Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Tiggum posted:

Because it's incredibly dumb.

That really, really annoyed me. She was right. And I never understood how the Doctor had supposedly ruined her career. He says "Don't you think she looks tired?" to... someone? And that makes everyone think she's not fit to be PM any more? What? :confused:

It's a reference to the same rumor about Thatcher spread by one of her aides, which allegedly contributed to the loss of faith in her amongst the Tories and thus her ousting from Party leadership. It might even be seen as a suggestion that the Doctor did the same thing to Thatcher if you squint at it hard enough.

I don't think they ever outright state this but it seems pretty clearly implied that there's some sort of memetic psychic trick there - an implanted suggestion that passes itself along.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Aug 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Attitude Indicator posted:

ive rarely been this embarrassed on behalf of someone else

Someone's got to be since he clearly refuses to do it himself.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

marktheando posted:

Poor Olivia Colman.

Are there really so many Americans that would refuse to watch a very good tv show because of some accents?

It's not really about the accents. BBC America has the rights to distribute Broadchurch proper (and has been showing it), so if Fox has to do a remake anyway they might as well go whole-hog.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Fox, making smart decisions since

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

1996! If the TV Movie had been followed-up-on, it'd have been dreadful!

Yes, but they also actually made it in the first place, so that counts against them.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

If you were really men you'd review every radio play and then host a podcast where you are forced to interact with DoctorWhat for a solid hour about each and every godforsaken one of them

Again, it's still not a suicide attempt.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Complete the trifecta with Harry Potter. Bonus points for also being in Rome.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

It's also incredibly spoilery. I only ever played it right after it came out, but unless they've changed it since then, it starts partway through the Smith years and bounces around through them.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

The answer to #1 is almost assuredly Shearman, as he wrote the audio story "Jubilee", and "Dalek" is a remake/retooling of that story, although it's still possible that Rusty was the one who asked him to retool it.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

An American Doctor would be played by Wil Wheaton and I would learn what a gun barrel tastes like.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

It's Michael B. Jordan, the dude who's playing the Human Torch in the new Fantastic Four movie.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Jordan for the Doctor, Barkley for the Master, Muggsy Bogues as Strax. Bill Murray as companion.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

One of my fairly close relatives had a prominent role in this film. (If anyone can guess who on their first try, they get an avatar cert!)

I should send a link to this podcast to said relative.

You know, now that you mention it, I can see the resemblance to Chris Rock.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Ten had a pistol in his finale, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Incorrect link, this one works better.

• Locked thread