Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am a dwarf in real life.

That is a lie, but I still want to play in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I will thrown my hat in for any role.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##confirm

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I know nothing about this game, huzzah!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jefepato posted:

Why is the miller called a "miller" anyway? I don't really see what the name has to do with the effect.

I'm pretty sure it has something do do with the millers had to grind stuff into flour in the wee hours of the night and thus were out and about during the time when only ne'er-do-wells roamed, and therefore were also up to no good, but they only wanted to make sure that the flour was ready for the bakers to bake bread for the people. All they do, they do for the town!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oh hey, I am totally wrong, wikipedia tells me this about millers:

Wikipedia posted:

In a traditional rural society, a miller is often wealthier than ordinary peasants, which can lead to jealousy and to millers being targeted in bread riots at times of famine. Conversely, millers might be in a stronger position vis-a-vis feudal land owners than are ordinary peasants.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Fine, I'll rewatch it then! If this is like the time you told Grandi to go to that restaurant though...

I can just see you now, "Oh, Season 4? No I never watched that. Or any season of the show"

Hey, I did go to that restaurant, I did not say that I knew capps. It was mediocre, but the bread was very good.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

ThirdEmperor posted:

What is the point of this? What are you telling us with this post?

Why are you posting white noise?

Is it a ~~~POWER ROLE GAMBIT~~~?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote 3e

I will not be around for deadline, nor am I caught up. Huzzah for voting the vote leader!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

This is a post to say I exist and I am reading things. Hooray.

Wow, I kind of feel like yuming with that post.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The Science of Suck posted:

Also existence is a scumtell

Oh nooooooo!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

You would say this because you are another scum.

Nah, I'm pretty sure it is unlikely.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rascyc posted:

SoS is probably a noble, guessing 3e was reading that based on his own flavor. Noble is probably some dumb survivor like goal given 3e wanted to kill SoS. So I don't care about SoS personally at this point as well.

Nah, I'm noble, and my victory condition is that I win with the fortress. And then a blurb that other stuff might happen eventually to change this which I have no control over. Also that I shouldn't tell people that I am a noble, but I like hob-nobbing with the commoners so whatever.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rascyc posted:

I have no idea what the hell 3e was doing then if that's true other than possibly playing like poo poo? Hum

That seems likely.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Juanito posted:

Is this other stuff things that other nobles would do?

I have literally told you all I know about my win-con. If I told you more I would be mod killed for copy-pasting my role PM.

I win with the fortress. There are other things that might occur later.

It is ambiguous now that I look at it if it will even change my win-condition, or just be another effect. But it feels like more of an altered wincondition feel rather than a whole new one.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Whatever, believe me or don't believe me. I have not communication with other nobles, I have no powers to demand anything of anyh of you. Based on 3e's flip, neither did he.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I like claiming as a survivor. It is fun. To pull it off you have to show your worth by scum-hunting effectively. I do not have the will or desire to pull that off at the moment. Which is a good thing because I win when all threats to the fortress are eliminated. My continued existence is not required.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Philip J. Fry posted:

grandi why should we keep you around if at any point during this game you could begin to have an alignment that differs from town?

Becuase I have no idea if my alignment will switch, when it will switch and what it will switch to. My assumption is that it will not be a switch to a scum win condition because that would suck, but more of an orthogonal to town wincondition. My Role PM says I win with the fortress and all threats are eliminated.
I don't know what there is to say beyond that.

I am noble-aligned, so I'm pretty sure that my wincondition is the same as all nobles and it isn't like some nobles are 3p some are town and some are sum. But I haven't seen anyone else's role PM. But I am a dwarf. I was hoping that this pulling back of the curtain would be helpful. I also just might have wanted to post something in a game I was not contributing much to. I don't know, it was like 6 hours ago, my reasons are lost to the sands of time.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I have no loving clue, but will be putting some time in this weekend to give you an answer.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jefepato posted:

The people pointing fingers at me for not being very active are what told me to get my rear end in gear and post stuff. Then work+dinner ran late and I didn't get the chance to review the thread and post until kinda late that day.

I did think the case on 3E was weak, but I decided to just gamble that the veteran players knew better than me, rather than risk a no-lynch (although SoS beat me to it). I was just annoyed because MEDS seemed really obvious.

I don't know what to think about MEDS now. Is there a reason a non-scum kill would get janitored? Or are there roles out there that flip blank on their own?

Am I misreading this or is Jefe scumslipping that he knows MEDS was scum aligned and not the scum kill?

##vote Jefepato

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

He is nowhere near lynch, me voting later or in that post and unvoting later makes no difference.

Even with his clarification, I am still reading the original post as a slip. I am asking if I am looking too hard at it and reading it as a slip which is a possibility. I am literally the second vote on him with 10 to lynch. There is no reason not to toss a vote on him.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also, to be clear, you don't see it as a slip?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

mr.capps posted:

which means grandi's heart isn't with us

Also this is not inaccurate.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

mr.capps posted:

YOUR HEART ISN'T IN THIS GRANDI
WHAT ARE YOU HIDING

I am hiding a desire to enjoy mafia again, but the joy is fleeting and I get nowhere near the exhilaration that I got as a young player. I am chasing that mafia high, but instead I am just being drawn along by the cruel mistress.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Well, he is an admitted 3P

I closer to a 1P than a 3P.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think Hal is a bad guy.

I am also fine with my vote on Jefe even though I am no longer on the slip thing.

I would not vote hurt except in the face of a no lynch.

##vote Hal until later when I have to vote for a more reasonable candidate.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal has nothing to do with ghosts, ghosts are solely my doing. I don't know why Hal is attempting to claim ghostly things.
Also, only dwarves can be ghosts so I am confused by my role.
If ghosts can talk the next day, and are town aligned because they are dwarves, why would I ever make someone not a ghost.

I am an undertaker, I get to bury all people killed at the end of the night if I want to and they are dwarves. I was roleblocked N2 which is why we had ghosts last night.

I chose to not bury TT because I thought it was funny to let him rot. I did bury Rascyc. I don't really know what my role does, I haven't been told anything, but talking after you are dead seems like a good thing so I am going to stop burying people. Saying it outloud sounds like a bad idea, but only good things have happened. I thought exsanguinated people like Betrayer would be bad news if not buried, but that was shown to be not true because of the roleblock.

Let the corpses pile up!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also, I am onboard with a somber lynch.

##vote Sombebrero

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal is wrong, but I don't think it is malicious. There is no scum-like reason to claim that.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Unless Hal RB'd me and that is why he is responsible, which would be sad. But still not scummy because he wouldn't claim it if he were.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Juanito posted:

Grandi, are you a noble or town?

Noble that wins with the fortress, so until I am told otherwise, I am functionally town.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So far it feels pretty neutral.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

please do not stop burying people because it really loving sucks.

also you suck.

Wait, what? What does not burying do? All I have seen is speaking with the dead.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Ppppfffftttt ##vote hal

I can confirm that the flavor of my being roleblocked was having my shovel stolen. I must ahve missed Hal saying that he had a shovel because I am not reading this game very closely.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tremendous Taste posted:

it's an anti town role, I get pro-town powers by not being buried

I chose not to bury you.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I wasn't to hear more from somber about ghosts and then lynch him due to him being scum.
If hal is not a noble then his role feels more like a lyncher which the flavor cop helps him find his target. That is an orthogonal wincon an Ihave no interest in pursuing it. He is totally not a scum though.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

BN, I didn't bury you so you can claim. Please do so:)

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I want to vote Opop, so I will vote Opop.

##vote Opop

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I don't think Somber is scum, I don't think he is other aligned. I think BN is lying and I don't know why because he is a dwarf. Ummmm, the biggest point there is that he didn't open with the not town investigation on somber, he waited until I prompted him to claim. If he actually had a not town investigation on anyone and was given the ability to speak his mind, don't you think it would be like the first thing he said.

I wonder if ghosts have modified wincons or something, that would suck.

Meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Philip J. Fry posted:

Uh.....why is your vote going on bowmore then

What the actual gently caress. Who is playing with votefinder aliases, why would OPOP not be like the #1 alias for Opopononononononax?

• Locked thread