Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

It's okay, little guy. I would be scared too.
It's been a while, but I remember the explosive barrels being the most random thing. Sometimes they take off a tiny sliver of health, sometimes 25% of it.

Anyway, good luck, man. Sounds like it's gonna be hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I remember playing it on the PS1 and a friend saying it looked like the most boring thing he'd ever seen.

"Don't worry," I said, "I'm sure it'll pick up enough for you once we reach the second town!"

I really did like the PS1 version of Diablo. It had a unique option called "Game Speed" that doubles the speed of everything in the game. Makes walking around town a bit less of a slog!

It did have it's own issues, though: There were load times when you wanted to access your inventory, and unique items were not saved in 2-player co-op, so I hope you found those Zodiac items.

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

queserasera posted:

Had a death in the family, so I'll be another couple days before putting up another post.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Don't worry about LP until you get everything else sorted out. Thread isn't going anywhere!

Anyway, Blizzard isn't exactly the most original company out there. A lot of their games are inspired by other games already out, I think. The thing they do well, though, is polish the same idea until it shines brighter than anything else. Don't need to have 100% original ideas when you can take an idea, and execute it really well!

RickVoid posted:

The Hell added a bunch of new unique monsters, and bunch of new weapons, armors, and unique gear, the ability to dual wield (which does appear on your character!), and they removed all negative shrine effects. On the other hand, they also replaced all of the scrolls with Relicts (which I think are supposed to be spelled Relics), which now require a minimum Magic score to use. Yes, this includes Town Portal. Amulets and Rings also have Magic requirements to wear. Potion cost appears to have been doubled, but may actually heal more life and mana. Relic(t)s of healing cost half of what vanilla potions cost, though. I still am liking The Hell better than Awakening for all that, though.

The Magic requirements for "relicts" and accessories makes it sound like this mod is going to be a huge pain for Warriors, especially early game.

• Locked thread