Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It occurs to me now that not making the thread title "League of Legends S4.5: I think everyone is overtuned" was a missed opportunity.

Also the ultimate skin is clearly going to be #LCSBIGPLAYS Lee Sin. Also the Victorious skin will be for him and one of the winning team skins.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

Also what Brannock said. His default skin is so garbage.

You take that the gently caress back. Default Hobodyr is still the best Udyr.

Also I remember the patch when they first introduced muramana and it dealt magic damage and procced on each hit of Syndra's ult and Ahri's W. That was a fun patch. I think it only procs once for those spells now, but I haven't actually checked in a while.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

xX_420weedGoquinn69_Xx

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

StackingHurriquinns

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That's not entirely accurate, as you didn't even actually have ult before demolishing the Quinn goon in that match.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

mortons stork posted:

The guy who mentioned it before reminded me to ask: has there ever been a reason to build stark's fervor in the last 3 years?
Also what happened to soul shroud, cause I only now got reminded that item existed and yet I used to build it every game on support. They took away a lot of poo poo I apparently don't miss at all. Like mana manipulator.

Support Volibear. :getin: :tbear: (The trash can is your team's chances of winning the game if you do this.)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

On the subject of Gangplank, this rework suggestion popped up on Imgur the other day and it's....interesting to say the least.

http://imgur.com/gallery/IDknap8

It's also goddamn unreadable. That person needs to either lay out their text in a nice font (actually they need to do that period) and better structure or cut out a shitload of text. The rise of "infographics" has been terrible for actually effectively communicating information. You're not supposed to load them down with text! That is literally the exact opposite of how they're supposed to be used!

As for Gangplank himself, he mostly just suffers from a lack of any real identity and just having a grab bag of individually really useful skills that have to be kind of weak or he'd be overbearing. I think changing his Q to be unable to crit (which would be massively unpopular, granted) with some usability buffs in exchange would be a good start. Yeah winning the lottery sometimes is fun, but I think overall having that chance prevents him from getting changes elsewhere.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 10, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Libertine posted:

New Gangplank Passive (Helpful Crew): Gangplank takes 10% of all income earned by all teammates, they get a buff called "Captain's Bounty" which does nothing but taxes their income.

Rather than that, make it so that Gangplank doesn't take 10% of all income, but takes the kill/assist gold and kill credit on any kill he's part of for himself. And teammates don't even get an assist credit from it either. The captain gets all the glory. Lightning guns don't pay for themselves, you know.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 10, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Wizpig seems to have major mana issues

I missed the actual match that was linked and don't want to dig through giant archives (unless someone has a time stamp), but from what I've seen of Mageuani, her laning pretty much seems to be just getting beat up for 15 minutes and then ??? happens and the person playing her just wins because they're a better player than everyone else in their games.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fun fact: Poppy has the coin support item in her recommended items list (though not as a starting item) because I guess they forgot to update hers when philo stone was replaced by it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In a cave somewhere, Skarner looks at the model of himself he has cobbled together from scraps of metal dug out of the trash, touches it softly, and sheds a single crystalline tear, dreaming of something he knows will never be.

Waffle! posted:

Sign me the gently caress up. Only possible downside to it being Veigar is that I'd have to stop using the Superb Villain skin.

Bad Santa Veigar or get the gently caress out. Game master Veigar could be neat, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Poulpe posted:

Gotta be a racing wheel/gearshift setup.

Will Fiddlesticks finally get his driver's license back?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

NTT posted:

Oh poo poo virtual boy lissandra's would be the best thing. All those dark faded reds for effects :allears:

Would ulting herself just be a puddle of puke from motion sickness?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Brannock posted:

Does anyone have any live experience with Ardent Censer on Karma? I see it trumpeted for Sona, Soraka, and Janna, but not really Karma. Mantra Shield is already ridiculously strong, giving your entire team +25% attack speed seems like it'd send it over the top.

I really wish they'd let censer affect the caster if they shield/heal themselves. It's one of those restrictions that feels like it's there mostly just because Riot wanted to make sure interesting builds don't happen. Either that or they couldn't get it to not proc off lifesteal.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Brannock posted:

Dear Gold players, stop loving picking Thresh. He loving sucks now, he got all the power gutted out of his kit because he had actually fun mechanics and interaction in the game and Riot absolutely cannot tolerate that because they're intentionally setting out to make the game as bland oatmeal as possible. Thresh joins Elise in the dumpster, soon to be accompanied by Lee Sin once Riot finishes rolling out their original Lee nerfs as slowly as possible so the community won't notice.

Pick Leona if you want to kill dudes or Blitzcrank if you want to hook dudes. And expect to see a Gameplay Rework on Thresh in a year or so because of a Toxic Kit that Doesn't Promote Counterplay and Doesn't Have Enough Levers to Balance It. We Want to Create a Support Pattern for Thresh that will successfully Communicate the Fantasy of being a Ghostly Spooky Mister Chain.

I for one approve of the dumpstering of Thresh, Elise, and Lee Sin.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I love everything about that except the mask. Maybe it's just a bad angle for it, though.

Edit: And honestly I find blade queen Lissandra a bit disappointing. The color palette is kind of bad and it just isn't a big enough departure from her existing skins.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 13, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dark matter is way too wussy, though. :(

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Just Offscreen posted:

Why in God's name would you want to own all the champs? There is no real reason for doing so, other than some obsession with collecting things.

Go with stamps instead.

Stamps not champs

Because not everyone has Stockholm syndrome and they might like to have some variety?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Something else that bears mention is to not bother with the tutorial as it is completely worthless poo poo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lovechop posted:

Riot should add a big flashing warning saying DO NOT DO THIS when people try to ult into the middle of teamfights as Quinn and maybe then she wouldn't have such a bad rep buy Quinn.

Is this perhaps what you meant to post?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

^^^^ Going from "Your main damage skill does not hit reliably" to "Your main damage skill hits every single time" is kind of a big deal. He also went from having to care about mana to not really having to do that.

Lovechop posted:

jumped into the fight as if I were a slab of beef, but alas, I was merely a pigeon

The wise bird knows to ride on the back of the rhino.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 14, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad to see that they're focusing on Viktor's Q and R in addition to his passive, as they are by far his least interesting skills, what with being shittier clones of other champions' skills and all.

And headhunter Caitlyn continues to be a skin that can be ignored, but really all of the headhunter skins are pretty lame. Except arguably Nidalee's, but that might be more because the rest of her skins are bad or just recolors.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Poulpe posted:

Which champ would you guys say is the "most" overdue for a skin?
I'd say Karma personally, bearing in mind that those who are earlier "in line" often need full VUs/Reworks before it's sensible. (Hello Taric, Urgot, Evelynn)

Whenever I read it I can't not hear it in Phreak's champion spotlight voice.

Skarner and Yorick still have nothing past their release skins and aren't (at least as far as I know) due for any visual updates. And that's also despite battlecast Skarner being teased for what, 2 years now? With a cruel reminder of how we still don't have roboscorpion in the splash art of a lovely skin for a lovely champion.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gnar seems like one of the very few champions who could reasonably consider zephyr part of his core build.

The Crusher posted:

Told my friend (who just placed Bronze 1, grats dude!) that it's time for Man Lane.

He went Darius, I went Garen, together in the bot lane. My first back at 5:40 was with a purse of 1750 gold. I ended 13/3/12. They surrendered at 27 mins. Everyone needs to have games like this at least once. It's so much fun.

Not a true man lane without a Taric.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

itsjustdrew posted:

Who would? It's a stupid idea. The whole point of the mana, energy, rage system is to have slightly different builds and tactics, right? Maybe give a few more rage / energy/ what other form they can think of using to balance it out a bit though.

Unfortunately in many cases those slightly different tactics pretty much boil down to "spam on cooldown." Riot does not have a good handle on balancing resource systems or management, and part of the reason the game has problems with prevalent wave clearing in particular is that they have done a poor job of handling resource management (i.e., pretty much deciding that resource management is anti-fun).

itsjustdrew posted:

Why not? I like it, especially on AA heavy champs like ashe, MF or cait.

It's on absolutely the wrong price tier (it should not be competing with IE), you can't get it early when the mana regen would matter a lot more and rushing it means you lose to someone who bought an actually good item, and as a late item it is handily beaten by BT. It's a poorly conceived and balanced item, but that's nothing new for items in this game. Really they need to reevaluate the price tiers for carry items (merc scimitar and reaver should not be competing with IE, and last whisper should, for example) and dispense with the notion that normalizing the AD on them is a good idea.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 17, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Libertine posted:

It's because the idea of using the pick and ban phase to plan your team strategy and to counter their top picks (and strategize against the expectations of what they are doing given what they show) goes out the window if their 1st and 2nd picks can be played in 2 or 3 roles. That's why Lulu, Kayle, Alistar, etc. have been such contested picks in competitive League of Legends. If a champion is able to regularly be very successful in multiple roles with completely different play-styles, it's generally a sign that champion is overall too strong. Alistar will probably get nerfs before the end of the season because of this. Lulu and Kayle have already gotten a bunch of nerfs because of this and they are still very strong flex picks.

Being able to run champions in multiple possible roles is a good thing, and if alternate strategies to deal with that aren't viable or focused champions can't compete, then those things are the problem, to which the solution is not immediately implementing a ham-fisted nerf to ensure that any champion can only ever do one specific thing on a team in one specific lane.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Libertine posted:

Considering that Riot has been nerf-hammering multi-role flex champions for years now I don't think they agree with you.

Didn't say they do. That went out the window when they put in those horrible changes to just top and mid outer towers (and eventually bottom after months of people calling them out on how dumb that poo poo was) explicitly to counter early pushes that had existed for what, 3 weeks before that?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Perhaps this was the intent of using full metal Rammus with a dagger looking like that, but I now really want a tonberry Rammus skin. Also Rammus just needs skins that aren't lovely period.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

I like Full Metal Rammus, at least. His other skins, though... Yeah, he's rather lacking in the good skin department, though not in sheer quantity.

Rammus and Malphite are the only members of the illustrious club of champions with both fire and ice skins for maximum creativity. Brand and Annie don't count for obvious reasons.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It begins.

PBE notes posted:

Mini Gnar base attack damage increased to 48 from 45
Mega Gnar base attack damage increased to 52 from 49
Hyper (Mini W) maximum damage vs monsters increased 100/150/200/250/300 from 75/125/175/225/275
GNAR! (R) bonus ad ratio increased to .5 from .2
GNAR! (R) now has AP scaling of .5 up from 0.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

It's almost like game breaking abilities are a bad idea.

Not if they have appropriate costs in terms of what the rest of the kit can do or there are reasonable ways around them.

The absence of thought given to either of those things by Riot tends to be the problem.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 19, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Poor Tripsy just got out of the hospital and now it looks like he's headed back there again :ohdear:.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

lilspooky posted:

Because Anivia has insane loving damage.

Also he traveled through time to when Veigar was level 1 and assassinated him then. The damage numbers are simply the present correcting for the altered past to make the timelines meet up.

poo poo I just thought up what Zilean's new kit should be.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 21, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Libertine posted:

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/riot-official/roWqZw28-10-crazy-team-comps-to-test-out-in-team-builder

The best part of this article was how bad absolutely every single suggested team comp was. Team Builder luckily means I don't have ever to deal with any of the following suggested from the article:

* Karthus (Bot Mage) ?
* Dr. Mundo (Bot Marksman) ??
* Kennen (Marksman Assassin), Shen (Support Assassin) ??? ???
(Good luck with queue times as a "bot lane assassin" or "Marksman Mundo")

* Vel’koz (Mid Mage)
** Malzahar (Bot Support)
*** "Yes, technically you can sub in Kassadin for Malz." ???
(Weirdest part of this one is that they could have listed Vel'Koz as the support since he is fairly commonly played there, but decided to suggest Malzahar or Kassadin as the support for some reason)

They're still trying to convince people that team builder was ever going to be used for anything other than people running Riot-Approved Holy Meta teams?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Waiting for people to start calling Veigar, Garen, and Ashe overtuned.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Shyvana one is cool (though nobody actually walks like that), but the Vayne one has some problems with perspective and motion. I'm assuming they're trying to show her mid-tumble backwards based on her cape, but based on the trees and the moon behind her, it looks more like the viewer is looking almost straight up at Vayne falling from above or passing over them. And the background has what looks like a blur from the viewer spinning? Stupid boots aside Vayne looks decent enough, but the background just doesn't seem to fit. Like where and who is the viewer supposed to be?

Cyber Yasuo's helmet still looks dumb, but the rest of the skin is cool.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 22, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm not sure that projectile blocking can really be called common now that it exists on two champions instead of one, but it's a good addition to the game. Braum's is more or less fine since he still takes whatever effect is attached to the projectile even if he nullifies the damage (root Braum in one spot while he shields to leave the rest of his team open, etc.), and you can still damage him after the first block even while it's up. Yasuo's I think should be a bit more strict in its requirements since it's a full block that costs him literally nothing but the cooldown, though. I think it shouldn't become active immediately, instead activating after the half second or so travel time. That forces him to be more predictive with it and judge positioning better rather than "skill shot/aoe ult? Whoop, reaction negated."

They should also spread the mechanic around more. Let a charged Janna tornado block projectiles while it moves out. Let Viktor's gravity well be upgraded to slow or stop them. Let Zilean freeze projectiles around him for a half second or so. Hell, have Garen's ult leave behind the sword for a couple seconds to block projectiles and pathing. Let Morde's W block or reduce projectile damage to spice him up.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Brannock posted:

Oh, if we're talking art updates I really wish they'd redo Gangplank's splash again. He doesn't look one bit threatening, he just looks doughy and goofy. His skins all look appropriately Super Pirate Is Gonna gently caress You Up, but his base just looks incredibly unintimidating.

Never forget.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you're going to play Quinn, make sure to buy an ohmwrecker on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Some people in this thread apparently don't remember how lovely Shen makes the game when he's good.

• Locked thread