Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

On the plus side, I suspected inbreeding (...somehow...) but I couldn't have said why I thought that, specifically, and nothing indicated it was manipulating ages; you were far too disjointed for that to make sense.

Throwing in comments on ethnic names and racial...whatever the gently caress that was had nothing to do with anything. Someone im irc thought you had created a world of mixed ethnicity and these guys were racists who had used genetic manipulation to keep the family white, which still made no sense.

Don't tell. This story was entirely telling yet you couldn't even make the "plot" clear. Don't go on tangents to irrelevant flashbacks. Don't focus on a bored character, it makes for a bored reader. Don't use multiple punctuation marks (ie "Why not????") or ALL-CAPS for emphasis; if you feel compelled to do that, your dialogue is weak. Also don't write out someone laughing, it's very kid's-book.

Honestly this was atrocious. First-time 14-year-old roleplayer bad. Read some basic grammar books, such as Elements of Style, and pay attention to the books you read and make notes of why you like particular characters, turns of phrase, and plot developments. Right now you have no grasp of writing at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread