Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
LTBU :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

thank you angels

holylemon
May 24, 2004

Dude, have you ever touched a dolphin?

Fun Shoe

Lord Yod posted:

Is there anything that can be done about Jim Johnson.

Yes. Fire him into the sun.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Wow. That was....an awful inning.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Genuinely surprised to look it up and see this was only the second time Jim Johnson gave up a bunch of runs without recording an out. It seems like that's every other time he comes in in a blowout (the alternative being a bunch of runs and one out)

holylemon
May 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

Colonel Wood posted:

Wow. That was....an awful inning.

Usually I'd blame the wave, since they were doing that in here the previous half inning, but Johnson is so bad I think he's beyond being cursed by the wave.

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
There's talk that the Marlins FO still wants JJohnson. Hoping this changes their mind...

holylemon
May 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

vegeta dentata posted:

There's talk that the Marlins FO still wants JJohnson. Hoping this changes their mind...

I want so badly for the A's to get rid of him, but you'd have to have brain damage to trade for him at this point.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

Sometimes I feel bad when I'm sitting in RF and everyone is booing Johnson. Then he does something like that and I want to ask if he'll give the $10m back.

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011

holylemon posted:

I want so badly for the A's to get rid of him, but you'd have to have brain damage to trade for him at this point.

He's technically an upgrade for Kevin Gregg, who wears an ERA of 10 and is still employed in high leverage situations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
The Pirates are a bunch of shitlords and garbagemen. I might go to a game just to boo them next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

holylemon posted:

We've got this Joe Nathan right here.

• Locked thread