Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

used one of these for the longest time. was awesome for motocross madness 2.
never used the gamecube controller but i dont like the look of it.

DS4 is loving ace tho and if you get DSTOOL then it works flawlessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Video Viddy Games posted:

used one of these for the longest time. was awesome for motocross madness 2.
never used the gamecube controller but i dont like the look of it.

DS4 is loving ace tho and if you get DSTOOL then it works flawlessly.

Was this the sidewinder or am I thinking of something else

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
that is the sidewinder yes! it even had triggers.

there was an earlier sidewinder that was like a banana (the original ds3 design) and that sidewinder was six axis enabled. it was terrible for game playing though or doing anything

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

that is the sidewinder yes! it even had triggers.

there was an earlier sidewinder that was like a banana (the original ds3 design) and that sidewinder was six axis enabled. it was terrible for game playing though or doing anything

The Sidewinder replaced my Gravis Game Pad and I enjoyed it greatly

How about this did anyone ever rock one of these guys

I didn't use the NES version much and ended up trading it to a friend for his copy of Kirby's Adventure but I DID make good use of the SNES version here

I hosed Sagat up many many many times with this thing

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

hell yeah, and the nes advantage had some sort of macro functionality built in iirc. I remember being able to move like twice as fast or something

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i always wanted the nes advantage. ghostbusters2 is responsible for that.

i was also confused about somebody mentioning the super famicon pad earlier that they preferred the japanese version and it turns out that is because the japanese and european one had colourful buttons and the american one had mauve. this was news to me. thank you for teaching me something

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
i can't find it anymore but archie had a strip/ad for a super nintendo ascii controller.

remember when this was gonna be the ps3 controller?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

a gaming controller AND a lethal weapon all rolled up in one

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Action Tortoise posted:

i can't find it anymore but archie had a strip/ad for a super nintendo ascii controller.

i am not making GBS threads i would have used it for certain. wish a useable version existed

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
the Airpad was the best aftermarket controller because if you used a PSOne it was almost bigger than the drat console.

see also: lovely tilt controls a whole two generations before their time

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

i am not making GBS threads i would have used it for certain. wish a useable version existed

i like the face buttons and dpad on this one. they remind me of the psp buttons.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

LaTex Fetish posted:

hell yeah, and the nes advantage had some sort of macro functionality built in iirc. I remember being able to move like twice as fast or something

It had awesome adjustable turbo on the A and B buttons with an LED that would flicker to show you how rapidly it was going. At full tilt the flashing was nearly imperceptible. Slow mo mode was bullshit, though, because it was just turbo for the start button. It only really worked for like one game out of a dozen, stuff like Mega Man meant you were just constantly opening and closing the menu screen.

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010
lmfao. i think you misspelled "dualshock" dog.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Widestancer posted:

How about this did anyone ever rock one of these guys

I've got one of these

I find it less precise than the regular controller, tbh. it definitely makes super mario and mega man 2 harder

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Action Tortoise posted:

finally... a controller that's also a double-ended dildo

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Gobblecoque posted:

finally... a controller that's also a double-ended dildo

how long is your taint?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

how long is your taint?

Yes please post specifics.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
Taint Reaper casually polishes his favourite taint scythe

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
This controller is great for Chessmaster 3-D

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

zelgadis posted:

This controller is great for Chessmaster 3-D

Batman uses that to remotely control the batmobile in the new arkham game.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

mabels big day posted:

Batman uses that to remotely control the batmobile in the new arkham game.

lolin at this because WU-TANG CLAN AIN'T NOTHIN TO gently caress WITH.

Canned Bread
Feb 26, 2013

Best Thing Since Sliced!
I'm ready to up my game with the powers of the wu-tang secret

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Look at that thing. It's beautiful. Everything about it is perfect. The analogue control stick, the perfect balance of precision and smoothness. The ingenious design of the ABXY buttons allowing for maximum comfort and utility. The shoulder buttons satisfyingly click when held down all the way. The c-stick is placed perfectly for quick adjustments even during intense gameplay. And the unsung hero, the left control pad, both under-utilized and under-appreciated.

It just doesn't get better than the gamecube controller. It's a crime that its innovative design hasn't become a standard across the industry.

Yeah.

Dec 26, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yes please post specifics.

Pikachu posted:

Taint Reaper casually polishes his favourite taint scythe

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

surc posted:

lolin at this because WU-TANG CLAN AIN'T NOTHIN TO gently caress WITH.

LOLing at this because.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

LOLing at this because.

well don't leave me hanging!

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Widestancer posted:

Does the DS4 have factory drivers yet? Or at least stable ones? Been looking at getting one for my PC needs.
I just bought one and they work pretty well with 3rd party drivers that make them look like they are 360 controllers. Just be aware that there are two drivers that look mostly the same the first called ScpServer and another called DS4Tool. I had a better experience overall with the DS4Tool but even then sometimes it won't recognize the controller properly out of the bat, and I would need to remove the bluetooth adapter and put it back, restarting the ds4tool application or starting/stopping the server. Also there was this one time when it just crashed and the controller stopped working mid-game and I had to alt-tab and start it back again but this only happened once.
But maybe it's because my bluetooth adapter is lovely, or maybe because the front panel usb are a bit loose, I didn't look too much into this yet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ScpServer has been my thing of choice for DS4.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

scpserver will just not work sometimes, no matter how much I would remove the bluetooth dongle and then put it back, or use other usb port etc. DS4Tool most of the time will work by just stopping then starting the server after opening the application.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

program666 posted:

scpserver will just not work sometimes, no matter how much I would remove the bluetooth dongle and then put it back, or use other usb port etc. DS4Tool most of the time will work by just stopping then starting the server after opening the application.

Something I noticed is it would minimize to the systray and I'd keep opening instances of it without thinking about it which was like loving with it I think.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I noticed that too, that wasn't the case. I think scpserver isn't updated anymore and ds4tool is, and the guy accepts donations if you want some particular functionality done.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When I used the DS3 tool it was more crazy chinese malware-style advertisement than software so I haven't even looked at DS4 tool.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

a good modern controller
i wish i knew how to get it working on my computer though

Dec 26, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

a good modern controller
i wish i knew how to get it working on my computer though

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Wii-Pro-Controller-Adapter/dp/B00E6553PW apparently

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Wormskull posted:

When I used the DS3 tool it was more crazy chinese malware-style advertisement than software so I haven't even looked at DS4 tool.

ds4tool is identical to the scpserver except for the options menu that have tabs and is a bit more organized.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Thanks . I'm getting a pair of controllers in about a week and could use this.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

Thanks . I'm getting a pair of controllers in about a week and could use this.

Not a big deal because most PC games let you rebind stuff, but that adapter literally assigns the Xbox buttons to the Pro controller's buttons, so instead of the bottom button being "A" it means that the literal "A" button on the Pro controller is "A".

It does mean that if you want the same button layout that you'll be rebinding keys in every game you play, though.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Phantasium posted:

Not a big deal because most PC games let you rebind stuff, but that adapter literally assigns the Xbox buttons to the Pro controller's buttons, so instead of the bottom button being "A" it means that the literal "A" button on the Pro controller is "A".

It does mean that if you want the same button layout that you'll be rebinding keys in every game you play, though.

yeah I have an adapter for the wii's pro controller that does the same thing. So glad I got this lovely logitech one instead now.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

SeXReX posted:

yeah I have an adapter for the wii's pro controller that does the same thing. So glad I got this lovely logitech one instead now.

I have one and it's been mostly good but the material on the sticks shave off. And I dunno if it's my controller but when I play Revengeance my slashes won't register unless I follow through. I can't just flick to an angle let the stick return to the center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreaseMonkey
Jun 19, 2001

• Locked thread