Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

This wall owns

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Some walls from my old apartment I recently moved out of:

Were the walls like that when you moved in, or did you have to paint over them again before you moved out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Mills posted:

I made this thread so that people could post pictures of what they have hanging on their wall, and maybe a share a story behind it. You don't have to be a particularly sophisticated art goon to know what you like (or to talk about it) so my hope is that everyone feels welcome in this thread. Feel free to just post pictures with the stories if the stories don't interest you; you're still welcome to share!

I've picked three things from my own home. Please excuse the image quality and I haven't worked out how to stop getting reflections of myself in the glass so enjoy some vague shots of me.

---

The stuff on your walls is really cool. I love that snowman. But I had some questions about this one. What's this actually made of, and when you bought it,w as it already framed because it seems like you';d need to get a custom frame made for something like that.

Also that setup with the doors and the piece in the middle is really great.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

FluffieDuckie posted:

ok just one more. my daughter's wall

Is that a stencil or what?

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Luvcow posted:

Old print of Vancouver I think that I inherited

Who'd you inherit it from and why did you keep it?

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

FakeBlood posted:

picture of a airplane and another of a sailboat. do you want to know more?

pics or it didn't happen

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
Does anyone know how to take a photograph of a framed picture/print/whatever that doesn't look like total poo poo because of the reflections in the glass? Every single picture I took of stuff on my walls looks like a hot mess.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

SoundMonkey posted:

if you have a big camera use a polarizer, if not just spend eternity moving around trying to find a decent angle and/or turning off various lights

well poo poo. I guess I'm just gonna have pictures that look like a hot mess

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

My grand-dad on my dad's side was a lawyer for many years. Apart from doing corporate law, he also did pro-bono work for a lot of Portuguese, Spanish, and French artists. In appreciation for his work they would sometimes give him paintings and sketches and stuff like that. His house is full of them. When I was a kid, I loved this particular print by the Portuguese artist Joao Hogan. When I bought my own house, grandpa gave it to me. Since then, he's gotten Alzheimers pretty bad and when I've seen him, he thinks I'm my dad :| but this print always brings me back to being a kid wandering around in his house, which was full of extremely cool and tasteful stuff.

This here is a print by Jacques Tardi, maybe the greatest living French comics artist, signed by Tardi. My dad got it for me on a trip to France and I love it for a lot of different reasons. First, it's just a beautiful picture, but second, it reminds me of my dad, who's the smartest and most thoughtful person I've ever met. And his collection of Jacques Tardi comics (in french) along with a bunch of French art magazines from the 70s, were something I discovered when I was about 13 poking around in our basement and they melted my brain at the time. I love the dude's expression, and the single light in the tower, and the big dipper above.

This here's a print by a guy I know. He's cool, and it's nice to know cool talented people.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

pig slut lisa posted:

i made this in second (i think?) grade and now it hangs in our bathroom

as you can see there's a lot going on here. the center of the picture is dominated by the angry octopus grabbing for a small fish, who cries out for assistance. fortunately for this fish, the octopus is being attacked from below by a scuba diver wielding a knife in one hand and a rock in the other. meanwhile a school of larger fish swim by above, the slowest of their group struggling to keep up. the sea is many colors because it's tropical, and the sting ray and brain coral are based off images i saw in zoobooks. the sun is in the picture because it's a rule in kids art that the sky has to have a sun, even if there's hardly any sky.

That owns extremely hard

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

What is that and why do you have it.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Here is another one
i dont know who this one is by though

it's right on the tip of my tongue....i think theres even a shade of blue named after thta painter? i dunno maybe i'm combining too but god drat i know that artist...last name starts with ...an M? i think?

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Grass Effect posted:

the penis is prob p close to the water density, so it can flop around slowly as if it were in anti-gravity

wrong thread

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

twoday posted:

This was a poster a friend gave me, I did the calligraphy. It's a quote from "The Castle" by Kafka, it says "His eyes fixed upon the castle, K. went on; nothing else concerned him."

That's a cool poster

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Mills posted:

sorry goons but i am lazy and cbfed to take the bubble wrap off this

never been opened blah blah

you're putting them on your wall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
Sometime in the next few hours, we're rehanging this thread in its original home, Creative Convention, so if you have any last wall things and stories to share, do it now, or do it later, over in Creative Convention. Hi CC!

• Locked thread