Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
I'm gonna see Boris, Run the Jewels and Xiu Xiu in August. Hooray! :3:

Haven't been to a concert in a long while. Feel free to say that these concerts are terrible. I'm honestly skeptical about Xiu Xiu but I've never seen them live before and it was 12 bux :shrug: It'll be fun to see a band I really liked when I was in highschool I guess

Run the Jewels should be pretty dope, and Boris should be a fun time to zone the gently caress out to some drone

I'm sorry I don't have any jokes for this post! :|

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindmillSlayer

Send me tickets, to bands in NJ. Thank you.

Damp Star Baby

do any of the jersey shore kids rap nowadays? I'll buy you a ticket to that WMS

dogcrash truther

WindmillSlayer posted:

Send me tickets, to bands in NJ. Thank you.

Go to new York city, to see the bands

WindmillSlayer

dogcrash truther posted:

Go to new York city, to see the bands

Send me tickets, to bands in NYC, and then take me to them.

Damp Star Baby

Sun Kil Moon is playing @ the Town Hall Theatre in NYC if you want a real recommendation for a good show. Worse case scenario you could always just woot it up during Amateur Night at the Apollo

WindmillSlayer

Damp Star Baby posted:

Sun Kil Moon is playing @ the Town Hall Theatre in NYC if you want a real recommendation for a good show. Worse case scenario you could always just woot it up during Amateur Night at the Apollo

The second one sounds more fun. DCT take me to Amateur Night at the Apollo

alnilam

Seeing king crimson in Philly in sept :toot: a lifelong dream

om nom nom

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
i just bought tickets and camping passes to knotfest in cali in october, although i feel like it will be a rather unbyob show

Dotcom Jillionaire

Social distortion
im imagining an xiu xiu show being an entirely depressing experience during which you might also discover your repressed inner gay

Dotcom Jillionaire

Social distortion
have a good time op!

Afro Doug

i'm seeing phish in boulder next week.

dogcrash truther

Afro Doug posted:

i'm seeing phish in boulder next week.

lol

dogcrash truther

WindmillSlayer posted:

The second one sounds more fun. DCT take me to Amateur Night at the Apollo

lady, you ARE amateur night at the Apollo :twisted:

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
the last band I saw in concert was the World Famous Glenn Miller Orchestra

E: I was actually playing piano in a "big band" that played some Glenn Miller-style music at the time I saw Glenn Miller, so it was a really great experience (and educational too).

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 20, 2014

SIDS Vicious

the last concert i went to was social distortion, some folksy chick with a guitar and a really nice rack opened for them and it was a good show all around

WindmillSlayer

dogcrash truther posted:

lady, you ARE amateur night at the Apollo :twisted:

This only makes me want you to take me more.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

well i just got back from the demoltion derby at the county fair, bitch :cool:

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

pig slut lisa posted:

well i just got back from the demoltion derby at the county fair, bitch :cool:
Did you eat any funnel cakes

pig slut lisa

irl is good

dopepope posted:

Did you eat any funnel cakes

yes actually. mine just had powdered sugar. but when they asked my brother "do you want any flavors" he ended up choosing berries & cream which was literally just vanilla pudding gglooped all over his funnel cake hahaha.

Dotcom Jillionaire

Social distortion
GODSPEED GLENN MILLER ORCHESTRA

Afro Doug

bitch is there something funny about that? im hanging out with my friends and im playing hackey sack, you cocksucker. i will %100 gently caress some girl with bugs all over he, and goddamn it i'm gonna like it. i'm gonna take mdma and make out with a dude at first accidentally, and then on purpose. yeah, pussy run back to your hedge funds and golf on weekends. i'm a man and i'm learned what LIFE truly is, you piece of poo poo.

dogcrash truther

Afro Doug posted:

bitch is there something funny about that? im hanging out with my friends and im playing hackey sack, you cocksucker. i will %100 gently caress some girl with bugs all over he, and goddamn it i'm gonna like it. i'm gonna take mdma and make out with a dude at first accidentally, and then on purpose. yeah, pussy run back to your hedge funds and golf on weekends. i'm a man and i'm learned what LIFE truly is, you piece of poo poo.

hahaha

poverty goat

i went to a phish concert once in hampton just to try it and made a shitload of money selling drugs and bought some other drugs and took the drugs at the show and the light show and glowstick war blew my loving mind so it was a good time

pig slut lisa

irl is good

here were the best parst of the demo derby:

1) man is pulled from car with blood covering face
2) car catches on fire and dude has to tumble over the wall
3) beers were 3 dollars

poverty goat

also the acoustics on the floor on hampton are loving phenomenal i wish every show was there but its mostly just wrestling and monster trucks and poo poo

beer pal

Afro Doug posted:

lol

WindmillSlayer

pig slut lisa posted:

Weird that he got his red wings during a demolition derby.

i am he

Afro Doug posted:

lmao

Dotcom Jillionaire

Social distortion
i watched cochella in doors on my tv this year :unsmith:

Damp Star Baby

Dotcom Jillionaire posted:

im imagining an xiu xiu show being an entirely depressing experience during which you might also discover your repressed inner gay

yeah this is exactly what I'm expecting but I'm looking forward to it!!!

Gotta test the hetero under the most trying of circumstances

Damp Star Baby

pig slut lisa posted:

here were the best parst of the demo derby:

2) car catches on fire and dude has to tumble over the wall
3) beers were 3 dollars

yeah demolition derbies are a weird peice of Americana. 3 dollar beers are cool but I went to this place in Colombia where they were 0.30$ (!!!)

and they let you take a bunch back to your hotel room lol

Damp Star Baby

speaking of live music there's a bloc party that is going on right outside my apartment and the band is still playing. It's past midnight :*(

I don't think I'll be able to handle another godawful pink floyd cover. This dude's voice is so terribly flat

weird

by zen death robot

Afro Doug posted:

vapoursquid

none other

Afro Doug posted:

lmbo

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Afro Doug posted:

:syoon:

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

Afro Doug posted:

:agreed:

El Spider

Afro Doug posted:

Salmiakki

Afro Doug posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Hey many ppl have unironically had a good (and less angry) experience like that

• Locked thread