Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Picardy Beet
Feb 7, 2006

Singing in the summer.

joe944 posted:

... Losing just one more person would make my job VERY difficult and would almost put me into an always on-call situation, which I absolutely will not deal with. ...

You've just described my current situation, after having passed the last six months to alert the upper management on the huge pile of risks if this would arrive. Guess what? Did nothing.
Having strong technical competences on Dynamics Ax makes me more than confident I'll find something better paid so I tried to play nice. There are still* some people here I appreciate. But now, I'm pissed off, and so I've got two interviews in the next week (and a huge pile of opportunities, here in France having Ax / MorphX / X++ in you CV gets you a call in half a day.).

My regret : I haven't jumped off the board earlier. My contractual 3 full months before leaving will be really long, but seeing the alarmed face of some when they'll understood that playing with fire is a bad idea will be nice.

(*) I'll be the third to get out, and I count at least six other people on different services who are on the verge to do the same. Shame, they're the good ones. That's what you get in a company which doesn't understand the value of HR.

Get the gently caress out. Now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picardy Beet
Feb 7, 2006

Singing in the summer.
Return trip report from my first round of interview :
- 30% raise min from actual salary without even having started to negociate. I'm wondering how high this can go up too.
- cool job on a technology I really made my teeth on, Dynamics Ax, the PSA module mostly. Like I said, havin Ax/X++ on your CV makes you a target for recruiting right now in Europe, but kwowing PSA makes it even more ridiculous.

Still 2 more IT service companies to see, with similar missions & packages from what I've been told.

And 2 internal IT for industrial companies.

My resignation couldn't be closer.

Picardy Beet
Feb 7, 2006

Singing in the summer.
Got a buzy Friday with two job interviews (the technical ones), which will transform into two cool job offerings. Now to give my resignation and have it accepted before ten days (or I'll have to stay at my job 4 more months instead of 3 ). Yay for France labour laws. But anyways time to celebrate :dance: .

Picardy Beet
Feb 7, 2006

Singing in the summer.

GOOCHY posted:

Hi there, forums poster Punc. You work in IT. If you are smart you are a mercenary. Hope this helps.

Give her two weeks notice and cordially say goodbye to your fellow staff on the last day. The End.

This maybe look abrupt to you Punc, but it's probably the best advice you will ever have on this subject. And I can say this because the other option lead me dangerously close to depression.
You're dedicated to your job and it's a great quality. But it can also be a very powerful leverage to manipulate you. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. Do your contractual three months before leaving and get the gently caress out.

Picardy Beet
Feb 7, 2006

Singing in the summer.
Tomorrow I'll have the final interview for one of the two jobs offers I'm liking the most. It's more HR paper trail and money talks than everything else, but still, wish me luck. I've already prepared my resignation, only my signature is lacking.

Edit: and I just have received congratulations for getting the second one too. Can't complain to be spoilt for choice, specially after those past months. As I'll be in Belgium tomorrow regarding the paper trail, it's definitely :cheers: Chimay time :cheers:.

Picardy Beet fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 24, 2014

Picardy Beet
Feb 7, 2006

Singing in the summer.
New episode of Picardy Beet job extreme revenganza : did the final interview with the HR manager - even if it was biased, i was coopted by a lot of people at my future company, having worked with them before. The raise will be even more than expected (40%). And this doesn't take account of the car and mobile advantages. Really should have take the merc mentality before.

Picardy Beet
Feb 7, 2006

Singing in the summer.
I'm tasting the sweetest revenge you can dream of. Seen a very comprehensive the big boss for giving my resignation, completely bypassing my manager. This moron is directly responsible for three departures in 6 months (nice average) - bad luck, all three are people the General Manager estimates in key roles, including me. He is destined to have a really nice meeting tomorrow morning, which he doesn't even expect. :commissar: Too bad he can't be fired as he's here thanks to the shareholders.

Picardy Beet
Feb 7, 2006

Singing in the summer.
I'm exerting my bragging rights as my new job starts tomorow, and with a well deserved raise (10k€).
The situaton is still ridiculous :
-two ERPs (Dynamics Ax 2009), nothing integrated. Neither finance, purchase or warehouse management are used - payroll I understand France being France, but this is a first.
- a huge pile of specific X++ code. Without any documentation.
This move to 2012 R3 will be fun (note to Microsoft : stop using years for Dynamics Ax,).
For those asking "Why?", this is the result of 6 consecutive years of 2 digits growth., with an IT manager throwing money at a software integrator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picardy Beet
Feb 7, 2006

Singing in the summer.

Gort posted:

Anyone know a good way to log what's using memory on a Windows server? Like if a server hit 100% memory utilisation last Tuesday, I could check the logs and see that 80% of the RAM was taken up by MySQL or whatever.

I know there are solutions like NewRelic which are good if you want to monitor a bunch of servers, but this user only runs a single server and doesn't want to pay money. I was looking at Windows Performance Monitor but I don't think there's a way to make it log RAM usage by process.

Dumb question, isn't there any WMI performance counters for mySQL, like any other modern SGBD running on Windows ? If there is some, all you need is just a small script to have the RAM usage of your instance logged somewhere.

Edit : Else, you can batch something around Get-Process in PowerShell

Picardy Beet fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 12, 2020