Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

penga86
Aug 26, 2003

GIG 'EM

CloFan posted:

We use Numara Track-It! 8.5. It works pretty well, I haven't really had any annoyances with it yet. Pretty much any feature you'd want a ticketing system to have, this has it.

Were you guys ever able to get the remote support or inventory parts working? We used that same program but for some reason could never get it to pull info from machines or let us do the screen sharing support. This was almost 6 years ago so it might have gotten better or our install was just done improperly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penga86
Aug 26, 2003

GIG 'EM

Misogynist posted:

Anyone have a preferred SSH client app for iPhone these days?

This one has a ton of 5 star reviews and is free. That being said, I've never actually used it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/server-auditor-ssh-shell-console/id549039908?mt=8

penga86
Aug 26, 2003

GIG 'EM

Inspector_666 posted:

I tried using it, but apparently I have to guess correctly 100 times in a row to see my own estimate, which seems dumb since if I knew what a title was worth I wouldn't be on the site to begin with.

Plus you can apparently go into negative points?!

I think the closer you are to the group average the more points you receive. I probably rated about 10-15 people before I got mine put in the queue to get rated. Then I got an email about 15 minutes later with people confirming to me that I'm underpaid :(

penga86
Aug 26, 2003

GIG 'EM
This may have already been covered but I'll ask anyway. My wife just let me know she got accepted into medical school in downtown Dallas and so I'm off to hunt for a job so we can move there. Does everyone here recommend using recruiters or going through normal listings online? My buddy who lives in Dallas swears by Robert Half, but I've heard mostly bad things about them and recruiters in general.