Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:

What a lovely maid costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Daily Forecast posted:

Jedi Academy
292X4-ZX6FW-KE5II

Grabbed this, thanks!

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Don't know if there's a better thread for it, but has anyone gotten the current humble mobile bundle? Are those games worth playing at all?

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

What are the best / most recommended dlcs for CK2? I've been wanting to play as Vikings, so I'll probably get that one at least. Any others that really stand out? There's too many of em :effort:

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

I'd be all over this if it weren't for the fact I replayed the games not too long ago. Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus are such great games.
Except when you're trying to save everyone :argh:

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Re batteries:

Check and mate :smug:

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Did they disable comments because everyone kept telling them what a ludicrous amount of paste they were using?

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Is there a good website that can alert you if a certain game goes on sale somewhere for a set % or dollares?

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Wamdoodle posted:

Here: http://isthereanydeal.com You can even import your wishlist and it'll send you an email to let you know. Better than the Steam Store which, for me at least, has done that once or twice.

Cheers :)

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

This reminds me of that lilypod boob pic.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

I enjoyed both Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two souls. I like to click on things and click just at the right time and be told I clicked well.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

I just started playing Dragon's Dogma, and seem to remember someone or several people mentioning that at one point the pawn(s) ask how much they should talk, and one of the things you can reply makes the pawns really annoying. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Awesome! posted:

wrong place but iirc you can sit down with your pawns and change their dialog settings at a table somewhere in the first town

My bad. Thanks though.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Skyrim is seeing a dragon and then you get to a town and a lot of people will give you quests to go underground and fight zombies and then eventually after fighting a lot of zombies you get to another town where maybe the main quest is updated and there are more people that want you to go underground and fight zombies and maybe kill some dragons and get killed by some bears and yell at people.
Rinse and repeat for 30 hours and then you start playing a different game because you're a vampire lord but who gives a poo poo because people still want you to go underground and fight zombies.

Or at least that was my experience.

Fake edit: sorry, I meant draugr, not zombie.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Palpek posted:

Was this posted yet? Because it's really good:

Wanna see a screenshot of what that actually looks like. I'm picturing the person casting the spell and instead of a visual effect you just get that text blinking at you and the target dying.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:wtc:

Sometimes I... I just don't like anime :(

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

My nemesis in Shadow of Mordor for the longest time was an Orc called Bolg the Brain-damaged. He had a metal plate covering most of his head, and whenever he saw me he would snarl, drool, spit and scream, and generally spaz the gently caress out. He managed to kill me quite a lot of times with his poison-tipped spears, so he ended up being immune to most things that could have made it easier to kill him. I both hated and loved him.
Later on my nemesis became a drunken orc who also had trouble speaking properly, although not to the same extent as Bolg. I didn't have the heart to kill him for a long time. His drunken rambling threats were too enjoyable.

Toward the end of the game I sadly ended up with yet another nemesis who was just called Blabla the hateful or some such. He was vulnerable to combat finishers, so the big showdown when going to face the big bad boss was over before it really started, as I was far too powerful for him to present the slightest bit of challenge :(

Such an enjoyable game.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Underwhelmed posted:

. It's almost as if there is a constant battle to prove who hates every game more than everyone else.

Psssh, do you even hate games?? :rolleyes:
Name 10 games you hate if you really are a Hater.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Lord Lambeth posted:

Bejeweled™ 3

This'd be cool, if you still have it?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/poorkitten/

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Palpek posted:

Hahaha I noticed this as a weeklong sale - Stay Dead Evolution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssd5eDIwSSc

What the hell?

Oh cool, a game that consists entirely of Heavy Rain-type fight scenes. Awesome!

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Thanks to Lord Lambeth for Bejeweled 3! Looking forward to develop a new ocd.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's so good, one of the best puzzle games. It's just got so much polish. Let me know what you think of the Diamond Mine mode and/or Butterfly mode.

Diamond mine mode is definitely the most fun mode so far. That being said, I kinda suck at this game :v:

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Freak Futanari posted:

I can't wait for this game, to come out on PC.

Have you considered renting out your account's family sharing slots to people who don't want certain games showing up in their permanent history? There's probably a market for that.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Steam requirements posted:

Processor: Pentium 4, Athlon 64 or later

Seems a bit extravagant.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

So using VPN for Nuuvem (or other regional suppliers) and Netflix etc., which providers would you guys recommend?

I use https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ and it works well. It's pretty much just install and go.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Is there a website that lets one sort their games by expected playtime? Sort of like howlongtobeat but without having to add the games manually.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Anyone know how many players Abyss Odyssey's local coop supports?

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Is it worth the effort to get and play one or more Metal Gear Solids if you haven't played any of the games since the first one, and you don't care that much about Kojima's obsession with butts and boobs?
They sound like they can be a lot of fun, but then I see poo poo like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CB3LLJpg1A and I lose pretty much any desire to try them out.

I guess what I'm asking is, what is the general fun and hilarious gameplay to awkward creepy poo poo ratio?

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Has anyone played the Baba Yaga dlc for Rise of the Tomb Raider? Is it worth the price? I'm kinda assuming that all of the other dlcs are not worth having.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Xander77 posted:

Over the last 2-3 months, it feels as though no steam games went on sale for more than 90%?

None of the games on my wishlist have had more than a 75% discount since they removed flash-sales.
Starpoint Gemini 2, which I added a couple days ago and was on sale this weekend, is the first game I've seen with an 80% discount.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

I have a Space itch that I'm looking to scratch. Can someone tell me which of these games are good / the better one?
-Rebel Galaxy
-X3 Terran conflict
-Starpoint Gemini 2

In addition I figured I'll splurge this sale and get not just one game for my backlog, but two. Can someone please convince me to choose one of the following?
-Lovers in a dangerous space time
-This war of mine
-Mini metro

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

a7m2 posted:

me too please. i only have an hour logged so far but i play every now and then and love comparing scores

http://steamcommunity.com/id/behind-anime-lines

also people who have infinifactory please add me

Added you. People with Infinifactory please add me as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/poorkitten/

I want to see how unoptimized my builds are.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Mierenneuker posted:

Baldur's Gate 1 has a couple items hidden in the environment and what used to be the fastest way to find them was to display the X and Y coordinates of the cursor position. If you didn't have the guide with the coordinates for items it was pretty impossible to find them. Now, I don't think any of them were remotely essential, but it's just another case of where the ability to display objects is a godsend. No one ever liked pixel hunting.

That ring of wizardry or whatever it was on the third screen or so. So vital for mages; So annoying to look for when you didn't have coordinates on hand :sweatdrop:

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Is there a way to make inventory management not clunky in DA:I, or did they seriously manage to recreate the success that was ME1 inventory elegance?

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Nice :eyepop:

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

frozenpeas posted:

Is Helldivers worth picking up if I don't have anyone to play with? Is the community any good? Can I play it solo?

I've only played it couch coop, so can't say anything about the community, but I would definitely not bother playing it solo.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

When I eventually get around to playing Pillars of Eternity, is there a reason to own The White March prior to the main campaign because of fun items or missions or the like, or is it strictly a post main campaign dlc?

Shaking lemur butt fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 1, 2016

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Kanfy posted:

It's not post-game, there's a certain minimum level you need to access the DLC areas (I think like 7 or 8 or so for Part 1?) but after that you can go there whenever and you can bring all the items and companions from them back to the main game.

That said if you do go into them with high-level characters you get the option to scale their difficulty up, but that's completely optional.

Good to know, thanks!

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Deakul posted:

DAO is awesome, definitely worth playing especially for the origin story system it has.

DAI... I'm struggling, really struggling to keep interested in it.
I have about 30 hours with it and I keep putting it off for extended periods after long play sessions and I have to practically force myself to go back toit.
The story is such a clusterfuck in the way it's presented that I'm finding it hard to get even a little immersed into it.
The characters all seem like over the top caricatures, like Bioware dialed up their ~uniqueness~ to 11 and then decided to make an LOLSORANDUMB elf girl named Sera to cap it off.
The combat is loving terrible, it feels like it wants to be a hack and slash ARPG but is stuck in its pseudo PNP ways so it has some sort of unholy hybrid system in place and it's just loving awful.
Then there's the quest system, hooooo boy, there's Facebook-esque quests that you set and forget until you get a notification at some point that the people you sent are done... ok I can deal with that cause it was in AssCreed.
But, then there's this Power system where you literally need to grind the millions of lovely collect-rabbit-dick-quests and close breaches to build up enough power to start the next REAL quest, what a pain in the gently caress especially since later quests cost A LOT of god damned power so have fun grinding those thousands of fetch quests.

On the other hand... the lore is interesting to read, the loot system is ok, the game is very pretty, the crafting is fun, and the voice acting is great.

I just got to Skyhold too, tell me... anyone... can I do anything at all to make the game more fun? I'm playing as an elf mage... I wish the game had kept the dual class system of DAO so I could make her a bit more bearable.

I've got almost the same problem. I started playing it back before summer really set in and played quite a bit. Started losing interest in it, mainly because of the quest-nonsense you mentioned, and then went on vacation for a couple of weeks. When I got back I didn't feel like picking it back up at all.

The combat is so underwhelming. And the inventory system is just as lovely and frustrating as Mass Effect 1's.
DA2 was pretty lovely when it came to the reused maps, but at least the combat was a lot of fun imo. DA:I feels kinda like an mmo without any other players, both when it comes to quests and fights.

I've been at Skyhold for a while, and it doesn't really get any better.

I think my biggest mistake was playing DA:I after playing Witcher 3.

Shaking lemur butt fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

Is there a website that keeps track of which games you have on various services?
Yesterday I discovered that I own a couple of games on a service I didn't even remember existed.

• Locked thread