Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaapaav

by Azathoth
western media has gotten pretty into fan service lately with the video games and mainstream tv shows with blood, gore and sex scenes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat

Pro Target posted:

someone give a concrete example of a design element in deus ex that could. be changed to make the game better or more enjoyable

i dont wanna say skill wheels or anything but the input scheme for deus ex was really cumbersome with all the augs spread out across the F keys by default for example

also id have liked a story fork where you stay with the company and hunt down your traitor brother since you really get railroaded into killing all your coworkers in the warehouse and sending the broadcast to silhouette just on a "trust me bro" from your bro

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 25, 2014

Pro Target

gggiiimmmppp posted:

i dont wanna say skill wheels or anything but the input scheme for deus ex was really cumbersome with all the augs spread out across the F keys by default

also id have liked a story fork where you stay with the company and hunt down your traitor brother since you really get railroaded into killing all your coworkers in the warehouse and sending the broadcast to silhouette just on a "trust me bro" from your bro

you can rebind the augs (perfect)

I wont suffer anyone to say bad things about Paul

poverty goat

also you have to mod the game to get the skul gun

poverty goat

the story accomodates you doing really bizarre things like killing anna navarre before you even talk to her on lebedev's plane so idk whats the big deal about not throwing away your cereer selling out to a bunch of shifty conspiracy theorists

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
missing the point here.

where is it gabe? where did you put it?! i won't ask again!

google THIS

that one aug that let you run silently was lame because the speed aug allowed you to move more quickly while crouching, essentially having the same effect, plus allowing you to jump higher and fall further both of which are incredibly useful regardless of your build and arguably even more useful to a stealth build than the ability to sneak slightly faster

poverty goat

the swimming skill

Ace of Baes
i think the most important aspect of a video game, is to be fun, therefore the best game, is fruit ninja

Pro Target

gggiiimmmppp posted:

the swimming skill

is perfect

Pro Target

It gives you exactly as much utility as Being Good AT Swimming would in the context of a world full of aqualungs

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

"half life gay" - Gabe Newell 2012

poverty goat

gabe newell uses a yoga ball as a chair in his office

vapoursquid

none other
i felt like they were hinting towards a moon level throughout deus ex itd be really cool if they had put that in

google THIS

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

"half life gay" - Gabe Newell 2012

10 points from gryffindor, harry porker

google THIS

really though it's just as well if it takes at least another five years to come out anyway because that's the earliest I foresee having enough free time to play video games again

circ dick soleil

by zen death robot

Pro Target posted:

someone give a concrete example of a design element in deus ex that could. be changed to make the game better or more enjoyable

I'll give you three.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbObIAIR3sA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gwhHCtPZpc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9tgNezO9uQ

circ dick soleil fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 26, 2014

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
HL3 AND the new SoIaF books are years and years overdue. makes u think

poverty goat

has anyone ever seen grrm and gaben in the same place at the same time?

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
some of the vanilla audio transitions in Deus Ex werent' all that great. CASE CLOSED

Pizzatime

Arnold of Soissons posted:

perfection is an idea, all things in life have flaws or weaknesses

understanding this is a key part of accepting the meaninglessness of life

everything but SNK bosses

Pizzatime

Pizzatime posted:

everything but SNK bosses

when I grow up, I wanna be an SNK boss

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW
with the amount of money theyre making off dota2 its honestly pretty hard to put anything on the PRO side of the chat for even making HL3

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW
"lets work on something that an army of assholes will pick apart to find faults like miners looking for gold and spends years and years making it, even tho if it sells like gangbusters it will be as much income as a free to play for a few months"

Snooze Cruise

hey look,
a post
as long as houndeyes are back in hl3 they can take as long as they want

who is a cute little evil alien dog thing with a hundred eyes, you is, you is

Pro Target

they removed houndeyes and bullsquids because they required AI more complicated than 'rotate towards the player and attack'

Pizzatime

was just playin steamworld digg and this seemed relevant

joke_explainer

Pro Target posted:

Deus Ex and yume nikki are both games with no imperfections

what the gently caress

deus ex has terrible, undirected level design which is full of boring pointless space and emptiness

you have some serious rose tinted nostalgia goggles

joke_explainer

also the storyline was really boring and cliche and couldn't hold my interest...

also every person's experience with a game is subjective, you can't really say any game has 'no imperfections', somebody will hate it because its not tetrisy enough

heard u like girls

Dennis Rasmussen posted:

also the storyline was really boring and cliche and couldn't hold my interest...

also every person's experience with a game is subjective, you can't really say any game has 'no imperfections', somebody will hate it because its not tetrisy enough

bet u didnt even finished liberty islande

Pro Target

Dennis Rasmussen posted:

deus ex has terrible, undirected level design which is full of boring pointless space and emptiness

No it doesnt

Pro Target

Whats subjective is your Weak rear end. Pathetic serb, stay away

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Captain No-mates posted:

bioware style sex scenes

oh no-mates :allears:

Pro Target

This spoce is so pointless. they could have fit at least 20 crates or explosive barrels in here. wow. just sad

heard u like girls

i bet its very hard dealing with all that open space and poo poo like choices if yur used to walking thru singular corridors with no deviateons

precision

by VideoGames

quote:

This spoce is so pointless.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

:eyepop:

heard u like girls

hl3 will be exculsive for mario watches

joke_explainer

Humans Among Us posted:

bet u didnt even finished liberty islande

if the game can't keep my interest for even 5 minutes I don't think it's a very good game. that said because of people like whats his face arguing for it, I kept playing until the whole part where you're fighting your own guys back in UNATCO and was just like 'yeah I have no idea whats going on this poo poo is boring and dumb' and quit.

Pro Target posted:

No it doesnt

Yeah, it does man. It's probably the most overrated game ever. Every person that loads it up these days is just like 'what drugs were these assholes on'. It doesn't even look good for the time period it came out in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pro Target

Dennis Rasmussen posted:

Yeah, it does man. It's probably the most overrated game ever.

lol

• Locked thread