Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
this yakuza guy owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

LvK posted:

this yakuza guy owns

What was his gimmick before the punch perm due to the stip?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

What was his gimmick before the punch perm due to the stip?

he didn't have one. He only joined a stable a few weeks ago after he was tired of everybody telling him he was a stupid loser douche

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

what theheck!!!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
and tonight, Yamato will be presenting the gimmick of a villain in a 1980s B-list kung-fu fantasy movie

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

flamita's theme sounds like some wiggles poo poo

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

kewl

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

flamita has roidgut

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I like Dragon Kid more tbh

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flamita has had way better matches this year that was kinda disappointing

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!
Dragon Kid vs Flamita was all right, but nothing I'd tell people to go out of their way to see. It never really kicked into high gear, and Kid's offense was flashier than Flamita's was. I was expecting that to be match of the night, but it's almost certain that everyone else's pick for that--the Twin Gate match--will outshine it without question.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Not the hair. Dastardly!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what was that spot with the stretched out thing??

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that was fun

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

epitasis posted:

that was fun

Yeah, trios matches with good wrestlers almost always are

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is this intermission??

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

epitasis posted:

is this intermission??

Yeah, it's a YAMATO vs. Jimmy Susumu match from last month

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

now what's happening who's this

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

epitasis posted:

now what's happening who's this

my dad

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Was the show as good as predicted? Worth getting the replay even with Battleground tonight and the G-1 starting tomorrow (so much wrestling :gonk:)?

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Dunbar posted:

Was the show as good as predicted? Worth getting the replay even with Battleground tonight and the G-1 starting tomorrow (so much wrestling :gonk:)?

Tag and Trio title matches were great, YAMATO vs Hulk was fantastic also, everything else was kinda average (at least compared to expectations).

Those three matches I mentioned were reallyyyy good though, so I'd say it's probably worth it even just for those.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Meltzer gave the Twin Gate match from Kobe ****3/4, said it was a strong MOTYC that was better than anything on G1 Night 1 and that T-Hawk should be considered one of the best wrestlers in the world.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

agreed

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It was fun watching Sydal work a more grounded, deliberate style in DG. I forgot he was such a good wrassler.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Pre-Orders for SCANDAL GATE at Korakuen on 8/5 for $15 and at Ota City Gym on 8/17 for $25 are at http://www.ustream.tv/dragongate. BxB Hulk will be making his V1 against Naruki Doi along with Eita/T-Hawk vs Yoshino/Uhaa (non title) and Takagi/Tozawa v YAMATO/Tominaga at Korakuen.

There's a Triangle Gate #1 Contenders tournament happening earlier that week (8/2 & 8/3) at Kyoto KBS Hall & are facing Doi/Kzy/Kong on 8/10. It'll probably be an Infinity taping

The teams are:

Yoshino/Tozawa/Uhaa
Horiguchi/Susumu/Kanda
T-Hawk/Eita/U-T
Hulk/?/?

I wouldn't be surprised if Mocchy/DK become Hulk's partners after a gently caress finish in their match on 8/2 against Doi/Kong. Also wouldn't be surprised if the two of them & Kotoka end up in an unit with Hulk since I don't think they'll keep him unaligned much longer.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Updated the Main Post with the full card & upcoming stuff.

Here's the show for Wednesday.
Open the Dream Gate - 1 v 4 HANDICAP MATCH (The winner of the fall will be Dream Gate Champion) - (20th Champion) BxB Hulk v Naruki Doi/Cyber Kong/Kzy/Mondai Ryu [MAD BLANKEY] (Challengers) - 1st Defense
T-Hawk/Eita [MILLENIALS] v Masato Yoshino/Uhaa Nation [MONSTER EXPRESS]
Akira Tozawa/Shingo Takagi [MONSTER EXPRESS] v YAMATO/Punch Tominaga [MILLENIALS]
Kenichiro Arai/K-ness [VETERAN-GUN RETURNS]/Shachihoko BOY [MONSTER EXPRESS] v Jimmy Susumu/Jimmy Kagetora [JIMMYZ]/"Mr. High Tension" Kotoka
Don Fuiji [VETERAN-GUN RETURNS]/Ryotsu Shimizu v Yosuke♡Santa Maria [MILLENIALS]/Yuga Hayashi
Masaaki Mochizuki/Dragon Kid/GAMMA [VETERAN-GUN RETURNS] v Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee/Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin/Jimmy Kanda [JIMMYZ]

The Dream Gate match changed when Doi held Hulk hostage saying there wouldn't be a Triangle Gate match if he wouldn't go with his terms. So we are looking at Kzy, potential Dream Gate Champion (that's probably not going to happen). MG Windows will reunite in a trios match (It's also the highest Arai has been on a card in a while). Yuga Hayashi, will make his main card debut with Santa Maria against his peer Shimizu and Shimizu's mentor/constant young boy bully Fuiji. Fuiji will probably beat the hell out of Hayashi.

The winners of the Triangle Gate contender tournament are the WE ARE PANTALOONS team of BxB Hulk, Masaaki Mochizuki and Dragon Kid, as I guessed. They'll face the champions on the 10th, which will probably be taped/up as an episode of Infinity. Important events from the tournament are Tozawa asking for answer about BxB Hulk joining MX (There really wasn't one), Tanizaki pestering for a Brave Gate shot, and Dragon Kid nearly decapitating U-T with a Savate Kick. Here's a photo from @KRWFJ.

U-T was taken out of the match immediately with a profusely bleeding mouth. It ended up that he broke his jaw. Hopefully he'll have a quick and safe recovery!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

that venue is gorgeous

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

New champ!

Doi eventually won in the handicap match after a ton of the usual chicanery but apparently BXB Hulk gets a rematch soon due to the circumstances.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Punch Tominaga is incredible btw

Thauros posted:

New champ!

Doi eventually won in the handicap match after a ton of the usual chicanery but apparently BXB Hulk gets a rematch soon due to the circumstances.
This is not entirely the case. Doi is only interim champ because of all the rampant cheating and if BxB Hulk beats him at Dangerous Gate he "retains" he was never champ and Hulk's first title defense is considered successful. They are basically repeating the last fall.

Full Dangerous Gate card:
    - Shachihoko BOY, Ryotsu Shimizu vs. K-ness, Kenichiro Arai
    - Jimmy Kanda, Jimmy Kagetora, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee vs. Yosuke=Santa Maria, Gamma, Stalker Ichikawa
    - Don Fujii, Yuga Hayashi vs. Jimmy Susumu, "Mr. High Tension" Kotoka
    - No DQ: Punch Tominaga vs. CIMA
    - Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Flamita vs. Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin
    - Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: T-Hawk, Eita vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid
    - Loser Revives Captain's Elimination Match: Masato Yoshino, Akira Tozawa, Shingo Tagaki, Uhaa Nation vs. YAMATO, Mondai Ryu, Kzy, and Cyber Kong
    - Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: Naruki Doi (Interim Champion) vs. BxB Hulk (20th Champion)
Millenials are probably going to steal the show in the Twin Gate match once again, but that MAD BLANKEY/MONSTER EXPRESS tag could be crazy

oatgan fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 6, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

Punch Tominaga is incredible btw

This is not entirely the case. Doi is only interim champ because of all the rampant cheating and if BxB Hulk beats him at Dangerous Gate he "retains" he was never champ and Hulk's first title defense is considered successful. They are basically repeating the last fall.

Full Dangerous Gate card:
    - Shachihoko BOY, Ryotsu Shimizu vs. K-ness, Kenichiro Arai
    - Jimmy Kanda, Jimmy Kagetora, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee vs. Yosuke=Santa Maria, Gamma, Stalker Ichikawa
    - Don Fujii, Yuga Hayashi vs. Jimmy Susumu, "Mr. High Tension" Kotoka
    - No DQ: Punch Tominaga vs. CIMA
    - Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Flamita vs. Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin
    - Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: T-Hawk, Eita vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid
    - Loser Revives Captain's Elimination Match: Masato Yoshino, Akira Tozawa, Shingo Tagaki, Uhaa Nation vs. YAMATO, Mondai Ryu, Kzy, and Cyber Kong
    - Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: Naruki Doi (Interim Champion) vs. BxB Hulk (20th Champion)
Millenials are probably going to steal the show in the Twin Gate match once again, but that MAD BLANKEY/MONSTER EXPRESS tag could be crazy

This is Sunday morning at 2am Eastern btw

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

What does Loser Revives mean

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

That 8 man tag sounds almost as ridiculous as the cage match with flags.

It's an elimination tag that ends with a captain is pinned, maybe only by the other captain. If you win a fall, a previously eliminated partner is revived.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Oh yeah, this is on now. Intros to the second match just started if anyone's interested.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!
I notice that the last several shows and the next month's worth of shows don't even feature my beloved Open the Triangle Gate matchups, but I guess it's because September is when Dragon Gate holds their Summer Adventure Tag League tournament. 10 teams divided into two blocks, with a scoring system that's basically identical to the G1 Climax. Unlike the G-1 though, they're not streaming the shows since this tournament basically takes up most of September. Still, 14 shows in 30 days seems pretty hectic. I'm guessing they'll show the good stuff on the Infinity show, but the first night of the tournament is days away and I haven't heard a peep from a soul so much as acknowledging it's even happening.

The final 3 matches of Dangerous Gate were good stuff, as expected, and the lunacy of the Captain's Fall Loser Revives match was apparently received well enough that they're doing it again for their next Korakuen Hall iPPV on Tuesday. Here's the card for that:

-- K-ness & Super Shisa vs Yosuke♡Santa Maria & Yuga Hayashi
-- Uhaa Nation & Shachihoko BOY vs Jimmy Kagetora & "Mr. High Tension" Kotoka
-- Punch Tominaga vs Don Fujii
-- Summer Adventure Tag League B Block: T-Hawk & Eita vs CIMA & Gamma
-- Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Flamita vs. Kzy
-- BxB Hulk, Masaaki Mochizuki & Dragon Kid vs. Akira Tozawa, Masato Yoshino & Shingo Takagi
-- Jimmyz vs. Mad Blankey, Loser Revives Survival Instant Comeback Captain's Fall Elimination Match (they'll decide on captains at bell time, but I'm thinking Jimmy Susumu and YAMATO): Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kanda, Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! vs. YAMATO, Naruki Doi, Cyber Kong, Mondai Ryu

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Didn't even know they had a show tonight until Champ alerted me on twitter. Looks like a fun card, but no way in hell am I going to be able to watch that at 5:30 AM on a worknight.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
The toughest task for T-Hawk and Eita yet will be carrying Gamma and CIMA to a great match. I think they can do it.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
So Shingo Takagi, the next challenger for BxB Hulk, did not break his arm and will likely be okay.

The rumor started after he had a match with Onita.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
So this show is going on in a few hours:

0. K-ness vs. "Mr. High Tension" Kotoka
1. Punch Tominaga, Mondai Ryu vs. Kenichiro Arai, Yuga Hayashi
2. Dragon Kid vs. Mr. Qui Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin
3. Masaaki Mochizuki, Big R Shimizu vs. Jimmy Kanda, Jimmy Kagetora
4. Jimmy Susumu, Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! vs. Masato Yoshino, Shingo Takagi, Shachihoko Boy
5. BxB Hulk, Akira Tozawa vs. YAMATO, Cyber Kong
6. Team Veteran Returns vs. Millenials 4 on 4 All Out War ~ Unit Disbands contra Deportation Match: CIMA, Gamma, Don Fujii, Super Shisa vs. T-Hawk, Eita, Yosuke♡Santa Maria, Flamita
*If VTR win, the Millenials all are sent to Mexico, If the Millenials win, VTR disband

Should be a load of fun. Also should indicate how the rest of the year/the units shake out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

So this show is going on in a few hours:

0. K-ness vs. "Mr. High Tension" Kotoka
1. Punch Tominaga, Mondai Ryu vs. Kenichiro Arai, Yuga Hayashi
2. Dragon Kid vs. Mr. Qui Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin
3. Masaaki Mochizuki, Big R Shimizu vs. Jimmy Kanda, Jimmy Kagetora
4. Jimmy Susumu, Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! vs. Masato Yoshino, Shingo Takagi, Shachihoko Boy
5. BxB Hulk, Akira Tozawa vs. YAMATO, Cyber Kong
6. Team Veteran Returns vs. Millenials 4 on 4 All Out War ~ Unit Disbands contra Deportation Match: CIMA, Gamma, Don Fujii, Super Shisa vs. T-Hawk, Eita, Yosuke♡Santa Maria, Flamita
*If VTR win, the Millenials all are sent to Mexico, If the Millenials win, VTR disband

Should be a load of fun. Also should indicate how the rest of the year/the units shake out.

My new unit ideas:

Jimmyz stay the same because they are good but boring so they are Jimmyz. Millenials stay awesome.

VTR and Mad Blankey disband.

Tozawa leaves MX for Dia Hearts (I dislike that name very much) after Shingo acts like a dick. Shisa joins too because why not.

Shingo doesn't like that everyone was so okay with Akira+Hulk happening so he turns heel and joins YAMATO/Kong/PT/Ryu in a new age Real Hazard.

CIMA, GAMMA and Fuiji join up with the remainder of MX in a pseudo Blood Generation/MX unit.

• Locked thread