Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Polancooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Now it's going to take two E5 to blow this lead

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Come on Navarro break it wide open here

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

So I'm in an airport and watching a little of the SF@PHI game. Is this a national broadcast or does CSN usually handle Phillies games? The commentary is virtually nonexistent. If I was a Phillies fan, I'd be so disappointed to have to deal with this every day. Maybe I'm spoiled with the MASN crew for Orioles games.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
:ohdear: Wilson and Hurdle have been ejected

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

You have to be pretty stupid to approach the plate after plunking someone.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
If you're bringing a baby to the ballpark do you have to buy a ticket for them? It's not like they use a seat. I don't have a baby, just wondering, they seem to find a lot of them at Rogers Center on the Jays broadcast.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Apparently that was the plan.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Jean Segura got nailed by that pitch. Ouch.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

If you're bringing a baby to the ballpark do you have to buy a ticket for them? It's not like they use a seat. I don't have a baby, just wondering, they seem to find a lot of them at Rogers Center on the Jays broadcast.

no

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Here we go again

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Usually not, I think.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Well that HBP is helping make this a close game.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Komet posted:

Usually not, I think.

Thats good :downs: I had a vision in my head of some ticket checker coming down the aisles and tossing out a baby

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

I hope someone makes a gif of Sandoval tripping and falling after getting a hit in the first, and then doing a faceplant while trying to catch a foul 10 minutes later.

Ron Mexico
Dec 31, 2004

Carlos Santana home run! Man that was a pretty one, too.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Please leave your babies and animals at home.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Wilson beans someone once: Ejected

Wright beans someone twice: Stays in Game

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Bean bag practice in Pittsburgh tonight.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Not complaining, but what is happening to Wainwright right now?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Why was that a stolen base for Colby rather than defensive indifference? Good jump + home team scoring I guess?

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

screaden posted:

Not complaining, but what is happening to Wainwright right now?

Error, HBP, Walk this inning. His control isn't great right now and his defense isn't helping.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Maybe Wilson shouldn't have rushed the plate after beaning someone if he didn't want to be ejected.

sammo
Jan 15, 2014
The New York Yankees, the only team to make these bad Rangers pitchers look good.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
LUUUUUUUUUCCCCC :siren:

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

I mean I'm a Pirates fan (casually), but that 2nd HBP looked pretty accidental.

e) Wright's 2nd one I mean.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
So what mistake will this inevitable loss be blamed on? Pedro's E5, Josh's E5, or plunking the guy?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Alcantara! :toot:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Aaron Hill suddenly not lovely anymore?

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
Is Bryce Harper finally realizing pitchers are afraid to throw him strikes and he doesn't have to swing all the time?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
RIZZOBOMB #2!

He had to show up the new guy.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

ANTHONY

RIZZO

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.
Boo replay.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
gently caress em Jimmy. Strike out the side.

e: well poo poo

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I do not understand how that wasn't overturned. That was patently obvious.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

theacox posted:

gently caress em Jimmy. Strike out the side.

e: well poo poo

Or just hit some more batters :/

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Roenicke just never knows when to pull pitchers. Giving up a RBI HBP is pretty lovely.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

So what mistake will this inevitable loss be blamed on? Pedro's E5, Josh's E5, or plunking the guy?

The Dodgers have not won a game after being behind in the 7th and beyond all year. So yes, they could finally win one, but probably not.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Rangers/Yankees is the worst game of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
mlb.tv just started skipping badly for me. I think it's trying to tell me to turn off this game.

• Locked thread