Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(
Does anyone have a particular piece of asset tracking software they like? I'm looking for something to keep track of our hardware, but everything I've seen so far is a bloated and expensive piece of poo poo. I'll probably just roll up a simple one myself, but I was hoping there is something out there that could save me some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004

Roargasm posted:

The first thing I did this morning was miss my mouth when I went to take a sip of coffee so bear with me here.

Can anyone help me trace mac addresses to a port on an Extreme switched L2/L3 network? I'm implementing a vlan for our IPCam network and need to find out where the cameras are coming into the access layer switches. The only local routes at the access layer are for my management vlan, so show fdb doesn't give me anything useful. I can pull up the full arp table, and see the mac addresses I'm looking for on the switch, but it's pointing me to the trunk port. Any way to find out where these things plug into the network without trial and error? All of the vlan routing is done at the main fiber switch and the environment is an x670 in the middle and fiber runs to x440s all around campus.

Try ` show fdb` that should be the mac address table.

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
I've been using a server with some good gigabit nics and vyos (http://vyos.net/wiki/Main_Page) for my office router. I am super satisfied with it, but its CLI only for config.

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
AWS VPCs work pretty well and you can make IPSec tunnels between networks fairly easily even with something as simple as a linux box running strongSwan. If you already have a Cisco ASA or something similar, it's even easier to configure.

Pockyless fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 3, 2015