Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Got beat by Bo Dallas, a shameful thing. Regal decided that me getting completely squashed warranted a #1 contender match so I got that going for me at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

2k15 really ramps up the difficulty on title defenses - on more than one occasion I had to DQ myself because I was getting to my second finisher and hadn't gotten Rusev down to his red health bar yet (granted, most of my super heavyweight CAW's attacks target the torso and I assume Rusev's pretty sturdy there)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Basic Chunnel posted:

2k15 really ramps up the difficulty on title defenses - on more than one occasion I had to DQ myself because I was getting to my second finisher and hadn't gotten Rusev down to his red health bar yet (granted, most of my super heavyweight CAW's attacks target the torso and I assume Rusev's pretty sturdy there)

Rusev's torso is basically a literal tree with arms and legs grafted to it, yeah.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

My move set targets the head with everything and I aim to hire David Otunga to lobby for the introduction of a TKO rule.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Spent some more time with 2K15. Still feels a bit clunky, but I do like the extra transition animations. It's cool to see a tired guy grab the ropes to try and drag himself to his feet. Also it's nice how they added in the "stumbled to a knee" position, where you can grab a guy and do a move from there.

I wish match highlights would be better. I somehow got in position to do a reverse suplex from the apron to the floor and it didn't tag it as a match highlight

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Since the reception to PC 2K15 seems pretty mixed and I don't have the best rig in the world, i decided to wait and instead get my fix from emulating VPW2. Goddamn is this a great game. I played it for a few years on my actual N64 in the early 2000's so it's not entirely new to me but it's a nice change of pace from the WWE games, and even Fire Pro R which i've been playing on and off forever.

I LOVE the little things that aren't available in No Mercy, like the MMA stuff, the striking strong grapple, and the awesome german suplex counter into running attack. I started the Royal Road last night (which I remember being interminable), and my first match was against Yoshinari Ogawa. It was awesome! And i hate Ogawa! Every time the tide turned in his favor I was legit upset I would lose to this skinny geek. Eventually I beat him after 14 minutes. Eventually after i get good again it won't be as competitive, and thusly not as much fun, but for now its great.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

pressedbunny posted:

I still think this should have been Nattie.

lol she P'd her pants.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I only learned this after listening to the Bombcast, but the 2K15 PC version uses the Xbone icon for "start button", the three lines in the circle. I had no idea what the hell it was when going through menus, since I'm using a normal controller.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

triplexpac posted:

I wish match highlights would be better. I somehow got in position to do a reverse suplex from the apron to the floor and it didn't tag it as a match highlight

The sameness of the commentary is my main gripe with that.

1st highlight: "Let's look at these highlights!"
2nd highlight: "There were some great highlights!"
3rd highlight: "And now the highlights!"

They use context-specific things for suplexes and stuff like that. How hard would it be to throw a couple real references in there? I hope someone pulls off a commentary mod someday, though that's a hell of a lot to replace.

Should there be a separate modding thread over in Games? I don't know if it's too early in the process for that or what.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

sticklefifer posted:

Should there be a separate modding thread over in Games? I don't know if it's too early in the process for that or what.

I wouldn't bother. Anyone interested in the game is going to be in this thread, and there's really nothing else to talk about here besides the odd Supercard/Immortals update. Or me talking about my wonderful TEW game.

There's not that much out there for modding yet as far as I've seen. People have cracked how to replace trons & music. I've seen some new title screen designs. Some updated textures here and there. I'm just going to leave the game stock and play through the Career / Universe mode stuff, and get into modding once things have evolved a bit more.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
The Rollins card for this week's RtG has "SKO" for the special ability :allears:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Progress on mods is slow, but its going. Here's an updated Sheamus someone is working on.

https://youtu.be/ZYAQBQeyTqw

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Pff, no beard tassels. Go big or go home.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Minidust posted:

The Rollins card for this week's RtG has "SKO" for the special ability :allears:

Another loving right arrow though! :argh:

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

gypsyshred posted:

Is there a trick to the 5 Star Frog Splash? I'm on the showcase match for RVD v HBK, and it wont trigger. I have all the other objectives done, and from what I understand when I have a finisher stored, I should trigger it from the top rope, opponent out on his back. However, I never get the finisher prompt and pressing Y does nothing. Am I missing something?

Check your stamina. If you can't hit a finisher, you probably don't have enough stamina. If you're late in the match and have a finisher like a top rope grapple or a top rope move that requires some stamina to set up (via running, hitting another move, etc.) you may have blown your meter and may need a second to recharge before the icon will show.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

sticklefifer posted:

Pff, no beard tassels. Go big or go home.

Work in progress, fella.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The most beautiful part of that is Sheamus returned right at the end of the usual roster cut-off period, so there's actually a very good chance 2k16 will feature old face Sheamus.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I feel like they'll probably change some stuff like that on the fly. If a modder can do it in a week on 2k15, they can switch out someone's hair by the time 2k16 ships.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

I feel like they'll probably change some stuff like that on the fly. If a modder can do it in a week on 2k15, they can switch out someone's hair by the time 2k16 ships.

:effort:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

sticklefifer posted:

Hell, modders have already fixed Hogan's hair so it's correctly what it is today instead of what they always show in these games.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

sticklefifer posted:

They didn't even update Dean Ambrose's shirt colour last time.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

:allears:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

At least it's new people making it.

Right?

Right?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's a shameful thing.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

sticklefifer posted:

It's a shameful thing.

"We need to update the code on Sheamus's hair by release."

"It's impossible to update that code in time! It's too many lines! TOO MANY LINES!!! OOOohhhhhhhh...."

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

sticklefifer posted:

Haha Ambrose and Rollins still have their Shield entrances and attire in 2k15, even though the Shield broke up like 8 months before the game came out.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Anything substantial like character models is locked in at wrestlemania I believe. Something like a titantron or music would be easily changed but even if they had the inclination to do that it would be weird having shield gear and animation Rollins coming out to new music and titantron

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
That's already being worked on though. People have Rollins' Titan and Minitrons modded in, as well as his and Ambrose's attire. Once someone creates good animations for their walks to the ring, maybe even including J+J Security, we'll be set.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Where are you guys following the modding community? I see a couple boards when I look it up that look pretty lovely.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

If I worked at Yuke's I would absolutely stop working the second 2K stopped sending me checks. Let the spergs secure their own immersion, I'm locking down February 2013 and keeping it there

Maybe I didn't work all that hard when I was being paid, but by God that's the dream, isn't it?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
In Supercard the final login bonus for the month seems to have gone from epic to legendary.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So my Company in TEW 2013. is doing good, I got to 1986 and Arn Anderon is my main champion in a rivalry with Shawn Michaels. Just another question, is it ok to have more Main Eventers/Upper Midcarders than given automatically in the Auto-Push? Most of my top guys are in C(+) popularity in my region and some of those guys are being pushed as midcarders. Will there be any negative effects by pushing them over the recommended push?

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 07:03 on May 7, 2015

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It's a lot safer to keep your guys in the midcard as long as possible. Reason being, at upper midcard and above, losing matches results in a loss of popularity in whatever regions are watching, in addition to momentum loss (though as a general rule, the closer in overness two opponents are, the lesser the overness loss). At midcard and below, popularity loss is not a problem, in fact workers will gain popularity when they lose, though jobbers' in-the-toilet momentum will see their overness gain slowly.

For this reason, you'll typically see workers become a lot touchier about eating pins from lower-overness workers once you promote them. I'm not sure if match ratings are throttled by card position but if they are, matches with high card guys could be better received. They'll also be able to fill in on main event-caliber bouts, in addition to matches against midcarders that they should almost always win. If you're willing to pay off their grumbling, you can keep guys in the midcard forever, though they will get more expensive as they get more over. Ideally your roster should be a chain of cycles - openers and enhancement talents fed to low-midcarders, low-midcarders fed to midcarders, midcarders fed to upper midcarders, etc.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 07:29 on May 7, 2015

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

It's a lot safer to keep your guys in the midcard as long as possible. Reason being, at upper midcard and above, losing matches results in a loss of popularity in whatever regions are watching, in addition to momentum loss (though as a general rule, the closer in overness two opponents are, the lesser the overness loss). At midcard and below, popularity loss is not a problem, in fact workers will gain popularity when they lose, though jobbers' in-the-toilet momentum will see their overness gain slowly.

For this reason, you'll typically see workers become a lot touchier about eating pins from lower-overness workers once you promote them. I'm not sure if match ratings are throttled by card position but if they are, matches with high card guys could be better received. They'll also be able to fill in on main event-caliber bouts, in addition to matches against midcarders that they should almost always win. If you're willing to pay off their grumbling, you can keep guys in the midcard forever, though they will get more expensive as they get more over. Ideally your roster should be a chain of cycles - openers and enhancement talents fed to low-midcarders, low-midcarders fed to midcarders, midcarders fed to upper midcarders, etc.

Is there a limit to how long midcarders and lower can lose before their popularity just stagnates? This has happened in some of my earlier attempts. I'm thinking it could resulted in having too many matches with people in the same tier. (Midcarder vs midcarder, main event vs main event) I'm hesitant in giving midcarders title shots as it might ruin the prestige. Only upper midcarders and up get those shots which sees the lower card going against each other except when the title isn't being defended.

To stop this stagnation, I book wins based on popularity regardless of card position, the problem being many of my guys are at the upper limit of popularity at my size leading to the weird auto-push positions.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 08:19 on May 7, 2015

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Golashes posted:

Where are you guys following the modding community? I see a couple boards when I look it up that look pretty lovely.

2k's official board seems to be doing pretty solid work so far.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Nope, no limit, though I think winning against midcarders might make their momentum not quite what it could be. It's just that when they've hit the threshold of upper midcard in overness (relative to the size and overness of your roster), they'll ask to be given a promotion, and then get progressively more grumpy every week. If you've got enough money you can pay them off to stay in the low card. So there's a natural point at which the change should happen.

One thing that I learned in my TEW game thread is that card position is drastically affected by the size / overness of your roster. So if you've got an opener you'd like to be able to win matches without pissing off the match loser, add a few 100% no-names off the market as jobbers to your jobbers - the new workers with 0 overness anywhere will wildly skew the fed's card calculations, and now your enhancement talent is a low-mid or even midcarder, compared to the new schmucks.

In your case, I'd look for dead weight on the roster and cut it where you can. This will give your guys' overness scores less relative value and you might manage to knock the guys you want low on the card back down it.

Note that an rising/ebbing tide lifts/lowers all boats and doing either of those things could cause problems with just-there main eventers getting knocked down the card too, etc.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

2k are definitely going to go the Bethesda route of "shipping games that don't work and letting the community fix them and make them good™".

They're not Bethesda so they're not going to get an inexplicable pass on it though.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
The reason Bethesda gets a pass is how ambitious and cool the underlying concepts of their games are.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

At least Yuke's is better (more honest??) than Firaxis, who make half a game and then charge retail price for two 25% chunks of it months after the fact. Not even "content" but, like, whole new ways to play the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Gough Suppressant posted:

The reason Bethesda gets a pass is how ambitious and cool the underlying concepts of their games are.

Or we give them a pass based on games that they've published but not developed ie New Vegas & Dishonored.