Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
When is it okay to sell all of my video games and get a real hobby like sports, or tv, I'm wondering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
probably 15

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
its not ur age its how you feel kids on the inside

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Objectively speaking, OP, video games are always a complete waste of time. It's more about how little time you have to waste, than how old you get.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

judging by the amount of MMO addict parents who neglect their kids for raids, never

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
my dad plays new vegas but since he is old he keeps track of his entire inventory with a sheet of paper and a pencil

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

my dad plays new vegas but since he is old he keeps track of his entire inventory with a sheet of paper and a pencil

mine just plays minecraft, forever

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

When you get married. Then you PC emulate in your basement when she goes out to cvs to get her xanax script.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

same, but mine also maps out the areas on paper even though I told him how to get to the pip boy map

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Tiler Kiwi posted:

lol

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Whenever you get arthritis.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
kind of makes me wonder whether if i get old and feeble i'll play games or just recoil at the idea of games because it will remind me of how much of my life i wasted doing so while i was young and the world was my oyster

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Tiler Kiwi posted:

your dad owns

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Abandon posted:

kind of makes me wonder whether if i get old and feeble i'll play games or just recoil at the idea of games because it will remind me of how much of my life i wasted doing so while i was young and the world was my oyster

I'm actually looking forward to being an old geezer that smokes and plays video games

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

when gamers go senile they will spout out random gibberish about MOBA meta and nerfs, aeris/aerith debates and gaben to all the nurses and grandchildren before they get their sedatives

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
a few hours before you die

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Ekster posted:

when gamers go senile they will spout out random gibberish about MOBA meta and nerfs, aeris/aerith debates and gaben to all the nurses and grandchildren before they get their sedatives

so the only difference is who they're talking to, then

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
The average age of a gamer is only going up.
http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/29/gaming-advocacy-group-the-average-gamer-is-31-and-most-play-on-a-console/

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm a gamer for life, OP

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Cyra posted:

I'm a gamer for life, OP

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Gamers in the house forever.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm CEO of a huge company and I do enjoy a good rear end pwning in some gamers now and then.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
My dad still plays Halo really badly

I gave him a copy of Portal and he made two portals and tried really hard to catch the person he saw in the portal and I felt really loving bad

i also gave him rise of the triad and he doesn't play it which makes me feel bad because he got me into rise of the triad as a kid

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

My plan is to hook up a Galaga machine in my tomb and set it so my coffin will open and my skeleton will sit up and wave at the player whenever they get the high score.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
my mom beat jet set radio future and 100%ed wind waker a while back. i'm thinking about leaving my wii over there next time i visit with twilight princess and skyward sword

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
my father is in his 60s and he really liked portal and portal 2 and I got him DCS P-51D Mustang for christmas because he likes airplanes

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
My dad got me into playing The Halley Project for our Apple IIc as a little kid. So now when I play Kerbal Space Program it's almost like we're pals and haven't been completely estranged for the past decade! :toot:

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
My dad used to help me beat super mario world stages when I was little :3:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

exmorte posted:

My dad used to help me beat super mario world stages when I was little :3:

My dad once came out of his room and yelled at me when I tried to help him on his Warcraft 2 campaign because I built a farm too much in front of his gold mine.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
my buddy's dad helped us learn to read through the magic of final fantasy iv

he later then helped us learn to play red alert 2

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Unguided posted:

My plan is to hook up a Galaga machine in my tomb and set it so my coffin will open and my skeleton will sit up and wave at the player whenever they get the high score.

i think this idea has gold written all over it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Cyra posted:

I'm a gamer for life, OP

*KRRTSH* Pick up the can.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

*KRRTSH* Pick up the can.

Sorry matey but whenever I see your name it looks like Dan Dildo. lmfao

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
What the heck.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my dad really likes borderlands 2 for some reason. luckily he has a 360 and I have a ps3 so I don't need to come up with excuses why I can't play with him.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Awesome! posted:

my dad really likes borderlands 2 for some reason. luckily he has a 360 and I have a ps3 so I don't need to come up with excuses why I can't play with him.

Uhhhh if your gonna own the piece of poo poo game anyway you might as well count yourself lucky to have someone to play it with.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

I got it free from ps+ and I rarely touch it

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

my dad isn't a filthy nerd so he goes on long bike rides likes photography and watches tv like a real man

suck it nerds

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Ekster posted:

my dad isn't a filthy nerd so he goes on long bike rides likes photography and watches tv like a real man

suck it nerds

old school nerd tinkers with bicycles and cameras, staying trapped in past, unable to cut the mustard of a modern age as it passes him by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Maybe, but you can never be too old to snype

:synpa:

• Locked thread