Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

DoctorWhat posted:

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet (I probably already did), but there is a subsection of the Doctor Who fandom that maintains that Time Lords never have sex, are comically unaware of what sex is, and are produced from genetic "Looms".

How can someone look at Tom Baker and continue making that argument?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

DoctorWhat posted:

Well it's based on a tie-in novel from 1997 called Lungbarrow written by Marc Platt, who wrote for Sylvester McCoy's TV era. The 90s were a weird time and, with Doctor Who "dead", folks experimented with weird sci-fi stuff.

Dumb nerd poo poo, got it.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

DoctorWhat posted:

I AM THE KING OF DOCTOR WHO

CHRIS HARDWICK THOROUGHLY UPSTAGED, WIL WHEATON BROUGHT TO SHAME

ALL HAIL DOCTORWHAT

ALL HAIL THE COAT

I think we all knew it would come to this.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

DoctorWhat posted:

I have reached my moment of apotheosis. You, and all other Doctor Who fans, are no longer needed.

He may have to be put down.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah.

The Sarah Jane Adventures is really really good children's television, but it's very much children's television. It deals with kid's and teenager's issues - absent/abusive families, body image issues, et cetera - and it deals with them really well, but it's not a show "for" grown-ups.

Can you use a similar method and explain this poo poo to bronies?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
THERE it is.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Okay, NOW I'm ready to vote 5, go hog wild.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

DoctorWhat posted:

I don't know if I should actually post in this thread for a while. I don't think there's anything I can say. Okay, two things:

1. The Abzorbaloff is based partially on infamous superfan Ian Levine.

2. This:

Man, I don't know if I want to get super-drunk with you or forbid you from ever drinking.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I mever understood the Fear Her hate either. I watched it once, it struck me as aggressively boring and I haven't bothered watching it since.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
ṭ̩̤̹͎̱͈h̬̗̳e̡͎ ̴̜̫̘̼c҉̖̝o͚̰a̴t̶̜͈ ì̝͙͚͘s̼͓͔̯̳͔̗̙ ̷̷̝̹̱̼̻̟͕̠͖t̵͍͉͘a̴̗̫͎̤̞̼̗̟k̛̺̞̲͓i̝̣̣n̵͔̤̲͟ǵ̭̺̦͚͘ h̷̴͖͎̰͍͎̳͔̼̯͎͓̀͂̍́̔̓ͩ́̏͒́͢i̗̺̞̯̙̠̬̱̭̇̒ͥ͒̋̅ͥͩͧ̉̄ͮ͑̃͆͌͂͂̀̀͞ͅs̵͇͎̗͔͉̥̠̪̜̺͈̎͋ͥ̅̄̓̑ͭ̐͒ͤ̃ͨ͗̈ͪ̚̕͘ ̶̱̯͖͓͙̗̲̳̈͋̒̌ͩ͗̃̽͌ͤ̂̇̀͘͜͞ͅmͫ̀̉̽ͫ͑͗́̔̈͊͞͏̜̤̝̳̫̠͕̰̱̤͢į̵̛ͣ̐ͪͬ̒҉̨̻͚̠̣͍̹̜̘n̵͖̟̙̹̣̮͍̮̺̅̽̓͛ͩͪͤ̽̈́ͯ̋̚ͅd̵̟̯͉̼̙̦̜̲̻̺̩͙̟͓̭͔̳ͭ͒̀̆̆̉͐ͬ͠ͅͅ

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Okay, Ocx, pick one:

1) Constant recommendations for audio adventures

2) Future episode spoilers

You can only ban one apparently.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
You chose ... well.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Seriously, y'all are telling a guy who's just trying beer for the first time to drink a Triple IPA. Settle down.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
GOOD NEWS, NOW THAT YOU'VE FINALLY SEEN THE RUNAWAY BRIDE, YOU CAN READ MY FANFIC ABOUT DONNA NOBLE AND THE DOCTOR'S TRAVELS THROUGH SPACE AND TIME WITHOUT FEAR OF SPOILERS.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
We are in strong danger of an Irony Spiral, everyone pull up now, now now!

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Toxxupation posted:

No review tonight, sorry

MODS?!

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Annakie posted:

They're both getting banned for failing to entertain us for probably totally legit reasons.

Thank god we have some order around here.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Homestuck peaked at [S] Enter, it was all downhill from there into boring nonsense instead of exciting nonsense.

Edit: Come on, y'all have been standing on the edge of this poo poo pit for two pages, let's get on with it.

primaltrash fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 16, 2014

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Trin Tragula posted:

I'm sorry, I have to take issue with this suggestion that that is a normal person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrrzSGEXsjI

It's like a live action Scooby Doo.

:tviv: the Scooby Doo crew would be the ultimate companions :aaa:

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah.... was it in PYF or something?

It's easy to forget it existed when you haven't looked at it for a while.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

BSam posted:

You really care about proving you don't care, or do you? I don't know because this is this internet!?

And you're really determined to prove how much you don't care about how much he really does care, please stop before you two start an irony spiral.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Father was actually the Doctor's last punishment doled out, he was out of ideas.

Imagine four Fathers on the edge of a cliff.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
It ain't worth dick, we're watchin' Blink, :getin:

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Even for games with big numbers, 9 million is a lot to lose by.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Bicyclops posted:

He could have been one of those bosses in the Monster Arena in actual Final Fantasy X and he still would have died!

Quote the above and say "Trap sprung!" for a readymade joke. ;)

sorry, I don't know much about pokemon

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Bicyclops posted:

Capital G God isn't historically considered much of a trickster, though.

Sicking a bear on some kids making fun of a bald dude because he prayed for it was pretty funny.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Episodes where people aren't acting like themselves are terrible entries to a series, no matter how good they are.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

g0del posted:

^^^ That's more garbage from the novels. Doctor Who went to a strange place when it wasn't on television.
What have we done? By the end of this you're going to be listening to audios and watching The Five(ish) Doctors and unironically enjoying them.

Having him watch a couple Tom Baker serials wouldn't be the biggest crime in the world.

Just leave off with the audios, y'know?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Toxxupation posted:

it's a titanic failure

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Voyage of the Damned is really bad. Really really bad.

Oxxidation posted:

Occ was giving me this long thoughtful spiel on how they were already doing Astrid a disservice as Season 4's Companion and I was in the far corner of the room the whole time basically doing a 19th-century gold-prospector's dance, A+ would watch again

:getin:

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Voyage of the Damned was the only new Who episode that I quit halfway through. It was so unbelievably boring and stupid that I couldn't take it anymore, I gave up 30 minutes in.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I am hyped as gently caress for your review of the next episode.

VVV I was actually expecting a B or at worst a high C.

primaltrash fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 6, 2014

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Toxxupation posted:

youre a monster

:thurman:

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Toxx, you should check out Tennant's Hamlet if you haven't already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-NLnsq3P7Y

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Make him watch Farscape, IMO.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

I knew you'd love this episode. Donna Noble isn't a companion, she is a force of nature. :allears:

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Bicyclops posted:

:lol: that people still believe any of the three Doctor Who threads on this forum aren't almost exactly the loving same and that the one they post in is somehow superior to the other. It's mostly the same posters in all of them with exactly the same discussions. Toxx's reviews honestly read like most of the ones in the main thread except that they're normally longer. None of the threads even have an overwhelming consensus on things. You get a bit more Big Finish in the main thread, a bit more hatred for the current season in the spoiler thread, and a few more people pretending really hard not to like Doctor Who in this thread, that's really about it.

For the record, everything said here is absolutely true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I'm wishing I had done the contest now, I think I would have cleaned up. Glad to see Ox really enjoyed this episode, can't wait for his thoughts on the next two.

• Locked thread