Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

LingcodKilla posted:

poo poo am I too late????

You either live in the same town on a silly little peninsula as me, or are wearing a sweatshirt with the name of a town you don't live in.

How're you enjoying all this wind we're having?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I took a selfie today!

Sorry my eyes are red, been peckin' at seed all day.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Do I need to bring the chicken?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I have gotta admit the current Borderlands aesthetic going on IRL is extremely my jam. I am ashamed for even feeling this way but it's true.

I realized I haven't posted Bird in a bit. He was excited to be taking selfies again, I think he thinks going stock-still and pressing the button is some bizarre solo Red Light Green Light and loves playing along. Here I am getting a kiss.

That's a good looking bird!

I trained my Australorp to fly up to my shoulder for treats today...

Which was dumb 'cause she pecked me in the eyeball when I looked at her.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

My eye hurts a little bit, but I can still see, so I'll chalk that up as a win.

I need to stop spoiling the chickens anyways, they won't stop following me when I'm outside.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Chickens have decided that hopping in my lap for pets is a cool and good thing to do, I'm trying to just chill and read tho. At least on my legs they're out of eyeball range.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

So the Navy relaxed hair standards and shoreleave may be a bit restricted so I prepared in advance.

10 years in the Navy of getting my hair cut every other week, I was ready for a cut when they locked the barber shops down too, now it's been almost two months, I wish I still had nice thick hair instead of thin and straggly so I could properly take advantage of the situation.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

It's been a rough week, and today's a day off, so we're gonna spend some time in bed cuddling today.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Spinz posted:

Pacific Northwest
Where I am from
It's frickin beautiful as hell

No it's terrible and rainy all the time, just look at this horrible weather we're having.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I find your DoD approved face covering tasteful and conservative in design.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

It’s outdated since October.

If you want a more hip, modern look that all the kids will groove to you can have my ripped up Type III blouse.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I think the fun of a Med Cruise might be a bit ruined by the current events, I've heard all foreign port calls are canceled for now. :smith:

I got told I was gonna go to the Med like ten times, then ended up just spending 18 months in the north Atlantic.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

titties posted:

FOr me it was like Oh, you wanted to go to france like we promised but it's 4 months before 9/11 and everyone knows poo poo is about to happen so france is closed, enjoy Norway again

Submarines?

We were "going to Brest" like every 2 months, then we'd pull into Scotland or Norway again, not that those aren't two cool places to pull in to.

Made it to Spain once, where I got to see the beautiful Spanish laundromat and gorgious Rota smoke pad because I was stuck fixing something that required my personal attention 18 hours a day, and was keeping us stuck in port.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

titties posted:

Yes, we were also going to Brest, I was promised that the wine would flow freely and we would receive the adoration of the locals but why do that when you could go back to Tromso or Faslane or whatever.

Getting a billet on a tender at Rota was spoken of in tones of reverence usually reserved for king neptune himself or, like, being able to take 30 days of leave at the last port call and flying home early.

Are you saying you heard Brest was the best, but you never got to put it to the test?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

I just assumed half the thrill of the thread was finding creative ways of implying goons were getting each other all horned up

No no I’m about to deploy overseas for a year and just got a little or a lot drunk. I’m ok now.

Lol
[/quote]

Take care, shipmate. LMK if you need a mid deployment care package.

Regards,
-Elviscat&Cat

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Mugs make pretty good whiskey glasses.

Apparently my camera's reaction to dusk is to make everything super blurry and soft.

Also pictured: rare 1 week quarantine scruff.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

:lmao:

And thanks pals. I've made plenty of decisions I regret over the last ten years but I'm still hundo p with the tattoos :buddy:

The line work and abstraction makes them look really classy and timeless, unlike a lot of tattoos, that show up in another thread.

My favorite tattoo is the Space Needle I have on my shoulder blade, if a million Texans can be proud of their dumb birthplace, I can be proud of mine, it's also objectively my best tattoo.

LingcodKilla posted:

The only way they could be more perfect is if they were somehow a squid, crab, fish or uh... coral? Anyways yeah great.

I’m stuck in quarantine in Naples with bad WiFi so just imagine me but harrier and getting fatter from decent room service Italian food.

That sounds nice, they're talking about flying someone in my office of 3 out to Guam, and the quarantine situation out there sounds dire. Glad yours is pretty humane (sucks about the wifi).

I'm in charge of the office so I can send anyone I want, but I'm the only non-married no kids dude, and I can't really justify ripping one of my guys away from his family for a month.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Thanks for being human(ask the guys maybe you get a volunteer).

They're not interested, I'll go if I have to, but I know the dudes in Guam, and I think we'll be able to facilitate a transfer of equipment and knowledge to them so they can do the job, I won't have to fly out and everyone will win. My counterparts are good people.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I dig it! As well as his skeleton buddy. :3:

Thank you! Skelly, the avatar of my favorite 40yo punk band, is relevant again thanks to the power of puns.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Nur_Neerg posted:

I uh, found an angle where my quarantine hair becomes an ushanka !

Cat is unimpressed.

Even your cat is impressed by your hair!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Please cross post that pizza to the AFP thread.

And tell 6th fleet to find you better food.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Got a professional haircut for the first time in a few months, now I can stop taking gundick selfies!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

I have fully embraced the mask lifestyle

The mask lifestyle looks like it's embracing you too (looks good)

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

Late reply, but congratulations!

Is there any way we Goons could come together and fund Scathatch's expensive "Large Sandwich and Cheap Beer" reception? I don't think anyone should start their marriage out broke. I'm not good at this type of thing though.

Scathatch, maybe you could set up and link some sort of fund for your reception and whatnot so interested Goons could provide their well-wishes?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Scathach posted:

Thank you guys! Holy crap y'all have me tearing up. I don't even know what to say but man, goons are just cool people.

I guess I could do a GoFundMe but it asks for a goal amount and I'm not really comfortable with that. Could just put a small amount and do whatever? I don't know. But I appreciate the gently caress out of you guys.

COOL CORN posted:

Sure just set it at like $20 or something and if we break that amount, great!

Yeah, just do this, if the amount given exceeds the amount asked for/the amount needed for subs and beer, just apply it to your Honeymoon or something.

WA's got a lot of sweet resorts that are open right now, in low risk counties, that are going for mad cheap is all I'm sayin', and it's got some of the most amazing scenery in the US.

Selfie tax:
"Hello, what are you eating? Is it good? Can I have a sniff? Etc"

E:2 gratuitous Taylor Swift picture

E:1

Aceofblue posted:

Feelin' like a shapeshifter today. I'm non-binary and generally swing transmasc, and was feeling pretty lovely about my body today so decided to try to take a cute selfie in girl mode. I think I succeed?

Normal daytime me

girlmode?

No matter the mode you look wonderful!

Elviscat has a new favorite as of 07:41 on Jun 19, 2020

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Pitched a few bucks towards the wedding.

Gotta have a few good things come out of this year.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Such Fun posted:

I’ve always enjoyed the stories of syringe mohawk skull-person tremendously. Scathach, you’re such a Mensch!
I’ve chipped in too, and I hope you’ll have an amazing day ❤️

Using your username as your donation name is just perfect!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Such Fun posted:

So yeah, this was meant as a joke. The tone that supposedly would have made it funny was only in my head and not in the post.
You might be surprised to learn that this has happened to me before.
Sorry matti, that was a cool picture actually

The "it's art" sold it for me as a joke, the "super aggressive about a specific subject" joke, that works so well in TV, is hard to pull off IRL, much less on the internet where tone is hard to convey, I've certainly fallen into this trap, since angry rants about nothing are my go-to joke IRL, it rarely translates well.

Brawnfire posted:

Three years ago May 13th, my daughter's first day of life and my first day as a father

Happy Burthday to your daughter!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Flipperwaldt posted:

That's a very good smile!

Hey, this post stops breaking my phone when it's quoted.

I spot no less than three radient things in that picture.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Scathach posted:

Thank you guys SO MUCH for helping us with the wedding. I'll have more pictures soon when the photographer gets with me.

We appreciate you guys.

Yaaaaaay!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

It’s wonderful to see you (posting) again. Thank you for all the stuff you do in the background.

Getting festive on this garbage scow.

Is that some sort of combined auditorium/mess? What class of ship? DDG? That's loving enormous compared to the poo poo I'm used to.

Your mustache is very fine.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Hi, friends :) I felt pretty good today so I took a picture!!!

For those who may not recall, I'm the one on the right.

e: also featuring: the Pillsbury rolls discussed elsewhere in PYF.

It's good to see you back!

E: selfie for the selfie thread.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Spearhead class USNS ship. It’s .... special.

Holy poo poo, yeah it is.

"During operations in 2015, Spearhead experienced bow damage from rough seas requiring more than a half-million dollars (USD) to repair. It was determined that a design change that Austal recommended to the Navy late in the design phase to save weight has resulted in a weakened bow structure. The first five ships in the class will need to be returned to Austal to have upgrades done to improve the superstructure, at a cost of $1.2M each. The remaining ships which are still in various stages of construction will be upgraded as well.[14]"

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I've been feeding the latest stray to come roaming around my house, after about a month begging for food turned into begging for pets.

Now the cat hops on my table, then gets on my shoulder so it can wash me and just chills there like a little mech pilot.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Guzwar posted:

Fuckin' right on :respek:

Will you be taking him/her to the vet for the whole check-up/spaying/shots thing and making them a proper housecat?

He will eventually be a proper housecat, yes. It's sad right now, the downstairs of my house is gutted for remodel, so it has holes he can wiggle out of (I've tried), and upstairs isn't doable because Rosie is an antisocial bitch to other kitties.

I have feelers out for anyone looking for a chill adult cat, if that doesn't happen poor guy's gonna have to tough it out in the crawlspace for another few months.

As soon as I feel that he'll stick around after the trauma, he'll get a trip to the vet.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Everyone looking great in 2021.

This cat is too photogenic.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Is that choker made of safety pins?? It is bomb :discourse: As is everything else about your look as usual.

Hey PP! I am glad the sad brains have relented a bit :unsmith: That short blue hair is amazing on you.

I'm bumping this thread back to the front page for kind of a selfish reason; I was browsing through my pictures folder and I had never realized how visible my own sad brains were in a lot of the selfies I've taken. My eyes in a lot of them really bummed me out. I didn't even realize when I took them I was so unhappy :( I am very powerful at emotional repression.

But this morning I had taken a selfie, and looking at today's picture and my old ones side by side I look a little tired but a lot happier. And "a little tired but a lot happier" is a pretty good way to be and I'm grateful for that. Today I will commemorate "the day I realized I am a lot happier than I used to be."

It's good that you're doing better, and that you realize it.

Brawnfire posted:

Absolutely

This is me just shortly after the first was born, in 2017

Man you have some photogenic babies.

I still have Cat.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Elvis, this is a very good Cat. Shoulder cats are top tier. :kimchi:

Brawnfire posted:

Thanks, they somehow both got our best features (and left us with the rest)

I like that you have a shoulder cat, I've always wanted a shoulder cat

Not to say you're not fine looking yourself!

Jules is the best, I caught him tearing open a bag of cheap bread I was using to extract a bearing and had left on the ground.

For a month I put out food for him and he'd run away or attack me if I got within 10'.

Then one day I put out his food and sat down 15' away, as was custom, and after he ate he ran up and was like "your shoulders and lap are my home now fucker" and he's been living on my deck ever since.

He only loves me, if my Mom or GF are over he'll stay in his house, but not come any closer.

If more than 1 person is over he runs away, then the second they're gone he comes back for food and shoulder time :kimchi:

He's the 3rd in a line of wonderful, adoptable and cuddly kitties that have moved into my crawlspace, and the first that'll be my cat and I'll have forever (other two are also in great homes)

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

Hello thread, I have never selfied here before!

That's a solid goatee.

My selfie taking has increased like 1000% recently, dunno why.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Y'all look great.

Can I tell you a secret?

I'm a sentient cat piloting a brain dead human around, like one of those ants with the fungus growing out its head.

No one's noticed yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

He's gone from preferring my shoulders, to insisting I hold him like a baby.