Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

dogcrash truther posted:

My grand-dad on my dad's side was a lawyer for many years. Apart from doing corporate law, he also did pro-bono work for a lot of Portuguese, Spanish, and French artists. In appreciation for his work they would sometimes give him paintings and sketches and stuff like that. His house is full of them. When I was a kid, I loved this particular print by the Portuguese artist Joao Hogan. When I bought my own house, grandpa gave it to me. Since then, he's gotten Alzheimers pretty bad and when I've seen him, he thinks I'm my dad :| but this print always brings me back to being a kid wandering around in his house, which was full of extremely cool and tasteful stuff.

This here is a print by Jacques Tardi, maybe the greatest living French comics artist, signed by Tardi. My dad got it for me on a trip to France and I love it for a lot of different reasons. First, it's just a beautiful picture, but second, it reminds me of my dad, who's the smartest and most thoughtful person I've ever met. And his collection of Jacques Tardi comics (in french) along with a bunch of French art magazines from the 70s, were something I discovered when I was about 13 poking around in our basement and they melted my brain at the time. I love the dude's expression, and the single light in the tower, and the big dipper above.

This here's a print by a guy I know. He's cool, and it's nice to know cool talented people.

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Piso Mojado posted:

is that a spitfire?

yes

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

pig slut lisa posted:

i made this in second (i think?) grade and now it hangs in our bathroom

as you can see there's a lot going on here. the center of the picture is dominated by the angry octopus grabbing for a small fish, who cries out for assistance. fortunately for this fish, the octopus is being attacked from below by a scuba diver wielding a knife in one hand and a rock in the other. meanwhile a school of larger fish swim by above, the slowest of their group struggling to keep up. the sea is many colors because it's tropical, and the sting ray and brain coral are based off images i saw in zoobooks. the sun is in the picture because it's a rule in kids art that the sky has to have a sun, even if there's hardly any sky.

this is loving great

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

oh wow. that's really good

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

pig slut lisa posted:

wow cool, you know GSJG's wife too

That lens flare though

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

Grass Effect posted:

the penis is prob p close to the water density, so it can flop around slowly as if it were in anti-gravity

:D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

hmm

• Locked thread