Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

H110Hawk posted:

I feel like this is key, people compare a $5.95 in n out burger to something they paid $10 for elsewhere. I don't think I've been to a Whataburger, but compared to Five Guys I feel in n out is vastly superior.

For some, Five Guys is the only option. I've never even SEEN a Whataburger or In-n-out

The Fool posted:

Sharepoint

You beat me :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Defenestrategy posted:

Boss wants me to setup a cloud backup thing. Anyone got recommendations? We're a small company with probably less than a TB of data to backup and not a lot of call to perform restores.

Write a batch script that copies everything to An AWS S3 bucket with an archiving policy to AWS glacier.

poo poo’s so cheap we practically pay you to store your stuff here.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

H110Hawk posted:

I feel like this is key, people compare a $5.95 in n out burger to something they paid $10 for elsewhere. I don't think I've been to a Whataburger, but compared to Five Guys I feel in n out is vastly superior.

Oh, NOW you've started something.

MANime in the sheets posted:

For some, Five Guys is the only option. I've never even SEEN a Whataburger or In-n-out

Yeah, Whataburger is pretty much only down here in Texas, and I think OK? They have billboards that say "You live in a Whataburger state. Lucky you!"
Five Guys is good, too, but a bit more $ that the other two.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Darchangel posted:

Oh, NOW you've started something.

Fight me IRL, I'll be armed with my Lenovo P50 brick with Ubuntu running Windows 10 in a VM so I can connect to Outlook365 and sharepoint.

I like Five Guys, but if it was next to a in-n-out with a 20 minute line and no one in five guys I would wait in line.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
look at all these pathetic slobs, living nowhere near a Shake Shack or Smashburger

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Shake Shack is not really good

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kashuno posted:

Shake Shack is not really good

:wrongful:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Vulture Culture posted:

look at all these pathetic slobs, living nowhere near a Shake Shack or Smashburger

I like BurgerFi better than Smashburger

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm jealous of all you people who live near good fast food.

All I've got is mcdonalds a&w and subway.

papa burgers and ham subs are good tho.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Smashburger is disgusting dog food that should be eaten off the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
In and Out has the worst fries and I also don't remember how the burgers tasted from 8 years ago

But man their fries were worse than McD's so

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I like Wendy's

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Vulture Culture posted:

Speak for yourself I have 4/5 of the places mentioned around (less whattaburger.) Still never been to Shake Shack or Smashburger.

The Iron Rose posted:

In and Out has the worst fries and I also don't remember how the burgers tasted from 8 years ago

I just get a burger and shake those fries are awful.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Look at all these scrubs getting their burgers at chains. I only eat handcrafted, artisanal, cruelty free, grass fed burgers.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Sorry, but the cruelty is what makes burger meat good. The best burger comes from cows that go in the grinder while still alive.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

All these burger places are equally bad.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The Fool posted:

Sorry, but the cruelty is what makes burger meat good. The best burger comes from cows that go in the grinder while still alive.

Oh, I forgot to tell you. They give the cows morphine before going into the grinder while still alive. So they're happy and it's not really cruel.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I had whataburger in vegas and it was genuinely bad and greasy, get some taste you slobs

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

I had whataburger in vegas and it was genuinely bad and greasy, get some taste you slobs

LOL - like I am going to take burger advice from a loving Canadian. Get the hell out of here. I'll let you know when I need poutine recipes.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Methanar posted:

I'm jealous of all you people who live near good fast food.

All I've got is mcdonalds a&w and subway.

papa burgers and ham subs are good tho.

Come to Edmonton. Your choices expand to include Five Guys and DQ.

Internet Explorer posted:

LOL - like I am going to take burger advice from a loving Canadian. Get the hell out of here. I'll let you know when I need poutine recipes.

drat right you will; and you'll make it EXACTLY as we say you heathen.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Iron Rose posted:

1) McDonalds fries are god-tier

2) Yes, In-n-Out has poo poo cardboard rear end garbage fries

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
I thought in n out fries were good when I ate them in the restaurant, but carry out was poo poo. Our smash Burger closed because no one ate there. Honestly, Hardee's is the best fast food burger and fries, followed closely by steak and shake.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Carls Jr is poo poo, so Hardees must also be poo poo.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

adorai posted:

I thought in n out fries were good when I ate them in the restaurant, but carry out was poo poo. Our smash Burger closed because no one ate there. Honestly, Hardee's is the best fast food burger and fries, followed closely by steak and shake.

I remember living in back country Florida.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

very stable genius posted:

All these burger places are equally bad.

Who makes the best cheesesteaks?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

There's this hole in the wall down the street from where I live with walls covered in Philly sports memorabilia and the owner has a ridiculously stereotypical accent.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Last time I had a burger I cooked the patties in my sous vide unit and then sizzled them up all nice and crispy in a ripping hot cast iron pan. Good poo poo. I'll get down with any old burger though. But Shake Shack is way too expensive for what you get.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Tasty Burger is good fast food burgers

Also Raising Canes is probably the best quick chicken tenders around as well also

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

linkedin dickpic posted:

Who makes the best cheesesteaks?

Cheesesteaks are bullshit. Roast pork with broccoli rabe and sharp provolone is the one true Philly sandwich. And it will be equally good at any place that makes it so just go wherever is closest.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CLAM DOWN posted:

I don't think you actually understand what makes a good burger. Saying it shouldn't be greasy is like saying steak should be well done.

If you do a burger on the grill and that poo poo isn't spewing fire every time you touch it, you are gonna have a nasty dry burger, and furthermore

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Internet Explorer posted:

Look at all these scrubs getting their burgers at chains. I only eat handcrafted, artisanal, cruelty free, grass fed burgers.
I know someone like this. He will append every adjective he can think of to every piece of food they eat. In this case, instead of using 'burgers', you added 6 words which didn't need to be there. My friend has topped you, as he recently added 16 words to describe a drink. The only relevant word is bolded:

"almond milk latte with no added sweeteners, carrageenen-free almond milk, and organic, shade grown coffee beans"

Just say "I had a nice latte" you insufferable dick.

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Smashburger is disgusting dog food that should be eaten off the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo
Seconded.

RFC2324 posted:

I don't think you actually understand what makes a good burger. Saying it shouldn't be greasy is like saying steak should be well done.
Counterpoint: Is there really anything worse than telling someone else how to enjoy their food though?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Counterpoint: Is there really anything worse than telling someone else how to enjoy their food though?

Eating well done steak

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

When people judge you for not appreciating whiskey aged beer

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

you can enjoy ketchup on your well done steak if you like, yes. you will still be objectively wrong tho

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Come to Edmonton. Your choices expand to include Five Guys and DQ.

I love five guys in my mouth

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I know someone like this. He will append every adjective he can think of to every piece of food they eat. In this case, instead of using 'burgers', you added 6 words which didn't need to be there. My friend has topped you, as he recently added 16 words to describe a drink. The only relevant word is bolded:

"almond milk latte with no added sweeteners, carrageenen-free almond milk, and organic, shade grown coffee beans"

Just say "I had a nice latte" you insufferable dick.

Should have used the full name of his favorite almond milk, like so:

mewse
May 2, 2006

A guy at work couldn't get over it when I said "wanna do 5 guys?" to a different coworker

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Sepist posted:

When people judge you for not appreciating whiskey aged beer

I like my beer aged in chardonnay barrels.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I cook my own burgers at home. The price I'd pay for a burger at Five Guys is enough to buy like 2 lbs of ground beef, and then I have homemade burgers for days.

The best part of Five Guys is seeing what people will draw on those little cards they put up on the wall. Sometimes you find some insane works of art.

(And the fries. They always give you Too Many Fries.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Steak and shake has the worst fries

Cheesesteaks are great but the one true sandwich is Italian beef