Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

So we're looking at downgrading our helpdesk software because our current setup is more expensive and more overkill than we really require. We have some vendors showing us there poo poo, and I was going to suggest throwing Spiceworks into the mix and compare them all.

I'm under the impression that for basic helpdesk software, they're pretty well regarded. Is that the case?

I have no idea what your requirements are, but we needed some very basic ticketing software and SysAid fit the bill for us quite nicely.

The alternative was a custom-built SharePoint ticketing system; thankfully the Director who was pushing that idea got shitcanned before it ever happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

Sickening posted:

My crazy ciso has just declared we have had a breech by Microsoft. She has stated that the "MS-PIM" account has performed unauthorized actions.

The actions? Its shows the account is removing roles when the role assignment expired.

loving lol.

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

GreenNight posted:

Y’all need to relink those.

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

BaseballPCHiker posted:

My current place is worried that they'll lose people left and right, so they recently added a bunch of benefits. Added a week of PTO across the board for everyone, different/better insurance, more half days, etc. They literally brought up "anti-work" and the great resignation several times in the last all staff meeting.

lol, i can't even imagine this level of "give a gently caress" for your employees.

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

Thanks Ants posted:

Google push everything towards GAM while saying they don't support using it.

I haven't touched Google Workspace scripting in years and am both surprised and unsurprised that it still relies on lovely third-party python projects. M365 owns, Powershell owns.

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

Farking Bastage posted:

I half rear end redacted this but I'm getting ready to send something to HR. I don't think I should continue to have to answer to the guy who had me perp walked 2 years ago who continues to gently caress with me.

Delete that draft and call a lawyer.

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

BaseballPCHiker posted:

That letter wont accomplish what you think

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug
Goons, who doesn't hate their ticketing system? Share your wisdom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug
Thanks for ticket system chat - I wouldn't touch Spiceworks with a 10' pole. I'll check out Zendesk. Coming from SysAid at my last job, which was fine/cheap/easy back then, but I think it's only uphill from there.