Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

MagnumOpus posted:

Counterpoint: As someone in the process of (deliberately) moving from Management back to SME, I will not miss constantly being asked why there are "two of everything".

Just tell them because two is better than 1. Don't go into the whole redundancy thing. I learned along time ago that just gets blank expressions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Aunt Beth posted:

Just wait til Powershell comes to Linux comes to Windows. The singularity is beautiful.

Marketing will still want Macs.

You can load Powershell on a Mac or Linux, good luck getting the freaking modules to ever work worth a drat but hey it is in fact doable!

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

but QA is actually going away, just look how successful its made Microsoft!

This goes hand n hand with screw development environments, we do all our testing in Production!

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yea, backing up O365 environments is highly desirable for some customers. We just talked to one that flat out wouldn’t look at solutions that couldn’t back up their Exchange, OneDrive and Sharepoint environments as well as on prem.

I've always been curious on this. 365 has internal backups. Hell you can do PITR in one drive, you have 2 week periods on Exchange and SPO, what's the motivation for adding a third party into that mixture?

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

George H.W. oval office posted:

Here’s a fun one. What is your app toolset for managing your environment on your phone? I’m on call but nowhere near my laptop to manage the environment if need be.

So far I have azure/office 365 admin apps. VPN, password/record keeper, and a basic RDP tool. Anything cool out there for mobile system administration?

The Vsphere mobile app comes to mind, Meraki mobile app though as I recall I used to have hell with MFA on the silly phone that the app ran on.