Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Toxxidation just wasted his time and cash then. He has made a huge mistake trusting Ubisoft and NOT Moffat!

Normally this is a pretty agreeable sentiment by sheer force of how badly Ubisoft has been dropping the ball.

But Far Cry has been this special little gem, between 3, Blood Dragon and, from what I've seen and heard, 4. It's apparently immune to the problems of their other big titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

surc posted:

On TV, we're also told that Eleven also dips out for River's birthdays or whatever (Good man goes to war), so it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect him to do it other times. :shrug:

And according to the minisodes I believe they show he doesn't even have to drop them off. He just goes out to party when they are sleeping.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

howe_sam posted:

I did enjoy Elevan's Sherlock bit, right down to using the same music as Sherlock. That he was completely and absolutely wrong made it all better

:hfive:

The best part is that he's specifically completely wrong about the human man but had the Intelligence's number immediately.

I really enjoyed this Christmas special more than most of the others, but I think a lot of it is because most of the other specials are kinda poo poo.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I completely forgot about this episode, which is a shame because it's pretty good. It was pretty neat finding out that the horrifying monster isn't even evil.

I also really liked the monster design.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I think it's because he an Oxx disagreed heavily about those 2?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

It seems my opinions on the back half of season 7 are mostly that the episodes were okay but had some issues.

This is how I feel about 7.5 as well. I have been a fan of Eleven and Moffat's DW since I started watching but by the end of the next Christmas special I was starting to get pretty tired of it until Capaldi relit my interest.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Jurgan posted:

That was a typical Square Enix trailer, in that it was a bunch of images with fast-editing that tells me absolutely nothing about the game itself. Squenix is a master of these deceptive trailers, making boring games look epic and exciting. Still, your recommendation of Persona 4 paid off, so I'll add Nier to my list.
Nier is made by different people than FF. It's the guy who made Drakengard/Drag-On Dragoon but people seem to really like this one for more than just sheer insanity.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

It should also be noted that a chunk of that episode portrayed in the last two videos was improv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ziXpIPAhD4

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Diabolik900 posted:

In general, I think it's only the first half that people disliked. Most people seemed to like it from the restaurant scene on.

That is really where it hits its stride. Though the first half had Capaldi freaking out an old man about his new body.

I really love season 8 and the very new dynamic Capadi and Clara start to have. It's something very different from anything else in the revival, which isn't necessarily better, but it's very refreshing after the second half of 7.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

Danny did a flip

I thought I remembered that flip being even more ridiculous but I probably just remembered Twin Snakes enough times since watching that I just assume it was.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Kill the Moon solidified Season 8 Clara as my second favorite companion.

I don't know if I'm just looking at KTM through rose-tinted glasses, though. It's been a long time and all I really remember is the Doctor loving off in the middle, Clara giving the entire Earth the finger and her being rightfully furious with the Doctor.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

howe_sam posted:

I loved Foxes cover of Don't Stop Me Now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-6fEj17MK4 Queen as a torch song rules.

Thank you for posting this. I never remember to look this up when I remember it but it's also one of my favorite things to come out of Doctor Who.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Occ should check out Contradiction. Partly because it's a pretty neat little murder mystery game and mostly because the lead actor looks like he watched Tennant play the Doctor and went "yeah, that's how you act well."

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

It's been a long time but I distinctly remember these kids being all terrible.

I did enjoy seeing the Doctor learn his lesson from Kill the Moon, at least. It's one good bit.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

computer parts posted:

"Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference?"

:allears:

The whole scene, from when Clara heard the TARDIS to that line, is one of my favorite scenes of the revival.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

2house2fly posted:

I initially didn't like the volcano scene because it's not setting up anything in the plot, it wasn't previously set up and several elements integral to it come out of nowhere (in Eleventh Hour didn't a new key magically appear in the Doctor's hand? But now he only has seven, ever? And the sleep patches have literally never been mentioned before) and, well, "it was all a dream" feels like a cheap resolution. As a Steven Moffat scene it's disappointingly un-puzzleboxy, but I love the character stuff enough that the clunky stuff is worth it.

I assumed the Eleventh Hour key was already there but it burned to let him know the TARDIS was ready.

Also possible he only ever told Clara about those 7.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

How's that one guy doing on his Nier playthrough, speaking of Toxx being nearly done with the reviews?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

The ending of Last Christmas is really weird because you can clearly see that it was thrown in because Jenna Coleman decided not to leave. Other than that, though, this is the best Christmas special and if it doesn't make sense than neither does the second episode of everyone's favorite cartoon.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I'm choosing to believe that that scene was just Moffat maliciously murdering the shows more obnoxious fans after personifying them as an extremely evil person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

thexerox123 posted:

I watched season 1 as a kid, but was always way more into Pokemon... but I rewatched a bunch of season 1 on Netflix with an ex-girlfriend a couple of years ago, and we were both surprised by how well it held up in these regards... it really was pretty good at character development.

It wouldn't be a terrible idea to check out season 3, Digimon Tamers. When I was a kid I missed out on it but I went back when I decided to rewatch the series out of a nostalgia kick a few years ago. Even without the rose-tinted glasses it was remarkably better than either of the first 2 seasons and far better than it had any right to be.

Summer Wars, while not Digimon, is also a good watch as it's made by the guy who did the second movie, Our War Games. It's basically a retelling without the Digimon.

• Locked thread