Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ActingPower posted:

I mean, it doesn't really matter where we put the Shortcut, does it?

This is really why I'm asking for a sanity check on whether it blocks Gathering - it's the only thing I can think of that really matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Can I get some clarification on what "A New Idea" ability for the Carpenter does? What are the Invention cards?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Morpheus posted:

Can I get some clarification on what "A New Idea" ability for the Carpenter does? What are the Invention cards?

So you'll notice that the inventions are divided into Basic and Advanced. The Basic inventions are guaranteed to be in the game, but the Advanced inventions are drawn randomly from a deck. A New Idea allows you to choose from a (very generous - five out of fifteen or so) selection and put another into play.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Stelas posted:

Threat: The hunting is plentiful, even if the Beast deck isn't. Weapons go down to 0, Food goes up by 2, and the Plentiful Hunting card is discarded.

I don't think that resolving this threat decreases the weapon level, it just requires weapon level 2 to take advantage of it. Usually weapon level changes have a +/- in front of the symbol or state it in text. The rulebook, unsurprisingly, is not very clear on this.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Does anyone else really want that 3 Determination token? Because I'd really like to use a couple men + that to build the Rope.

Also lets put some wood on the pile.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 1, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Fellis posted:

I don't think that resolving this threat decreases the weapon level, it just requires weapon level 2 to take advantage of it.

Hmm, I'll see if I can find other examples in the decks.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Wood on pile, yes.
+1 Morale token, yes.

These are no brainers. The rest I guess is being discussed.

Oh yeah, we're not moving the shelter.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Are those final decisions? Want to hold off on the other tokens for the moment?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm out of town on business; I'll get home super late tonight and give it one more go-over.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Okay, the above, plus Morpheus gets the +3 Determination. Shortcut on the southwest tile.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Update will be coming along in an hour or two. I think, on reflection, I'm gonna go with Fellis' note that the Weapon mark on the card means it did not get reduced - you're still at 2.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 4 CONT.

Two wood is put on the pile.
The Carpenter gets 3 Determination.

TURN 5

ActingPower is the first player.

Event Phase

Thorny Bush Resolution: Swollen Arm posted:

The wound on your arm has turned a dangerous colour of yellow, and the area around it is puffy and swollen. You're in no state to work today.

If you do not have the Cure, the character with the Green arm wound has only one worker available this turn. Draw another card.

Event: Rain posted:

It's comforting, in a way. While the rains might be endless, the skies gloomy and grey... at least you feel like you're back in London.

The Weather Phase will have one more raincloud this turn. The first Gathering action guarantees an Adventure card.

Threat:

Stronger Roof: 1 worker, Fur: Discard this card and get 1 Determination. Falloff Penalty: +1 raincloud on the next Weather turn.

Morale Phase: ActingPower gains 2 Determination.

Production Phase: The camp produces 2 Wood, and a material of the group's choice.

Action Phase

Status - Turn 4 Night Phase posted:

Morale: +2
Weapon Level: 3
Shelter: Temporary
Roof Level: 1
Palisade Level: 1
Hunting Deck: 2
Current Player: ActingPower

Jedit - Soldier: Max--|-X----X---Dead - Determination: 1
Morpheus - Carpenter: Max--|-X---X--X---Dead - Determination: 3
CirclMastr - Cook: Max-|-X---X--X--X--Dead - Determination: 0
ActingPower - Explorer: Max-|---X-----X-Dead - Determination: 4

Goals:

Fire: Yes
Woodpile: 3/15

-
--
---
---x
---xx

Current Effects:
    +1 Wood on the Camp Tile.
    Carpenter has only one action this turn.
    The first Gather action will guarantee an adventure card.
    +1 Raincloud this turn.
Available Resources:
  • 4 Wood
  • 1 Explorer aide per turn
  • Tokens:
    • Pot -> +2 Wound Recovery
    • +1 Weapon Level
  • Treasures:
    • Boxes: All Food is Non-Perishable.
    • Herbal Mixture: Discard to look at the top card of the Event deck.
Starting Items:
  • Pistol (1 use left - Temporarily gain +3 Weapon Level for one action.)
Threat Cards:
  • Stronger Roof: 1 worker, Fur: Discard this card and get 1 Determination. Falloff Penalty: +1 raincloud on the next Weather turn.
  • Urgent - Drawing the Poison: 1 worker, Knife: Discard this card and get 1 Determination and 1 Weapon level. Falloff Penalty: Each player takes a Wound.
Inventions:
    Generic
  • Shovel: (Beach)
  • Bricks: (Hills - +1 Palisade.)
  • Cure: (Plains)
  • Dam: (River, 1 Wood - +2 Non-Perishable Food.)
  • Rope: (Plains)
  • Fire
  • Knife
  • Map: +1 Explorer worker.
  • Pot: Allows healing during Night Phase.

Advanced
  • Bow: (Rope, Knife, 1 Wood - +3 Weapon Level.)
  • Pit: (Shovel, 1 Wood - During Production, roll Building Wound die. On a wound, +2 Food.)
  • Raft: (Rope, 2 Wood - +1 Gatherer worker or +1 Explorer worker.)
  • Sling: (1 Fur or 1 Wood - +2 Weapon Level.)
  • Furnace: (Brick - Ignore 1 Snow.)

Character-Specific (Character must contribute at least 1 worker, gains +2 Determination on success.)
  • Soldier - Spear: (Knife, 1 Wood - +3 Weapon Level.)
  • Carpenter - Snare: (Rope - +1 Food Token on camp tile.)
  • Chef - Fireplace: (Fire - Heal 2 health per Food in Night Phase.)
  • Explorer - Shortcut: Place a Shortcut token on a tile adjacent to your camp. During Production, gain a Resource of your choice from that tile.

Scenario-Specific
  • Mast: (Rope, Wood, Fur - +3 Wood, only for the pile.)
  • Hatchet - +1 Wood Token on the camp tile.

Everyone, please select your free resource from the shortcut, and your actions. Remember that the Carpenter only has one action today, and that you are guaranteed extra rain.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

All right, tasks.
  • Let's get Food from the Shortcut. Yea or nay?
  • We should definitely assign someone to Draw the Poison. Not only will it keep us from taking a wound, but it'll also help us with the next task.
  • Probably should hunt today.
  • We need to boost the Roof. Definitely 1, maybe 2 if that's allowed. Maybe also consider the Shelter so that we can move if we have to?
  • Maybe we should invent Rope so that we can make the Mast?
  • Do we want to explore to the SE with the Map aide?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ActingPower posted:

[*] We need to boost the Roof. Definitely 1, maybe 2 if that's allowed. Maybe also consider the Shelter so that we can move if we have to?

Your roof is already at 1 - it doesn't get damaged by the rain, just prevents it. If you mean build it up twice, you don't have the resources.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Stelas posted:

Your roof is already at 1 - it doesn't get damaged by the rain, just prevents it. If you mean build it up twice, you don't have the resources.

Right, but we're guaranteed 1 Rain tonight from the Event. We'll need another layer if we want to be dry tonight. But if we don't have enough resources, then 1 will have to do.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Oh, right, sorry. Yeah, you've got 4 wood (at least?) so you could definitely build roof this turn. It's going to suck if you ever need to move in a hurry, though.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The way I see it, we need to build Roof, build the Rope, and hunt. Our wounded comrade can take care of Drawing the Poison, and everyone else doubles up on their task.

EDIT: and get Food from the shortcut obviously.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Welp guess I will work on

Drawing the Poison - one worker.

Just knew it'd come around to bite me in the rear end before we developed Cure. I'm going to be just flush with determination. I'll use it to get an extra man next turn for building something.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Giving the thread a bit of a bump.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

CirclMaster's idea was:
Morpheus' 1 worker is solving the threat.
Two workers on the roof, two workers making Rope, and two hunting. I'm... not sure how that goes with food, since we only have the one from the shortcut. I guess hunting will give some, right?
Oh, also, let's use the +1 Weapon Level token and the Herbal Mixture.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The question is who's doing what - this isn't important for building actions, but is for the hunting.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I should probably do it. If we have a spare worker somewhere I should also build the Spear - it'll net me 2 Determination.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Jedit posted:

I should probably do it. If we have a spare worker somewhere I should also build the Spear - it'll net me 2 Determination.

We have no spares.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Alright folks who is biting the bullet and going hunting? I'd recommend ActingPower as the guy with the least to lose (as he only has one morale hit with his character), and if we end up making the Pot we can likely heal things, unless they get really bad.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

I'm down for hunting.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Righto. I'll run the turn in a bit.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I'm off to a convention until Monday. I will be able to phone post if necessary, but I'll be busy a lot and if it's easier for the team to control my workers for a turn or two then go ahead.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Jedit posted:

I'm off to a convention until Monday. I will be able to phone post if necessary, but I'll be busy a lot and if it's easier for the team to control my workers for a turn or two then go ahead.

That's fair enough. Enjoy!

TURN 5 CONT.

Resolve Phase

1 Food is gained from the Shortcut.

Threat: The Carpenter gets to the messy work of drawing poison from people's wounds. +1 Determination, Weapons rise to 4.

Hunting: The Explorer goes hunting.

Boa posted:

Attack 2, Weapons -2, Food 2. Receive a Mystery Token when defeated.
Weapons go down to 2, and 2 Food is gained. Token draw: +1 Wood.

Building: The Roof is built up to 2. The Rope is built.

All resources become available. Since the token is pure +resource, it immediately resolves.

--

Weather Phase: The Weather dice rolls 2 clouds, for a total of 3 clouds. 1 Wood and 1 Food is used to heat and feed the camp.

Night Phase: Only 2 food is available.

Status - Turn 5 Night Phase posted:

Morale: +2
Weapon Level: 2
Roof Level: 2
Hunting Deck: 1
Current Player: ActingPower

Jedit - Soldier: Max--|-X----X---Dead - Determination: 1
Morpheus - Carpenter: Max--|-X---X--X---Dead - Determination: 4
CirclMastr - Cook: Max-|-X---X--X--X--Dead - Determination: 0
ActingPower - Explorer: Max-|---X-----X-Dead - Determination: 4

Goals:

-
--
---
---x
---xx

Current Effects:
Available Resources:
  • 0 Wood, 0 Food
  • Tokens:
    • +1 Weapon Level
  • Treasures:
Starting Items:
Threat Cards:
  • Stronger Roof: 1 worker, Fur: Discard this card and get 1 Determination. Falloff Penalty: +1 raincloud on the next Weather turn.
  • Empty.
Inventions:
    Generic
  • Rope
  • Fire
  • Knife

Advanced
  • Pit: (Shovel, 1 Wood - During Production, roll Building Wound die. On a wound, +2 Food.)

Character-Specific (Character must contribute at least 1 worker, gains +2 Determination on success.)
  • Explorer - Shortcut: Place a Shortcut token on a tile adjacent to your camp. During Production, gain a Resource of your choice from that tile.

Scenario-Specific

Everyone - which two people go hungry tonight? Are you moving the camp?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

poo poo. We're going to lose Morale.

I recommend Jedit and ActingPower take the hits so that we only lose one morale. No idea when we got the second morale raise, so at least we still get one determination per turn. I guess Jedit can't speak up, but ActingPower, got any objections?

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Morpheus posted:

poo poo. We're going to lose Morale.

I recommend Jedit and ActingPower take the hits so that we only lose one morale. No idea when we got the second morale raise, so at least we still get one determination per turn. I guess Jedit can't speak up, but ActingPower, got any objections?

Nope, I was going to say exactly that. I regret that I have but one stomach to go hungry with for my group. (As in, I can't take both hits for the hunger.)

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

So that's what we'll be going with Stelas. And I don't think we'll be moving camp this turn.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Event phase incoming in about two, three hours.

I'm playing Mage Knight at work :shh:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 5 CONT.

The Soldier and the Explorer go hungry. Morale drops!

TURN 6

Jedit is the current player. The rains continue.

Event Phase: A card is drawn.

Unusually Cold Night posted:

It was freezing last night; a cold snap, ahead of the winter? A warning of signs to come? Either way, you had to warm the camp last night.

Discard 2 Wood or everyone takes a Wound.

Threat:

Warming Up: 1 Worker, Fur or Wood: Discard this card and get 1 Determination. Falloff Penalty: Everyone takes a Wound.

Morale Phase: The Soldier gains 1 Determination.
Production Phase: 2 wood is generated by the camp, together with 1 Resource of the players' choice.

Action Phase:

Status - Turn 6 Action Phase posted:

Morale: +1
Weapon Level: 2
Roof Level: 2
Hunting Deck: 1
Current Player: Jedit

Jedit - Soldier: Max----X-|--X---Dead - Determination: 2
Morpheus - Carpenter: Max---|X---X--X---Dead - Determination: 4
CirclMastr - Cook: Max--|X---X--X--X--Dead - Determination: 0
ActingPower - Explorer: Max----|X-----X-Dead - Determination: 4

Goals:

-
--
---
---x
---xx

Current Effects:
Available Resources:
  • 2 Wood, 0 Food
  • Tokens:
    • +1 Weapon Level
  • Treasures:
Starting Items:
Threat Cards:
  • Warming Up: 1 Worker, Fur or Wood: Discard this card and get 1 Determination. Falloff Penalty: Everyone takes a Wound.
  • Urgent - Stronger Roof: 1 worker, Fur: Discard this card and get 1 Determination. Falloff Penalty: +1 raincloud on the next Weather turn.
Inventions:
    Generic
  • Rope
  • Fire
  • Knife

Advanced

Scenario-Specific

Everyone, pick your actions and your free Shortcut resource.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Okay. Ugh.

Food from the shortcut first of all.

Carpenter has got to build the Snare. We have no Fur but we do have 1 Wood for Unusually Cold night, so we need a worker there. We need someone to hunt (yay for the Pistol if we need it).

Fortunately that still leaves us 3 worker tokens. I propose the last 3 workers gather 2 Food and 1 Wood.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Uhhhh so we have the Pot and I didn't even notice that - maybe should've healed before losing morale. Welp.
Does this mean the people who did eat food this turn recover health? Not sure how that works.

Here's the thing: if we all take a wound this turn, we lose three morale. This is...not good.

Okay, I'm going to:

Build the snare: Using one man, and I'm going to burn 3 Determination in order to get another guy on it.
Clear Warming Up threat: One guy, with the wood we have.

Would take the urgent one, but no fur soooo. Looks like it's going to get rainy.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 9, 2014

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Spending food to heal is separate from feeding yourselves, and you can only use each source of healing once per turn.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Morpheus posted:

Okay, I'm going to:

Build the snare: Using one man, and I'm going to burn 3 Determination in order to get another guy on it.
Clear Warming Up threat: One guy, with the wood we have.

Would take the urgent one, but no fur soooo. Looks like it's going to get rainy.

As I understand it, if we clear off the non-urgent one, it frees up the space for the next card so the urgent one won't fall off.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

malkav11 posted:

Spending food to heal is separate from feeding yourselves, and you can only use each source of healing once per turn.

What about constructing the fireplace?

Anyway, I think I'll be gathering food. That seems to be high priority, yes?

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

ActingPower posted:

What about constructing the fireplace?

Anyway, I think I'll be gathering food. That seems to be high priority, yes?

The fireplace is a better food to healing exchange rate and is a separate item so if you have the food to spare you can use both the fireplace and pot in a turn to heal a total of three points. But they're each only usable once per turn.

malkav11 fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Aug 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Okay, so Jedit hunts, ActingPower gathers 2 Food, I gather 1 Food 1 Wood.

• Locked thread