Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'd love a key but I don't think I'd actually get anywhere to be of any use.

I like how it looks though, how does the coop work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

nftyw posted:

Posting this in the hopes that I grow a brain right afterwards and solve it.

That usually happens to me when I ask for help with something, but in case it doesn't, players aren't crushed by boxes and you can push them over their heads.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

Spiderdrake posted:

I'd love a key but I don't think I'd actually get anywhere to be of any use.

I like how it looks though, how does the coop work?

Well tough poo poo, you're getting one anyway.

Co-op is either local same-keyboard (or two controllers) drop in at any time, or online.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Looks pretty cool! My e-mail is this username at gmail. I will break your code from the inside out.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:
Sure lets do it.

Who doesn't like dumb puzzle games??

Edit: Oh poo poo this is co-op? Is it possible to get two, would like to play it with my girlfriend. Disregard, has local multiplayer.

Mellow_ fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jul 19, 2014

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

AuxPriest posted:

Sure lets do it.

Who doesn't like dumb puzzle games??

Edit: Oh poo poo this is co-op? Is it possible to get two, would like to play it with my girlfriend.

yup, check your messages again

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy
Hitler was a not good man

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

Save Russian Jews posted:

Hitler was a not good man

http://www.clickhole.com/video/video-seems-silly-it-makes-good-point-264

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!
There seems to be an issue with the secret level in Earheart's Alcove (1-8). After beating the secret level (1-S), the next level number doesn't reset, so the game thinks I'm still in the secret level even with the new level loaded. When I restart the level, it takes me back to the secret level and when I beat the new level, it just reloads it from the beginning when I try to continue.

Hitting restart after entering the secret level brings me back to 1-8 after completing the secret level; hitting continue takes me to 1-9 after, but the bug occurs either way.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I played the game for about an hour just now and I liked it. The art is well done and the sprites are cute and its cool how you get different dialog when you read the notes with either character. Still early, but the puzzles seem to be easing me in well enough. One thing is I got a stuck on 2-4 for a bit because I didn't get that bombs can also be used as platforms. I dunno maybe throw a note in there about that. Also, please switch the jump and swap character buttons as my finely honed gamer reflexes constantly make me press space to jump. I will probably play more tomorrow and give me further impressions. Thanks for the code btw.

Jiro Kage
Aug 6, 2003

PICKLE SURPRISE!

Texmo posted:

So anyway I need people to help break my lovely code. If you post in this thread I'll PM (or email) you a Steam code for Wyv and Keep, as long as you promise to post here and tell me why it sucks.
Or don't promise, whatever, i'll give you one anyway.

I will help try and break your game!

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

voltron lion force posted:

I played the game for about an hour just now and I liked it. The art is well done and the sprites are cute and its cool how you get different dialog when you read the notes with either character. Still early, but the puzzles seem to be easing me in well enough. One thing is I got a stuck on 2-4 for a bit because I didn't get that bombs can also be used as platforms. I dunno maybe throw a note in there about that. Also, please switch the jump and swap character buttons as my finely honed gamer reflexes constantly make me press space to jump. I will probably play more tomorrow and give me further impressions. Thanks for the code btw.

Check the options menu, you can customize the keys.
Also, thanks for the feedback :)

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Let me take a look at this business and I'll see about breaking it over my knee giving you constructive feedback.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I had a weird bug where after dying in stage 1-S over and over and then finally completing it with as much loot as I could get away with, the next stage 1-9 was listed as 1-S and completing it just started the stage over again. I had to get out of there to the world map to make things better.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

blakelmenakle posted:

There seems to be an issue with the secret level in Earheart's Alcove (1-8). After beating the secret level (1-S), the next level number doesn't reset, so the game thinks I'm still in the secret level even with the new level loaded. When I restart the level, it takes me back to the secret level and when I beat the new level, it just reloads it from the beginning when I try to continue.

Hitting restart after entering the secret level brings me back to 1-8 after completing the secret level; hitting continue takes me to 1-9 after, but the bug occurs either way.

nftyw posted:

I had a weird bug where after dying in stage 1-S over and over and then finally completing it with as much loot as I could get away with, the next stage 1-9 was listed as 1-S and completing it just started the stage over again. I had to get out of there to the world map to make things better.

Dammit I thought I'd fixed that secret crap. Thanks for the heads up.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Also it is kinda funny to see Wyv start going into his idle pose and have tears gushing from nowhere when Keep got speared. More of a small time graphical bug though.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
I'm playing the game with a 360 pad, but the controls for the keyboard show up for the tutorial tips. Is that normal?

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Is your game a good game to play drunk?

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

nftyw posted:

Also it is kinda funny to see Wyv start going into his idle pose and have tears gushing from nowhere when Keep got speared. More of a small time graphical bug though.

I should probably take this out, but I don't really want to, because funny.

Ryuga Death posted:

I'm playing the game with a 360 pad, but the controls for the keyboard show up for the tutorial tips. Is that normal?

Yes, and it's mostly because I'm lazy. That's something we really ought to have though, so will probably add it in sometime soon.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I heard there was poop in this game.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

Klaus Kinski posted:

Is your game a good game to play drunk?

Probably not, unless you've got a buddy drinking with you and you can yell at each other for screwing up, but why not find out anyway?

Bieeardo posted:

I heard there was poop in this game.

There is, if you suck badly enough at a level you get a crap rating.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, it happened again. I beat 2-S by mistake and selected "restart" and it moved onto the next level while still thinking it's stage 2-S.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Texmo posted:

Probably not, unless you've got a buddy drinking with you and you can yell at each other for screwing up, but why not find out anyway?

There are other ways to play games than drunk couch co-op? Will report back with results.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Texmo posted:

There is, if you suck badly enough at a level you get a crap rating.

Stand back, time to make myself a crown and throne of the stuff!

And thanks. :)

Bieeanshee fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jul 19, 2014

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

nftyw posted:

Oh, it happened again. I beat 2-S by mistake and selected "restart" and it moved onto the next level while still thinking it's stage 2-S.

I think I've fixed this; just pushed an update to Steam, so either it'll show up on it's own in the next hour or so, or you can restart steam to get it now.
Of course, having done this, I'm sure I'll have just broken ten other things in the process, becuase 'pro' gramming.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ohhh I remember Wyv and Keep way back (reading about it on SA, anyway). I'll give it a try!! Dunno if I'll find anything gamebreaking but I did just get stuck in an endless dialogue loop in Cognition so anything is possible.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009
Give me free poo poo that I'll never play, god bless.

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

Can I please try?

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Played for a little bit. The game is very fun, but man, these time ratings are harsh. I feel like I'm speeding through levels and still end up with a silver or stone rating. I guess I'll have to try harder!

I did have to spend a bit of time remapping the controls because I found out that mapping something to a key that's already bound to something else doesn't swap the key, so say if you bind one character's movement to D, and the other character's movement is already bound to that, you'll end up moving both characters at the same time. It'd probably be a good idea to have the game check if a key is already bound, and if it is, swap it with the key you want to bind to an action so that you don't accidentally end up with multiple actions bound to one key. I'd also put all of the controls under one menu with headers to separate them so you can see all of your controls at once.

Haven't run into any bugs just yet, but if I run into that secret level bug, I'll post about it here.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Texmo posted:

That usually happens to me when I ask for help with something, but in case it doesn't, players aren't crushed by boxes and you can push them over their heads.

Hmm maybe you should add some details in tutorial pages on some of these stages, maybe have that explorer dude write about his assistant who he uses to shove the box over. Also same with the dynamite in 2-4 since you use it in such a unorthodox way there.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

Shlapintogan posted:

Played for a little bit. The game is very fun, but man, these time ratings are harsh. I feel like I'm speeding through levels and still end up with a silver or stone rating. I guess I'll have to try harder!

I did have to spend a bit of time remapping the controls because I found out that mapping something to a key that's already bound to something else doesn't swap the key, so say if you bind one character's movement to D, and the other character's movement is already bound to that, you'll end up moving both characters at the same time. It'd probably be a good idea to have the game check if a key is already bound, and if it is, swap it with the key you want to bind to an action so that you don't accidentally end up with multiple actions bound to one key. I'd also put all of the controls under one menu with headers to separate them so you can see all of your controls at once.

Haven't run into any bugs just yet, but if I run into that secret level bug, I'll post about it here.

That's a good point actually; I'll do something about that later on if I can figure out how to make it straightforward.
And you're right about the brutal par times, I think i'll have a word to Beau (our puzzle designer) about those.

nftyw posted:

Hmm maybe you should add some details in tutorial pages on some of these stages, maybe have that explorer dude write about his assistant who he uses to shove the box over. Also same with the dynamite in 2-4 since you use it in such a unorthodox way there.

You've got a point there, and while I'm opposed to taking the modern game rout and telling the player how to solve the puzzles (thereby removing all satisfaction), it's not immediately obvious that they can be used like that, so... we'll figure something out :)

Texmo fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jul 19, 2014

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I could see them being fine if they were maybe scaled back by just a second or two. It seems like the ranks drop pretty quickly, maybe a little extra cushion room between hitting silver and hitting stone would help?

Damascus404
Oct 13, 2013
I have absolutely no idea what this game is about or what it could be about but I sure do love me some free poo poo and needlessly nitpicking game design that was otherwise seen as a pretty good idea. Sign me the gently caress up.

Shiny Llama
Jan 1, 2013

I will gladly let you know how potentially awful/greasy this thing you made is. Yes.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

On 1-9?? (it still says 1-S) i had the blue bandana character pick up the note/diary thing but they didn't read it, it just was picked up. Hooray I found a bug after all.

e: I got caught in the loop too, so I returned to the map and picked the level again and this time it said 1-9 and the thief lady picked up the note and did read it!!

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 19, 2014

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

Damascus404 posted:

I have absolutely no idea what this game is about or what it could be about but I sure do love me some free poo poo and needlessly nitpicking game design that was otherwise seen as a pretty good idea. Sign me the gently caress up.

Shiny Llama posted:

I will gladly let you know how potentially awful/greasy this thing you made is. Yes.

You two are gonna need to provide me some contact email address then because you haven't coughed up the :10bux: for PM's
edit: sent one to you, Damascus

Texmo fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jul 19, 2014

Damascus404
Oct 13, 2013

Texmo posted:

You two are gonna need to provide me some contact email address then because you haven't coughed up the :10bux: for PM's

Whoops, should've mentioned that. Send a key to [blank]

Damascus404 fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jul 19, 2014

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Give me a key for your lovely game please

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I'm down for some puzzle solving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Quest For Glory II posted:

On 1-9?? (it still says 1-S) i had the blue bandana character pick up the note/diary thing but they didn't read it, it just was picked up. Hooray I found a bug after all.

e: I got caught in the loop too, so I returned to the map and picked the level again and this time it said 1-9 and the thief lady picked up the note and did read it!!

Yeah, its apparantly a bug with the secret level code. I presume he wants you to only have one go at the stage which is a horrible idea because they are harder than diamond-encrusted dinosaur poo poo.

• Locked thread