Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

The live audiences are really into this Bella Sisters angle based on their reaction to Nikki's entrance, Brie showing up and telling Steph off and Steph's arrest. AND they popped pretty good for Paige's heel turn. I think these are very good things for the Division's future. Now if Paige and AJ can just put on the match we need them to this time instead of a total pissbreak like last night...

It's like if you give the Divas actual storylines people will enjoy them. It's like, both of these are pretty rudimentary so far, but it's better than the arbitrary nothingness the Divas are normally handed.

Their match last night was definitely rough in places, but hopefully they get time to work out the kinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Cena not being on Raw is proven to be a positive.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

RBX posted:

Cena not being on Raw is proven to be a positive.

... I didn't even notice.

That's weird.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I have a feeling we'll notice next week.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Writer Cath posted:

I never knew I could love Dean Ambrose more than I did when he was part of the Shield. He's just so good at what he's doing. I do kind of wish Reigns would at least address the Rollins issue though. Even something as simple as :smug: With Ambrose after you, I don't have to worry about you.

I sorta see Ambrose and Reigns as using two different ways of carrying on the Shield's legacy.

We all know how Ambrose is doing his personal vendetta, fighting about the Shield being brothers and seeking to avenge his personal losses. His method of avenging the Shield is with beating the crap out of Seth Rollins anywhere, at any time.

Reigns and his strange lack of giving a crap, however, can easily be spun as him trying to keep the Shield alive in his own way. He's keeping the gear, the entrance, and the music, but taking it from the US and Tag titles straight to the world champion tier. He doesn't have to waste his time chasing Rollins: he knows he can beat the architect at his own game by rebuilding his castle better and stronger than ever before, and with that Money in the Bank contract Rollins would have to come crawling back by the year's end anyway.

Maybe we'll even get to see an Ambrose and Reigns clash, Shield-as-brothers vs. Shield-as-force.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

There's a lot of water to be drawn from the Shield well. And of course, this leads to the sweet reunion bound to happen years down the line.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Deadpool posted:

Someone please go ahead and make the "Never. Never Ever Ever" gif so everybody can post it simultaneously when he comes back.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

thanks. you can make the title text

Okay, attempt #2:

THAT'S NOT PG!

kidcoelacanth fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 22, 2014

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
For all that the WWE fumbles around with most storylines, they've had perfect timing with the Shield. They didn't break up too early, but we weren't sick of them yet either, and they've managed to do something with each of them. It's much more careful work than they normally put into anything.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Why did Brock's shirt not say
code:
 EAT
SLEEP
BROKE 
 THE 
STREAK
or even
code:
 EAT
SLEEP
BROCK
 THE 
STREAK
I mean, he can obviously wear whatever he wants, right? It's a no brainer for people to buy more shirts.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I think the implication is that breaking the streak is the sort of thing he does on the regular.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

kidcoelacanth posted:

I think the implication is that breaking the streak is the sort of thing he does on the regular.

Until he gets the guts to face Bo Dallas.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

RBX posted:

Zack Ryder won, A miz match got a "this is awesome" chant,BROCK LESNAR, NEW loving NATION, and the divas segments got attention and cheers. 5 star show. Midcard is ALIVE.

Kane's mask and NOD on one show. Eat it up!

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
I kind of liked Xavier's promo, but the crowd just did not give a poo poo. Also, there's no way WWE will handle it well. Ready for the heel black dudes vs real american Jack Swagger?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I forgot who xavier woods even was when he came out for the battle royal at the ppv and I bet a lot of the crowd has forgotten too

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrVesz2sjWA

Holy poo poo, this guy.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Brock
Brock
Brock
the
Brock

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dean Ambrose is loving amazing. :allears:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dean Ambrose, Sneaky Pete, and Fat Tony for the new Shield please.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Deadpool posted:

Sneaky Pete = Steen
Fat Tony = Devitt

'cause irony!

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Scruffy the janitor posted:

I kind of liked Xavier's promo, but the crowd just did not give a poo poo. Also, there's no way WWE will handle it well. Ready for the heel black dudes vs real american Jack Swagger?

I have to imagine the crowd didn't have any idea what was going on.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Fat Tony's gonna turn heel at WM31, mark my words

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Deadpool posted:

Kevin Steen's WWE gimmick confirmed.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

TEGGS posted:

I have to imagine the crowd didn't have any idea what was going on.

"Hey look, the Power Ranger guy is dressed like Brother Love." is something of a confusing thought to process while also trying to listen to a promo.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
My seven year old niece was at RAW and is still crying because she didn't get to see John Cena.

Suck it up kid.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jul 22, 2014

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

My seven year old nephew was at RAW and is still crying because she didn't get to see John Cena.

Suck it up kid.

????

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

niece, sorry, I've been up for like 36 hours

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

could you imagine Xavier's New NOD not being played as heels

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

"They're good gu-ehhh, they're... they're 'good at what they do' guys, OK?"

That loveable scumbag. :allears:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

More coked up interviews

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The best wrestleman.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Cena is totally going over Lesnar.

Apparently I missed a good raw? But I got to see Ash Borer tonight so I think I came out ahead.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jul 22, 2014

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Dean is amazing. He was my least favorite member of the Shield, but now that he's out on his own I think he really shines.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Cena could fight at Meggido and he'd probably go over Christ

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You see, John Cena, because

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

My seven year old niece was at RAW and is still crying because she didn't get to see John Cena.

Suck it up kid.
Even through tears you have to respect John Cena.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

I goddamn love Dean Ambrose, he's the best wrestleman.

Also, here's hoping that Brock le Snar beats Bo's winning streak because Bo having a breakdown would be entertaining.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I want Bo to topple Rusev

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I nominate "BodIslam" as the New Nation's stable name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

• Locked thread