Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Do they have an allergy to pants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Velvet Sundown is actually pretty fun. I roll the thief so I'm just going about and schmoozing. I'm approached by the undercover agent who wants me to steal some data. I steal it and sell it to him and then tase him as soon as I get paid.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Hat Thoughts posted:

It's a pretty neat game with a lot of rough edges.

Someone said earlier but this would make a load more money as a five or 10 dollar game then it will as a subscription based game. It just makes no sense for them to do this.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

evilmiera posted:

I think the bit that got me was in the intro, where a guy asks you why you always smell like cheap whiskey lately, right as you're walking out of a bar. No clue, guy.

I got killed five minutes in by sassing a black man then challenging him to a fight.

10/10

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

NeoSeeker posted:

Is horror basically dead?

Yes. These days there isn't a whole lot of suspenseful horror out there and the advent of scarecam lpers means that people want jump scares and people reacting to them.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

A Bystander posted:

Whatever anyone answers with, don't pick Punisher as your starter unless you hate yourself or like working harder than everyone else for average damage.

Just choose Luke Cage for maximum Blacksploitation.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

And of course Syrg is the only person on my friends list that has it.

SynthOrange posted:

Long Live the Queen is actually pretty decent and is surprisingly complex.

CommissarMega posted:

And so is Magical Diary. I also like the Sunrider beta access, but mostly because it has mechs. It has some naughty scenes in it (but hey, mechs), so if that's not your bag, pass it up.

And neither of these are by Winter Wolves. Coincidence about these two being good? I think not.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Cyborg Franky posted:

Uh, did they give Ultra Street Fighter IV for free to the owners of the previous SF? I have no memory of buying it, and it isn't even showing up in my Steam account history, but yet I appear to own it.

Haven't they set it up so that SFIV shows up as USF IV while not putting in any of the improvements?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Well personally, I found Kel to be pretty shallow in how it went about things.

EDIT: Not that the humor is shallow or anything but the gameplay itself is pretty shallow.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 18, 2014

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Pretty short turnaround from when it was announced.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/victoria-complete-bundle/

Neat, this bundle is Victoria Complete, Victoria II and all of the expansions and cosmetic dlc. Five bucks which is a nice price.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

The funny bit is that's just a waste of money since Minecraft is on every platform now -- and Mojang knows their time is up. They won't ever do anything of worth so might as well get bought by a high price.

Honestly, it's pretty smart of them to do this. I don't think it's on a Nintendo platform but honestly, it's on so many platforms that it really doesn't matter if it's not on one of them.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I'm not sure just how Obsidian hosed up the mouse controls in Alpha Protocol like they did. I was getting massive input lag then switched to a controller and had no issues after that.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

Actually, it just shows that some content creators are willing to leave their comfort zones and embrace other cultures and other ways of life with open hearts, and make an effort to understand the depth behind Japanese art and try to attain that same depth in their own work. Maybe you should tone down the racism...

If he toned down the racism then he'd appreciate the nuanced story and lovingly presented anime titties?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Or you could play FF9, a genuinely good game that is really underrated by the fanbase.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Dear god you're right.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Acquire Currency! posted:

This here thread could use more anime posts and anyone who says otherwise is a loser

A bitch rear end loser

The only anime posts allowed are Cromartie High School because that is actually good and not creepy poo poo.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

It's a shame that so many fun looking multiplayer games are local only. Between that and Gang Beasts, both look great but you can't exactly play them whenever you want.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

I got Lego Marvel for my son and I was not expecting it to be so well made, it is pretty great :)

It's a fantastic amount of fun with a massive roster.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

God drat, why did it take me so long to start playing Gunslinger? Just so satisfying.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I really liked Dragon Age: Origins, but man gently caress that Deep Road. If there's a mod that makes that at least half as long, install it. I did that area last and it was the sloggiest slog. Basically if you liked Neverwinter Nights 2 then you totally have the patience for Dragon Age.

NWN2 OC maybe but DA:O cannot scratch Mask of the Betrayer.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Something that I've heard is that Bulletstorm on Origin doesn't use GFWL. And if you buy Bulletstorm on steam then you get an origin key.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Palpek posted:

This is it, the ultimate feature that Origin has over Steam is not having GFWL.

Nope, turns out that it still needs GFWL. And I can't even get it working because it cracks the shits that I dare to use an offline account.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

New Blink Bundle https://www.blinkbundle.com/

5 bucks for

Gimbal
Residue: Final Cut
Trace Vector
Muri
Unmechanical
Type:Rider
Mysterious Cities of Gold
Space Ark
The Howler

No idea how worthwhile this bundle is.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, I didn't know it was a budget game. Has Platinum ever done that before? Anyway, they seem like an odd choice for a licensed game like this.

Wasn't Anarchy Reigns a pretty budget title?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/destiny-bundle/

New Bundlestars bundle. Nothing amazing and it has your regular intake of WINTER WOLVES! but Warring States looks pretty sweet. It's a turn based strategy based in the Warring States period of Chinese history. I'll totally buy the bundle for it and then maybe give out some of the others.

FATE: THE TRAITOR SOUL (Comes with original Fate and Undiscovered Realms)
HAEGEMONIA DOUBLE PACK
POST MASTER
COMMANDO JACK
BATTLEPLAN: AMERICAN CIVIL WAR
WARRING STATES TACTICS
ZOO PARK
NICOLE (OTOME VERSION) DELUXE EDITION

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

Weird, considering it's third person and not first :v:

Pedantry aside, Binary Domain was one of my favorite games of 2012, so it always pleases me when people try it out and fall in love with it.

Not to mention that Big Bo is just such a likable dude.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Seeing a bunch of nerds being babies about Sword of the Samurai being on steam and bitching about it being old and expensive. I mean it hasn't aged particularily well but if it wasn't for SOTS then Crusader Kings II and the Total War series would have never existed.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

And Presequel is still full of it.

It's just full of a ton of Australian cultural references the rest of the world won't get at all.

Australian cultural references from Americans. The thing with Aussie humour is that we love loving with people and do it because we can. Otherwise it's your typical british black comedy but with more swearing and accents.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Is it wrong that I want this just because of how lovely it looks? I guess I'll wait for reviews and find out if it's the good or bad kind of lovely.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

So apparently Paranautical Activity comes out of early access and is getting a full release. Please don't buy Paranautical Activity.

This is something that the dev said on the steam forum

quote:

You should rate PA reviews (and write your own!)
As some of you may have noticed, ALL the PA reviews that show up on the store page are negative, despite almost all of the reviews we have being positive. This is a leftover from when there was a bit of friction in the community and reddit decided they hated us for a day.

I wouldn't mind so much if they were people that just hated the game, but it's pretty much exclusively people just saying "gently caress THE DEVS" (which isn't totally unjustified, but sucks for us and unhelpful for buyers)

It would be immensely helpful if some of you would take the time to rate down flame reviews, and rate up some legitimate ones (positive or negative), and maybe write a review of your own.

I feel like a real piece of poo poo coming on here and basically begging for reviews, but it's just eating me up inside knowing that our reviews section is just totally useless

This is in regards to them saying that their next update would be the final one despite not adding in co-op support (which they had been advertising and using as a selling point long after they knew it wasn't feasible), not having added in occulus rift support (which they are contractucally obligated to add since that was part of their successful kickstarter/Indie Go Go) and being gigantic shitheads about the whole thing and being open about cutting and running. So he's saying "we don't want this bad publicity, you guys who bought our game do something about this" and them just doing it because people on the steam forums are loving morons for the most part.

Also, don't buy it because it's voxel based garbage that has already been obsoleted by Tower of Guns which is a genuinely good game.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The Dark One posted:

Wasn't it written and developed by Aussies?

Anthony Burch was still a writer. And it's Australian humour that is put through an American filter for non-Australian tastes.
Think of it like Fosters beer.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

Also you need to have played the game (ie: have bought it) to leave a review and it shows how long you've played it on the review, so you can easily verify that it's not because reddit bombed the game page for a day on a lark.

It's all just refusing to take criticism for making promises that they never intended to keep (once more they knew that multiplayer wouldn't be possible to be implemented in November of 2013, they were advertising that co-op would be coming until May this year until they revealed that they were done with development of the game) and then their developers were such shithead divas on the forums and on twitter that it burnt a lot of good will that they might have gotten if they'd just been honest about it.

EDIT: Holy poo poo wow, one of the devs even left a positive recommendation on their store page.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/spooderw/recommended/250580/

Testekill fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 20, 2014

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Palpek posted:

I'm still playing Alien: Isolation, it still owns.

I like that the Alien is just like "Well well well, look who has just ran out of ammo"

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

It's so beautiful. I was just posting about it yesterday to convince people not to buy it because the guy and the game are pieces of poo poo. And then this happens, just no words.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I don't know what I did to Steam to deserve this but it's telling me that I'd like Brink. Why would you even say that?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Xtanstic posted:

Nuveem is legit right? Brazilian CD Key website. I'm thinking of picking up Shadows of Mordor there for 30$ (https://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2060-middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor)

Nuuvem is completely legit.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Ekster posted:

Note that The Path is made by Tale of Tales, a Belgian company that specifically makes art games, in the sense that the 'art' comes before the game. It goes as well as you might expect.

Ah yes the developers of Bientôt l'été, I'll allow my recommendation of it to show my opinions.

quote:

Jesus Christ, I don't even know what is going on in this game. You walk on a beach and words pop up then you go and play some weird chess person with someone online exceps nobody in their right mind would play this online. So you put up with a passive aggressive AI who complains about you constantly drinking wine.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Would love if they ported the sequel somehow. I enjoyed that one more than the original although the first one is good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've heard a lot of bad things about Valkyria Chronicles 2.

The vast majority of complaints about VC2 is that it was released on the PSP and that the story leans more towards slice of life anime stuff alongside the war story. Maps are also smaller thanks to the hardware restrictions but there are far more class upgrades and such available.

• Locked thread