Smart Person with The Right Opinions and hated the evil of gluten. :shrug:

My dentist's last name was Miller.

gently caress that guy.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

yuming posted:

I wanna kill a scum!!!

:siren:TRAP SPRUNG:siren:

More interested in mafia than pointless tv discussion.

Must be scum.

##vote yuming

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Kumbamontu posted:

you know what was a loving GREAT movie? The Grand Budapest Hotel

I'm so hit or miss on Wes Anderson, but GBH was a bullseye.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

ThirdEmperor posted:

I'm bored and have nothing better to do than Netflix.

People who like OistNB, if the first three episodes just didn't click for me, should I keep watching? Does it 'get better'?

I'd say that they are rather representative of the rest of the show.

That being said, you can't get an idea for the character development that occurs in the show from 3 episodes so I would say that in that regard it improves.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Somberbrero posted:

I remember I used to be able to read Fry pretty well and I don't have a good gut feeling towards him. His response to Hal's confirmation post was awkward and a little bit needlessly defensive(going back to read context now). ##unvote ##vote Philip J. Fry

Do you remember me failing at being funny :smith:

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Somberbrero posted:

haha, no way man. You were one of my favorite posters.

Rereading that brief exchange, I stand by my assessment.

Well I was referring to the post in question, but thanks :unsmith:

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

ThirdEmperor posted:

I demand proof that you were ever :airquote: funny :airquote:

Page 5 of calvinball

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

ThirdEmperor posted:

:stare: Hooooooly poo poo why did I quit mafia and miss this

It was a gem man, so much fun to follow.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

##vote Hal Incandenza

My log says you're a scum.

That's funny cause mine says you're the scum

Hal, Fry, Meds, Shoot!

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

We have like 36 hours. I don't get why this is relevant.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

ThirdEmperor posted:

He's been responding in an awkward, forced manner, jumped on Yuming as soon as somebody else had thrown moderate suspicion her way. Kind of no liking the way he didn't respond to my vote on him, but did respond to the person he knew and was ( presumably ) more comfortable with. That last one might be stretching a little, but hell, it's not like there's been anything much to read on today

I more or less ignored your vote because its day 1 and people (typically) throw votes around a lot. Once someone else agreed with the sentiment and agreed that what you're saying holds water, I responded.

And calling my vote on yuming anything but a joke vote is just foolish. No one had voted, and I put G D sirens in it. Come on now.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Somberbrero posted:

If I had to go on someone other than Fry it would be CP. I didn't like the tone of his response at all, and while claiming VT as town is actively harmful to the town, claiming it as scum could maybe be useful(i think? will have to consider as i am not very smart). I got the sense that he was trying to back away from the discussion as quick as possible with the "haha just playing you nerds" bit and then only posting white noise. Most of the thread is white noise at this point though.

Is chaoslord new?

I'd also say that throwing out a vt claim this early on is a great way to excuse one's self from the inevitable late game conversation of "why haven't scum killed you yet?"

Other than that though, I'd say that this is how he posts regardless of alignment.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

ThirdEmperor posted:

'but it was a joooooke vote!'

Yeah, uh, no. The timing and the awkwardness of it, make me think you're scum and were trying to build momentum on Yuming under the pretense of a joke.

I just. How would that ever work? Why would I think that would ever work?

Rascyc posted:

or else ... ?

Seriously what's up your dick?

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Rascyc posted:

Oh Fry is voting Yuming, that's a wash. Still happy with the rest of it.

Sincerely, I didn't realize this ##unvote.

yuming posted:

Looking at where we are I think Fry is a good option. He hasn't responded to the pressure well.

He says his vote on me was a joke but if so ?then where are his actual opinions?

As town I feel like he should've done more.

Fair, I have mainly focused on refuting the case on me and haven't looked for scum enough. As a standalone opinion I think this would be weak, but as a cherry on top I get that. I'm looking into stuff now and I'll see what I come up with.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

I just wrote up a whole loving post and deleted it cause of this loving chrome extension gently caress.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Alright well I'm just gonna post things in smaller posts cause that was the worst.

Somber- I'm horrible at reading this dude. I always think he's town and the same goes for this game. I think it's the good guy greg vibe I get from him that just throws me off and always makes me think he's town.

I remember commenting on SoS's vote on yuming. I liked his vote a lot, but not the target. I thought his over demeanor and reasoning was spot on, but I'm getting a townie read on yuming, especially given her most recent activity. So SoS and Yuming, both leanin townie.

Hal-

Hal Incandenza posted:

##confirm my PM says Fry is a badguy watch out for him

I didn't think much of this when it happened, and I tried to just joke about it since it was still joke phase (apparently it was awkward) but the fact that he hasn't commented about me once since then, especially given that I'm the cleary vote leader and have been for most of the day, why hasn't he said at least something about me?

3 Options:

1. I'm scum, no I'm not.

2. We're both town and he was given that information to complete the roshambo

3. He's scum and knows that when I get lynched it'll look bad on him. He didn't post about it at first, but once it got clearer that I might go down, backing off would just look scummy. If he had tried to drive my lynch more, and really committed I'd say that was a townie move, but ignoring me entirely since that post is just hosed.

##vote Hal so far.

I gotta try to remember the other people I read so far but I know that's where my vote was so far.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

The Science of Suck posted:

No u

##vote yuming

The Science of Suck posted:

Serious vote btw

"Hey guys post stuff while I don't post stuff and instead try to look like I'm scum hunting"

Here's the SoS dialogue I was talking about above.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

apostateCourier posted:

I agree that at least one of them is likely to be scum. The whole thing feels overblown, especially for day one, I agree with you there. However I really don't like Fry's response to the "joke" vote case. Fry definitely has enough experience to know that "joke" votes are things that scum does, and to respond with that much emotion feels really forced.

Plus, 3E is putting pressure on people, which is a mark in their favor.

##vote Fry

Such. A. Bandwagon.

Just nothing but a bandwagon. and this is his first real post this game. Super scummy, just echos everyone else's concerns and avoids giving an opinion on anyone else in the game by riding the vote leader. Will consider moving to him instead depending on the rest of the day.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

yuming posted:

AC, however, seems like he's latching onto something he doesn't understand. I'm still considering Fry, but this is worth a vote imo.

##vote apostateCourier

yeah, what she said.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Dr. Hurt- Been around but no content.

Dr. Hurt posted:

I like the cut of this guys jib. He knows what's going on.

Also hammerer if you don't vote me next you are a dumb baby I dare you.

Is this actually an alignment opinion on Rascyc? I'm guessing not since the picture in his post is gibberish to me.

But on the topic of Hurt:

Big Nothing posted:

##vote Dr Hurt

I'm assuming this is actually a serious vote but it came without any explanation or prior mention of Hurt. So why'd you do that B?

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

If by strongest you mean only, yes.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

##vote Hal Incandenza

My log says you're a scum.

I like the sentiment.....but this is your only post so wut?

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

ALso why did everyone leave when I showed up the gently caress guys.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

votefinder posted:

CapitalistPig is Hated until the end of D1!

The Science of Suck is permanently Hated!

lolololol.

ThirdEmperor posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Science of Suck isn't town, but a noble. In fact I'm certain of it. There's nooooo way someone as important as 'the Mayor' wouldn't be a noble.
So... Yeah, I'm voting SoS until I hear more about this Noble faction.

##Vote SoS

Whats the deal here?

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

goin to bed. i'm claiming tomorrow morning if necessary.,

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Rascyc posted:

you're at like 5 votes

I have my reasons.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I've barely said anything about anyone so far, I haven't really been putting in much effort yet. That original vote was obviously a joke though and not something that really needed following up on. I just woke up so it'll be a bit but I'll start paying more attention here.

That doesn't make what I said any less true.

Rascyc posted:

also why are you voting Hal over his confirm post of all things instead of AC who actually has two individual cases on him at this point that at least resonate somewhat

I would absolutely be willing to vote him, as I stated. But I feel better about going after someone who's been around and not posting anything of use, than someone who hasn't been around and only made like 3? real posts.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Alright I'm doing this now so we have the chance to lynch someone else. 

I'm Tanner and because of my armor I'm a 1-shot BP.

This was why I was so frustrated early on. I knew that I'd never actually end up going down today, but I hated the fact that lynching me would virtually be a no-lynch and that it'd be pretty much entirely my fault.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Like I said, so we don't virtually no-lynch and waste the day.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Wait what? I think that's what bp meant.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

I just checked my role pm and it specifically says that it only applies to non-lynch kills.

So gently caress.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

I'm getting slammed at work right now so I won't be able to post too much.

I'd be fine with 3e but I think hal is still paying a poor rear end game and getting by on doing nothing.

Somber wouldn't a jefe Lynch just be a lurker lynch? Why him over other let jeers in the game?

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

And to me the whole nobles thing seems like more of a distraction than anything else. I see it as a final straw kind if thing but if it's the crux of an argument I don't buy it

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Oh and who ever asked me about when I was frustrated, I think someone reposted my post when I asked someone what was up their dick. It's around that point :v: that one and the post two before it. I'm phone posting so quoting is kind of a bitch

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Somberbrero posted:

wait, that's actually The Betrayer? I did not understand that.

I am so disappointed :( Betrayer will you call me mean names? For... for old times' sake?

He made Chili look like a fool in a game of mafia IRL. I've never seen Chili more ashamed.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Somberbrero posted:

great awesome, now do it :bandwagon: toot toot all a-board the murder train

I see your point, but Day 1 lynch should yield some information on other players. Offing him would give us none, as opposed to your other two targets so far, hurt and 3e.

Do you really think he's that much more likely to be scum than either of those two? I wouldn't go that far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

I'm gonna be checkin go check out this ape on ape movie everyone's been talkin about for the next couple hours but I'll be able to check in before deadline.

• Locked thread