Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Smackdown was on and it was pretty fun actually.

1. The Usos defeated Rybaxel. I guess this was Ryback and Curtis Axel’s reward for winning the tag match against Koaf-E on Raw. Per Rybaxel’s contract, they will now get 15 consecutive rematches against The Usos.

- The Miz hosted MizTV and talked to (in no specific order) Bo Dallas, Dolph Ziggler and a fan whose child loves Roman Reigns more than The Miz. He loves Roman more than he loves The Miz, not he loves Roman more than The Miz loves Roman. Now that I typed it out I guess they both work. Anyway, everybody ends up fighting because MizTV only exists to set up throwaway matches in the middle of shows.

2. Bo Dallas defeated Dolph Ziggler. HE’S HERE TO SHOW THE WORLD. The Miz stayed out to do color commentary, so I’ll give you three guesses how the match ends. The first 600 are “The Miz distracts Ziggler, allowing Bo to get a roll-up and a win.” Guess #601 is “Mr. NXT showed up and kicked Ziggler’s rear end.”

3. Dean Ambrose defeated Cesaro in a No Disqualification Match. This is … probably a reason to watch Smackdown. Ambrose won with a roll-up, because no other match on the show ended that way. Apparently Cesaro suplexed Ambrose onto a stack of chairs, and Zandig jumped off a scissor-lift. I’m kidding about one of those. After the match, Seth Rollins attacked and they beat up Ambrose. Not totally sure why he didn’t attack DURING the no-DQ match, but what can you do.

4. Paige defeated Naomi. From the actual Smackdown spoilers: “Naomi, who got a nice hometown reaction, tapped out quickly.” That’s the most statistically-correct sentence you can type about WWE. If you hear you’re going to wrestle in your hometown, take the night off.

- Goldust and Stardust were in the Sensual Seduction room and said some stuff.

5. Bray Wyatt defeated R-Truth. Here’s Truth standing up for his good friend Chris Jericho. After the match, Bray Wyatt delivered a long-winded promo. I believe this is the first time he’s been allowed to do this on television.

6. Roman Reigns defeated Alberto Del Rio. Hey, Smackdown sounds pretty good this week. All this match needs is Ricardo Rodriguez coming out of the crowd in a dog mask and whacking somebody with a bucket.

Then RAW was on and it was also a decent show!

WWE Raw results:

- The show began with John Cena addressing the challenge from Brock Lesnar last week and being interrupted by Paul Heyman. This led to Cesaro showing up to stand up for Heyman and challenging Cena to a match (despite no longer being a “Paul Heyman Guy.”)

1. John Cena defeated Cesaro. Cena pinned Cesaro after an Attitude Adjustment from the second rope.

- AJ and Paige had an in-ring confrontation. Paige assured everyone that she and AJ were still friends. She “accidentally” said the word “crazy,” causing AJ to attack her.

- Triple H and Stephanie McMahon attempted to address Stephanie being arrested during last week’s show but were interrupted by Chris Jericho. Jericho tried to drop the old “trash bag ho” line on Stephanie but was stopped by HHH. Seth Rollins attacked Jericho from behind, and a match was made for later in the night.

Note: Chris Jericho vs. Bray Wyatt was also made official for SummerSlam.

2. Dolph Ziggler and The Usos defeated Rybaxel and The Miz. Ziggler pinned Ryback after a Zig Zag.

3. R-Truth defeated Bo Dallas. Truth rolled up Dallas for the three, ending Bo’s undefeated streak. After the match, Bo snapped and assaulted Truth, planting him with a double-underhook DDT.

- Lana and Rusev continued their “which country is better at things” problem with the United States and, by proxy, Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter. Swagger and Rusev brawled a bit and set up a flag match.

4. Adam Rose defeated Damien Sandow. Sandow was dressed as an astronaut. Rose beat him almost instantly with the Party Foul.

- Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton didn’t happen. Orton attacked Reigns as Reigns made his entrance, assaulted him for several minutes and gave him two RKOs onto (and then through) the announce table.

5. Diego defeated Fandango. Fandango was distracted by Layla, Summer Rae and El Torito, leading to a roll-up loss.

6. Naomi and Natalya defeated Cameron and Alicia Fox. Naomi tapped out Cameron to a new leg scissors submission to get the win for her team.

7. Chris Jericho vs. Seth Rollins went to a No Contest. Or possibly a DQ victory for Jericho. The Wyatt Family showed up from out of nowhere and beat up Jericho.

- Brie Bella agreed to drop the assault and battery charges against Stephanie McMahon if she (1) got her job back, and (2) got a match with Stephanie at SummerSlam. Stephanie reluctantly agreed, then slapped Brie, causing a pull-apart brawl.

All results cribbed from http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/

ALSO Prince Devitt has signed with the WWE and will be reporting to developmental TODAY to get into the WWE style.

edit: I hosed up the tag, HulkaMatt save me!

Memento fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Michael Sempervive is calling the network as having 750-775k subs. "Should really be considered a success, but won't be due to their inflated expectations."

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Shima Honnou posted:

With one move Brock Lesnar broke The Undertaker's head and his streak. I can only imagine Daniel's head snapping off and the body running around like a free range chicken for a few minutes.

Or 18 months :v:

In regards to Network talk, I really hope that they're not cutting so much that the production values suffer, but most businesses of that size have HR, middle management people etc that could stand to be leaned out a little. I saw that the stock is up 6% on after-hours trading, so people are obviously buying the cuts as being effective. Great news on the international launch of the Network, I actually just had a couple of friends sign up with unblock.us who might be a little annoyed that they've signed up like this just as it becomes available legitimately.

I'm more than happy to wait and see, the stock price jump is nice; I'm at more than 10% increase on my investment right now in the space of a few months, plus a small dividend. I'll be bummed if the Truck Monkeys go, that's for drat sure.

Memento fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 1, 2014

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

D Lambent posted:

Not a deal breaker and I'm not looking for them to make a tribute to him because he ended up being a psychopathic, brain damaged loving nutjob, but what benefit is there to editing out references towards him re: Network content? I'm surprised they kept him in any of the content at all, though.

It's to prevent this:

Hysterina McThinkofthechildren on Mother Jones posted:

LOOK! THEY HAVE A CHILD KILLING PSYCHOPATH THAT THEY'RE ADVERTISING ON THEIR NETWORK! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLE BABY JESUS!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

NickRoweFillea posted:

Everyone please support Batista and go see GotG because it's movie of the summer.

Funny you should say that.

What are you gonna do?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

omgomgomg posted:

Should Lawler be wrestling at all at his age/condition and having a heart attack?

gently caress no he shouldn't.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

EugeneJ posted:

I dunno, depends if it's classified as "Pyro" or "Ballyhoo" on the expense report

Dunno about pyro, but ballyhoo is "often used for trolling purposes", so I guess it's that.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I'm really not sure I'd use the word "skinny" to describe him right now.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Is that a baby raccoon? Put me on the Batistowns bandwagon please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That Devitt interview broke my brain because I thought his character was basically "bombastic Irish dickbag" but there he seemed super quiet and super nice. :)

I vaguely remember him being pretty respectful and nice on the Art of Wrestling podcast he did. Anyways, it looks like it's RAW time everyone! You don't have to go home to post, but you can't stay here and post.

• Locked thread