Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i'm the guy who exclusively plays bag at 2.5x arrow speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
before they killed themselves with stupid guitar hero crap, red octane used to make good ddr pads. i still have my old ignition pad and it still works after a decade

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

surc posted:

yeah well I still have the scar I got from picking up the wrong edge of sheet metal at home depot a decade later, and that's gonna last me for at least another 20-30 years :clint:

But no seriously, those red octane pads are pretty dang sweet. It was just cheaper to make my own off some free internet plans.

sup ddr scar bud, i've got one on my foot from my friend's metal ddr pads. turns out the corners on that bitch were a little sharper than i expected

that's cool that you made your own though. most i ever hosed with a pad was to staple one of those lovely plastic ones that came with the game to some wood so that the sensors would last longer than 3 hours

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Can we all just take a moment to collectively mock everyone who plays "dance" rhythm games with the arrow keys on a keyboard

stepmania was dumb and one of my friends in high school played that poo poo non-stop

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

BigLeafyTree posted:

the best thing about DDR was using the pads to play other games they were wildly unsuited for, like streetfighter

i played dynasty warriors with the pad sometimes when i got bored. it made doing combos and musou attacks more dramatic

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

matrix ripoff posted:

i seriously can't believe i started a ddr thread on the something awful videogames fyad-lite in the year 2014 and it's gotten to page 2 with actual, earnest discussion

:tipshat:

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i wonder if you could play double with a pad and guitar hero controller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ur in my world now