Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Oh hey, finally Skyrim for 75% off! Time to grab the DLC for 75% off each and...

God dammit, Bethesda. t:mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Lakbay posted:

I saw dragonborn once on Amazon for $5 but at this point I dread having to reinstall the game + mods.

Asnorban posted:

I've held off on buying the DLC because this pricing has been consistent. I only want Dragonborn (already have the house one) and that alone is the same price as the Legendary edition. Really learned my lesson with not always waiting for the edition of these types of games that has all the DLC in it to be released.

Yeah, I completely missed that amazon sale and I've been hitting myself ever since. It's 6.69 over on Amazon right now, so I may end up buying that instead.

Ceive posted:

The legendary edition is $14. That's the game and dlc right? :)

Yeah, but I already have the base game, and honestly each DLC being almost the same price as the Legendary Edition is downright insulting.

Also, I just checked again to see if the prices had "settled", and the Dragonborn DLC actually went up in price when the deal hit, it's 13.39 now.

Borderlands does the same thing, where getting the DLC is more expensive than getting the game AND the DLC. They could at least give you another copy of the base game to gift, but not even that.

In the end, they're punishing the people who got the game early and paid more money for it. gently caress that poo poo.

Publishers should start doing "update to GOTY" packs, priced at (GOTY - Base Game). I think Civ V does this every sale, and it should become the norm.

VVVVV Exactly

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 1, 2014

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Mortimer posted:

Legacy = Legend?

Is that a "yes $16 for them is good"?

It looks like just buying anniversary underworld legend and the new one comes out to $9, so unless guardian of light is good I might just buy those separately. Thanks for the help.

Guardian of Light is an amazingly fun game, especially if you can get a buddy to do some bro-op.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Chomp8645 posted:

Finally I can use the jsawyer mod, the way the game was meant to be played!

Shut up, I'm not installing this again!

/edit: Also seconding the praise for Blacklist, it's a great stealth game. Haven't really gone 100% guns so I can't really comment on the gunplay, but it _should_ be possible considering gear, specs and level finish bonuses (assault being one).

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 1, 2014

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

poptart_fairy posted:

100% shooty is more than possible. Couple sections enforce stealth, but other than those you can rampage through the levels and play it as Gears of War: Fisher Finally Snapped edition.

I may have a plan for the weekend.

Speaking of, it's weird that we haven't gotten a DLC mission pack yet, considering the gigantic countdown once you finish the game and go back to Paladin.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Palpek posted:

If you people can afford it at 50% OFF get Alien: Isolation. It really owns and not only as an Alien game.

Second, it has fantastic sound design, probably the best in any game I've played - playing this game with headphones is a must.

GhostDog posted:

Done. "Fantastic sound design" sealed the deal, I'm a sucker for that.

The sound is stupidly good, I've been watching an LP over youtube and even with the quality loss it sounds amazing; I'll get it once it drops a few more bucks.

I've read/heard in a bunch of places that the recommended difficulty setting is hard, since on normal the AI is kind of stupid and the game loses a lot of its tension, so anyone getting the game should give it a try on hard at least.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Alien Rope Burn posted:

It's also worth mentioning Nuuvem still has Alien:Isolation for $15~16 if you can fake a virtual Brazilian accent.

I think that ship has sailed, I'm seeing it for 35 bucks. :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

poptart_fairy posted:

It isn't stupid as such. On Hard the Alien will be near you all the time, 'tethered' to you much closer than lower difficulties, and destroy any hiding spots if you use them - regardless of whether or not it would logically know you've been inside. It basically raises the Alien's reaction times while forcing you closer to it at all times.

Ah, good to know, cheers.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Drunk Tomato posted:

Sorry but your opinion is wrong.

Yeah, Alan Wake is a great game and both games for $4 is a loving steal. Go get it.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Shadow of mordor is $16.57 over at Nuuvem.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Accordion Man posted:

You can also preorder MGS Ground Zeroes for around $9 . I know Nuuvem is legit, but is MGS region locked? Because I'll probably get it for that price if its not.

Huh. Looks like Steam is region locking everything. I was checking Nuuvemn's page for region info, did a google search and found this.

So I just did a test run with buying revengeance as a gift in Steam (I already own it), and I got this notice:

quote:

Notice: Gift purchases for Metal Gear Rising can only be added to the gift recipient's library if they are in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Bahamas, Belize, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Paraguay, Suriname, El Salvador, Uruguay and Venezuela.

No idea how that would affect Nuuvem sales (I'm in Argentina, so I'm probably good).

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

The Joe Man posted:

It's going to depend on if the new mass region-locking also includes keys or not (which I have no idea).

If it's only affecting things bought from the Steam storefront, things might not be totally boned.

Still sucks though.

Yeah, I was reading and the Steam notice only mentions gifts, so it's probably to prevent people from doing the whole "other region buying".

Nuuvem gives you keys, but I have no idea if those are region locked or what, and since I'm from the same region as Nuuvem itself (South America) I can't test it.
^^^^^ looks like keys work.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 18, 2014

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I was hoping for Rocksmith 2014 for $15 (it's already been $15 at some point). Oh well.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

tater_salad posted:

Theres like 2 weeks of sales.

Yeah, I know, but it's already a daily so the price won't go lower. I'll nab it off Amazon if they drop it to $15.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Geographica posted:

I didn't think AC: Unity was in the UK store, but it seems to be on sale.

ACIV: Black Flag is down to £5. I don't have Uplay installed, and I've heard a lot of nightmare stories - is it worth the hassle on PC, when I could just get it on 360/Wii U?

The only real issue I had with Uplay was when downloading Blacklist (I have it on Uplay, not on Steam): it downloads the game first, then installs it, and then it downloaded and installed 4 different patches before I could play the drat thing. I'm guessing this is avoided if you download and install the game through Steam and just "validate" it on Uplay.

With Steam games that use Uplay, though (Farcry 3, AC Revelations, Driver SF), I haven't had a single issue, it just loads up Uplay when you launch the game and you can close it once you're done.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Terminally Bored posted:

Oh, hell. Nuuvem just updated. If I'm reading the google translate right it looks like the keys won't appear until 29th. They're giving refunds now.

Yeah, you can wait until the 29th, or write to them at suporte@nuuvem.com.br for a refund.

/edit: Also, I complained yesterday about Rocksmith not being 15 bucks. Turns out it's $15 on Uplay, activates on Steam. Go learn how to play guitar!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

odiv posted:

So what the hell is up with the relationship stuff in Sleeping Dogs? It's so terrible.

I sing karaoke with a hostess a couple of times, solidly in 1st or 2nd date territory. Then some guy tells me she's cheating on me and instead of saying, "What do you mean cheating? I barely know her," I say something like, "That bitch!" Then I bug a phone, tail her to her boyfriend, and we have a fight like we've been dating for a couple of years?

What the gently caress!?

That sidequest is completely out of character and I have no idea why the gently caress they thought it was a good idea. The other flings are "better" in that regard, but that one is just plain awful.

/edit: ^^^^^ that makes a bit more sense

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

NeoSeeker posted:

Question. If I wanted to buy the new Xcom series would I have to buy both games or is Enemy Within standalone? It's half off right now. EW is 15 bucks. But the package that contains everything, including DLC is like 25 dollars.

I see the complete pack for $18.99? Also, it may still go a bit lower, according to this it's been as low as 12.49.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I just realized Strike Suit Zero is 75% off; I've been wanting to try it out, what's the goon veredict? Also, what's the difference with the director's cut? They're both the same price.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Wow, 3 for 3 on the nays. Thanks for saving me 5 bucks!

I'll do some research on Darkstar One, the trailer looked nice enough.

Also, I love weird bundles; the game is 1.99, and then there's this:

Gaben posted:

Buy Patricians and Merchants
Includes 3 items: Darkstar One, Patrician III, The Great Art Race
HOLIDAY SALE! Offer ends 2 January
$1.99

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Palpek posted:

If you already played Chaos Theory or have a hard time going back to older action games - Blacklist is a really good and underrated game that is basically second best in the series. It allows for a big variety of playstyles, the gameplay itself is polished and tight, enemy ai is cool and the maps are pretty open. This title basically lets you approach missions however you want and it will be always fun for different reasons.

It also has a fuckload of missions: the campaign itself has a good length, but then you have a bunch of side ops and what's neat about those is that while each "set" of missions can be tackled in your favourite playstyle, most of them "encourage" you to try out new styles: Grim's missions are more ghost-friendly, Brigg's are co-op, Charlie's wear assault on their sleeve, and the other dude's are mostly "clean the map" panther style.

Also, it looks loving fantastic.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Morter posted:

Blacklist is my first Splinter Cell game and a damned good one at that. I was afraid that, as with most stealth games, it would stunt the amount of lethal measures and options I could take, but I was, pleasantly, very wrong. Supposedly, even though it's too "actiony" for some people (Including Michael Ironside), Blacklist seems to get good scores from veterans of the series because it gives you the option to either leave others undisturbed and alive (There is an achievement for going through the ENTIRE campaign without killing anyone) or hunting everyone down if you'd like, with several gadgets made for each playstyle (ie: proximity shockers vs proximity mines).

Yeah, I got the "No kill" achievement.

I really liked that they give you the option now; you even get an extra bonus for leaving enemies undisturbed (you can lure them away with gadgets, but not knock them out) which is an extra incentive to ghost an area instead of just gassing everyone.

I liked Conviction but, at least to me, it played more like the Batman Arkham games: most encounters were "clear the room" types, where you went around terrorizing helpless terrists and knocking them out/killing them, and since the game didn't really penalize you for killing people, you could do a takedown and then Mark & Execute everyone in the room. It was fun, but it didn't feel like SC.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Mr. Fortitude posted:

The only things against Blacklist is that the hanging plot threads from Conviction is never resolved and that the story is a paranoid right wing nutjob's sexual fantasy. Sam is such a completely different character in mannerisms that the protagonist should have been someone new entirely, like Briggs or something.

On the other hand, Kobin is hilarious and I hope they bring him back next game.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Mr. Fortitude posted:

On the other hand, they kind of did a 180 with his character too. He was a sinister rear end in a top hat who turned the co-op players against each other in the Conviction co-op campaign and now he's a well meaning, lovable rogue who gets poo poo on all the time by Sam. I like his character in Blacklist but it doesn't really mesh with how he was depicted earlier in the series either.

Point. I never played the co-op missions though, so I only knew him from Conviction's first mission (I can't really remember if he showed up after that).

I do miss Sam's dry humour though. :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
^^^^^^ Those are Charlie's. They're a pain in the arse to try and ghost, they're the most "assault-y" of the side ops.

CJacobs posted:

It somehow did not click with me that he was played by Elias Toufexis until like the end of the game. The whole time I was like "Man WHERE do I know his voice from???" and then I felt real dumb.

...:doh:

Dude's awesome, he loves Deus Ex and played it a bunch of times. He did a recording of himself playing with himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flszuT3ROdo&t=233s :v: (3:53 for the funny bit).

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Soooooooo I should be buying Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and Papers, Please, right?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Authorman posted:

Probably not since all morally correct people already own both of these games and two copies will do you no good.

Malek posted:

Don't admit to buying these in this sale.
You should have them now...
Oh, look at that, I was mistaken, I had them all along! I'm totally not buying them right now! :ninja:

Tippis posted:

Yes and yes, in that order. For VtM, you should probably also visit the thread to pick up the patches and mods that make it work properly.

Ah, cheers, I was looking for the thread earlier and couldn't find it.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Crosspostin' from the X-mas thread because Palpel would want me to.

Alien: Isolation is $15 at Nuuvem.

Merry Christmas, you bitch.

/edit: Well, gently caress, it's region locked to South America. Sorry. :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Shadowrun hasn't been a daily yet, right?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I might have exaggerated that point, but literally everybody is an rear end in a top hat in that game, the main character included.

No kidding, the post-credits scenes with Amita or Sabal, after you get dumped back in the game world, makes them both completely assholes. At least you can shoot them in the face. :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Pirate Jet posted:

Is The Evil Within better on PC or PS4?

Please no snarky "neither" replies.

I'd say PC so you can get rid of the loving letterboxing and get it running in 60fps.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Hellburger99 posted:

I'd say PS4 because who in the gently caress has 4 gigs of video card RAM?!

Huh. I have 2 gb video RAM (660ti), and it ran quite well with the letterboxing removed (which adds quite a bit of renderable area). I was hitting 45~50 fps instead of 60, but at 30 I was running it maxed out.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
A few pages ago people were mentioning a... I think it was a Chrome Extension? For listing cards/icons/etc on the market instead of having to do it by hand; anyone remember the name? I can't seem to find it.

/edit: VVVVVVVV Cheers! :tipshat:

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 26, 2014

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
"Not started"
"Started"
"Finished" (main story)
"Completed" (unlocked everything/most everything)
"Abandoned"
"poo poo" (bundle chaff)
"Endless"
"MP"
"Quickies"

But, I usually have grid mode on so it doesn't matter much in the end. It's kinda useful when looking for something to install, I guess.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ah Map posted:

Is warhammer dawn of war 2 retribution the warhammer 40k game people like the best?For some reason I have trouble remembering.Also is it worth getting the master collection if I get it since it doubles the price?

DoW2 and Chaos Rising are loving awesome and -in my opinion- worth getting the master collection. I have Retribution but haven't played it yet; it comes with campaigns for all races, but I think the maps are the same for all campaigns, so that may cut a bit into replayability.

Also, if you can get a buddy to play with you, do it, it's great fun.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

A satiric contemplative game, of course.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

gypsyshred posted:

I like dumb city sandbox games (GTA, Saints Row, ect). Would I like Watch Dogs? I've heard mixed reviews. And does it really need an i7 cpu? I have a i3 @ 3.3 Ghz and a GTX 760, would I be ok to even run it, or are the suggested sys reqs mostly bs?

Get Sleeping Dogs instead. Fan-loving-tastic game.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Maaaaaaaaaaan, gently caress FTL.

I was having a great run, got to sector 4 without incidend.

loving ASSHOLES posted:

Intruders on board

Crew wipe in like 10 seconds.

:negative:

/edit: I just realized I made over 6 bucks selling cards. I can now buy Dragonfall just with my card money. Feels good man.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Burning Rain posted:

Which one of these would be best in local co-op with my SO whose reflexes/controller handling skills lag behind mine due to not wasting their lives on video games? To me the different skill levels is always the biggest problem with local multi.

The LEGO games, for sure. Maybe Trine, and Don't Starve Together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I seriously need to stop mistaking flash sales for daily deals. :doh:

Hm... How's Amalur? Is it a single player MMO as I've read?

• Locked thread