Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I like Neuer, and would like to follow his exploits. But the thought of cheering for Bayern makes my blood boil. What should I do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Honj Steak posted:

Watch Bayern matches but don't cheer for them. :shrug:

But I gotta cheer for Neuer which is cheering for Bayern by proxy

I mean I could hope that every match ends 0-0 and get the best of both worlds. By which I mean the worst possible world.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

how the mighty have fallen

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

lol dortmund

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Reset Smith posted:

2-0 Bitches! For once BVB are comfortably handling a Bundesliga opponent.

:laffo:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Dortmund is dead last. Never thought I'd see the day

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Any truth to the reports that he will announce for Bayern tommorow? Not really familiar with the accuracy of the media that is reporting it in Germany.

Wait, the 15 year old kid from Norway?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Healbot posted:

He's either turned or will turn 16 this week and thus be eligible for a signing.

I see. Wonder how much they'll have to pay him by the way.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Is he really that loving good for his age?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

lol dortmund

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

thomas muller is the best.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Dunban posted:

Tim Wiese is doing well.

fuuuuuck

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I want Dortmund to get relegated and win the CL. That would be the best

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

loving lmao, 46% successful passing. At the risk of sounding like an advanced statsman, that's all sorts of poo poo

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Dunban posted:

It's the lowest ever % of a Bundesliga team

They're gonna get relegated

well they are dead last, again.

how did this happen lol

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

lmao

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Come on Dortmund, I want you to get relegated and win the CL in the same season. You've already got half of that covered

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

that's tim wiese right

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Honj Steak posted:

In Bavaria the church tax is 8% of income, so Toni would have earned 6.25 million € per year, which seems reasonable.

what a racket. Is that tax compulsory?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Honj Steak posted:

Of course only if you're a member of the church, but yeah.

Still a racket, you're a member of many churches from baptism aren't you? So you would need to be officially recognized as an apostate to avoid it and that's a pain in the arse

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Honj Steak posted:

Nah actually you just write a letter of secession to your church (Germans are 30% Catholic, 30% Protestants, 30% unaffiliated) and one to your local town hall and you're done.

Ah, that's good at least. Over here to get out of being a church member you gotta be an apostate and the churches don't want to confirm requests for that, you basically gotta write them a letter with blasphemy to get thrown out. That said we don't have a church tax, I imagine it'd be easier to opt out if we did.

edit: Anyway, to un-derail this. Yesterday's friendly with Australia; I know Germany played their Z team but the national team's performance leaves a lot to be desired recently, what gives?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

that neuer fella is pretty good

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I like one of the Bayern players from the wall putting his hands on his head as if it was a missed shot for his team

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ahaha

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

pep is basically the worst. Takes over team that destroyed his tactical setup at his previous team, proceeds to set the tactics to the very thing that got wrecked

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 9, 2015

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

that goal by lewandowski was ultra phwoar

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I find it really funny that Lewandowski is absolute world class in teams where there are other world class players but is absolute poo poo when he's the only great one on the pitch (Polish national team). Is it really just him being triple marked when the enemies can afford it because Lewandowski's team are garbagemen?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

mackintosh posted:

Reluctance to give 100%, gigantic ego and clashes with other key players that have subsequently been driven out of the team. Blaszczykowski being the most recent casualty of his insatiable spotlight. The whole team is built around him and his fancies. His agent is (surprise surprise) best buds with the FA.

He's a world class forward, but he's not a team player, nor is he good enough to carry a team like, say, Ronaldo does. Taking nothing away from him, the national team would be much better off without him.

Don't know if I agree with the reluctance to give 100% but the other stuff sounds credible. Being one of the most talented footballers of the generation with 10 at best solid players on the team might be the catalyst that overinflates his ego.

I still think we're better off with him on the pitch cause Lewandowski does tie up enough of the enemy defense that the other garbagemen can do more than they could if he weren't there, but he definitely cannot carry the whole team.

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 11, 2015

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

not even industrial strength growth hormone can stave off robben's glass like nature.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

he's concussed

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

this ref needs a new watch, new glasses, and a new bruise under his eye

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

And a concussion.

he's already clearly got that mate

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

oh lahm

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

wow lmao

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

lmao Neuer

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I could have taken better penalties than Bayern. They literally missed four in a row

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Bea Nanner posted:

Does Neuer always take pks early on? Seems there were much more attacking players that could have taken that last one.

honestly he was the closest to getting his in from the fail bayern lineup

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

MuLepton posted:

Nah, for the first one (hand) Müller would've still been on the field.
Also, I think I'm the first this season to get hit twice with his toxx :(

maybe Müller should have kept loving playing instead of whining when his opponent threw the ball under his boot

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

mackintosh posted:

His agent is full of poo poo. Our FA confirmed he has a broken jaw and a shoulder injury. No concussion.

Jesus Christ. That goalie should be ashamed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

AlexF posted:

Yeah, shame on Langerak for doing his job. Next time when a player coming at him with an advantage due to starting from an offside position he should just lie down and give up.

It was a nasty situation for sure but I think he even touched the ball before connecting to Lewa's face so yeah...he's good from the current standard of referee decisions (see Neuer decapitating a dude in the world cup final).

Also lol to Robben. How do you even get injured like that in that situation? No sprint, no sudden movement, just...nothing.

not saying he was supposed to be thrown off the pitch, just that he should have watched what was going on. There are ways to parry the ball without breaking the opponent's skull.

e; Neuer's challenge was also pretty brutal but he bodychecked distributing the impact on the opponent, and as such nothing serious happened to the dude. All I'd ask from Langerak is the same courtesy

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 29, 2015

• Locked thread